ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, pineappleheadindc, nate33, WizStorm, miller31time

User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 16,262
And1: 399
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#1 » by closg00 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:45 am

Mike Hall is playing on the Nuggets Summer team

Edit: Jarvis Hayes & Juan Dixon have been contacted been contacted by the Hornets.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20080704/APS/807040932
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,439
And1: 7
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
Location: Now in Frederick
Contact:

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#2 » by Soup's Uncle » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm surprised the Pistons wouldn't want to hold on to Arvis. He actually played pretty well for them. I wouldn't want him back here though. He'd come here and fracture the knee cap again.
F Street = Wall Street
User avatar
keynote
Head Coach
Posts: 6,420
And1: 811
Joined: May 20, 2002
Location: Harlem
         

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#3 » by keynote » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:14 pm

Soup's Uncle wrote:I'm surprised the Pistons wouldn't want to hold on to Arvis. He actually played pretty well for them. I wouldn't want him back here though. He'd come here and fracture the knee cap again.


Most Pistons fans I know couldn't stand Arvis. He might've shown up for a game here and there, but he was, from all reports, terrible on the defensive end and a bad fit with Afflalo and Maxiell.
“Some nights you just don’t make shots,” Wittman lamented.
User avatar
Halcyon
Starter
Posts: 2,098
And1: 95
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
       

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#4 » by Halcyon » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:16 pm

Arvis had a few big games (one notably against us) but I think there's a reason why he barely played in the playoffs.

I hope Juan can stick in the league though, hopefully the Hornets pick him up.
yungal07
Banned User
Posts: 7,161
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 23, 2007
Location: The DMV

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#5 » by yungal07 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:41 pm

Wow...so many former bums on the team. Thank you MJ and Wes. Jezus H Christ...
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 16,262
And1: 399
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#6 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 9:14 am

Party John an allstar, who would have thought. Swiped from Ivan's blog from a poster.

Peter John Ramos, the uncoordinated 7'3" former Wizards center drafted 32nd in the 2004 draft, played last year in the premier Spanish league. He was selected to the All-star team and won MVP of the All-star game. On the season, he averaged 17.5 pts and 9.8 boards.
He starting playing basketball at age 13 and he is currently 23 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_John ... smo_o_no-0
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
WizStorm
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 9,491
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 02, 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#7 » by WizStorm » Tue Jul 8, 2008 9:53 pm

Looks like Miami might be following Detroit's blueprint by snapping up former Wizards...
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/597712.html
The Heat has expressed interest in several free agents: center Kwame Brown and guards Jannero Pargo and Roger Mason.

Agent Mark Bartelstein said Tuesday afternoon he has had discussions about his three clients with the Heat, but ''nothing is happening imminently'' regarding contract offers. However, he said Mason visited the Heat last week.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 16,262
And1: 399
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#8 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 11:35 pm

WizStorm wrote:Looks like Miami might be following Detroit's blueprint by snapping up former Wizards...
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/597712.html
The Heat has expressed interest in several free agents: center Kwame Brown and guards Jannero Pargo and Roger Mason.

Agent Mark Bartelstein said Tuesday afternoon he has had discussions about his three clients with the Heat, but ''nothing is happening imminently'' regarding contract offers. However, he said Mason visited the Heat last week.


Damn that would suck having Mason come back on us :evil:
User avatar
lupin
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,606
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 21, 2002
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#9 » by lupin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:51 am

I think I read either on the Wiretap or Yahoo Sports that 'Arvis Hayes is signing a 2 year deal with NJ.
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 16,262
And1: 399
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#10 » by closg00 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:23 am

lupin wrote:I think I read either on the Wiretap or Yahoo Sports that 'Arvis Hayes is signing a 2 year deal with NJ.

Arvis Journey's on
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 16,262
And1: 399
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#11 » by closg00 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:51 am

Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,701
And1: 99
Joined: Apr 10, 2008
Location: Newport News, VA

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#12 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:19 pm

lupin wrote:I think I read either on the Wiretap or Yahoo Sports that 'Arvis Hayes is signing a 2 year deal with NJ.


Every time I think of Arvis now I flash back to this video gilbert0arenas posted during the playoffs...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=svUVULjLrj0

:lol:

and looking for that I saw this layup attempt, which makes the 'Arvis shot look golden...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvOm7dPS0Uw&feature=related
User avatar
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 29,403
And1: 385
Joined: May 23, 2002
Location: In Ernie We Trust!
Contact:
   

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#13 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:16 pm

OMG! How the heck does Kwame get close to the MLE from a contender?!?!?! I expected him to stick around the league, sure. But on a team desperate for a big that would offer him the LLE - not getting $4M per from a team with a shot at a title.
User avatar
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 10,145
And1: 1,492
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
     

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#14 » by JWizmentality » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm

LyricalRico wrote:OMG! How the heck does Kwame get close to the MLE from a contender?!?!?! I expected him to stick around the league, sure. But on a team desperate for a big that would offer him the LLE - not getting $4M per from a team with a shot at a title.


Rico posts his 2cents and bolts outta here like a bat out of hell, ducking his responsibility to clean up Scabs' mess. Boooooo...rent-a-mod.
Scabs304
General Manager
Posts: 8,124
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 21, 2001
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#15 » by Scabs304 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:30 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:OMG! How the heck does Kwame get close to the MLE from a contender?!?!?! I expected him to stick around the league, sure. But on a team desperate for a big that would offer him the LLE - not getting $4M per from a team with a shot at a title.


Rico posts his 2cents and bolts outta here like a bat out of hell, ducking his responsibility to clean up Scabs' mess. Boooooo...rent-a-mod.

Rico has no power here. Only one with true power here is GOD.
I am Scabs.
User avatar
doclinkin
General Manager
Posts: 8,423
And1: 464
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#16 » by doclinkin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Detroit has done pretty well with the DC castoffs, though the quality declines. They're trying to recoup that championship magic.
User avatar
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
Posts: 3,575
And1: 0
Joined: May 04, 2005
Location: Silver Spring, MD

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#17 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:00 am

That is a little weird. You're giving Kwame more than we gave Blatche? Why?
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
Scabs304
General Manager
Posts: 8,124
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 21, 2001
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#18 » by Scabs304 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:04 am

I believe they might of overpaid a little, but taking into consideration what people like Nene and so forth are paid it isn't that bad. I believe Kwame will put up decent numbers if he is healthy.
I am Scabs.
User avatar
MJG
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,358
And1: 96
Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#19 » by MJG » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:14 am

Who's Kwame's agent? Guy deserves a promotion.
User avatar
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 10,145
And1: 1,492
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
     

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 2.0 

Post#20 » by JWizmentality » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:10 am

MJG wrote:Who's Kwame's agent? Guy deserves a promotion.


+1

I know right...the guy must $h!t gold. :o

Return to Washington Wizards