ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1221 » by closg00 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:54 pm

payitforward wrote:One thing to notice is that guys like Singleton, who aren't good enough to make the many millions of $ NBA teams pay, are still able to earn a ton of money playing basketball. If they are smart, and they have good people handling their affairs, every one of these guys will wind up a very rich individual by his mid-30s.

Dray seems to be very serious now about building his financial future. If I had to guess, I'd say the $$ he earned his first few seasons evaporated just as quickly as it came in. These days he seems to building a nice big bundle. Good for him.

Dray is getting close to 10 Million this year from EG/Ted in addition to the couple of Mil he his making in China, I could retire on that.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1222 » by closg00 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 am

Check out former Wizard for a second Henry (Bill) Walker on the Highlight reel
http://www.nba.com/games/20150223/PHIMI ... tml?ls=slt
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#1223 » by TheSecretWeapon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:47 pm

payitforward wrote:One thing to notice is that guys like Singleton, who aren't good enough to make the many millions of $ NBA teams pay, are still able to earn a ton of money playing basketball. If they are smart, and they have good people handling their affairs, every one of these guys will wind up a very rich individual by his mid-30s.

Dray seems to be very serious now about building his financial future. If I had to guess, I'd say the $$ he earned his first few seasons evaporated just as quickly as it came in. These days he seems to building a nice big bundle. Good for him.

I've heard from many athletes that the first contract for a lot of guys ends up getting spent. It's when they sign the second deal that many get serious about building wealth.

I think in a lot of ways, pro athletes are like lottery winners. They get a lot of money and attention -- and a lot of people coming around to try and get some of that money. And, like a lot of lottery winners, they end up burning through a lot of money. Good thing for athletes is that if they're good enough, they get a "do-over" of sorts with additional contracts. Many lottery winners end up bankrupt because that's their one shot at winning.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Re: Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1224 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm

closg00 wrote:Check out former Wizard for a second Henry (Bill) Walker on the Highlight reel
http://www.nba.com/games/20150223/PHIMI ... tml?ls=slt

I blinked that sec. Who?
RealGM

Post#1225 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:

I've heard from many athletes that the first contract for a lot of guys ends up getting spent. It's when they sign the second deal that many get serious about building wealth.

I think in a lot of ways, pro athletes are like lottery winners. They get a lot of money and attention -- and a lot of people coming around to try and get some of that money. And, like a lot of lottery winners, they end up burning through a lot of money. Good thing for athletes is that if they're good enough, they get a "do-over" of sorts with additional contracts. Many lottery winners end up bankrupt because that's their one shot at winning.

They better have prenuptial agreements and a whole lot of protection which they dispose of. It only takes one baby momma and family court to take all the wealth.

Don't catch a case over some BS. Lawyers are like piranhas if you're ever unfortunate enough to end up in family, civil, and or criminal court. Heck you could be in all three and lose a job at the same time over baseless, patently false accusation. The good news is when all your stuff is gone and your kids are taken away, and even if after all that your best friend/dad dies; you can still know that God is good all the time.

:)

I KNOW how NBA players end up broke. Trying to be nice. Being good people but falling prey to bad people, many so-called friends and relatives. Crooked accounting. Mismanagement or embezzlement of players funds. Baby momma honest, or gold digger. Wife wants to buy .... Trusted friend figuratively shanks you financially. Pretty woman .... women. Older or younger women with agenda. A dude you might have beaten up, even in self defense. You're going to pay one way or another.

The happiest I ever was when I occasionally slept on floors or lived out my car, when I was working my way through college. Some of us slept on the floor. I recall washing up in bathrooms in academic facilities, occasionally. I chose to make it on my own. Had GREAT friendships. One buddy was poor growing up but learned how to turn his mom's electric back on. ((I trust he was honest). We got by on pooling resources. Spiced ham deli slices. Gallon of fruit punch. Girls who worked at Pizza Hut or Chesapeake Bay Seafood or campus bookstore would hook us up on okie doke, sometimes.

I Loved It back when Pizza Hut would give your meal free if your Personal Pan Pizza took more than 5 minutes! One of my friends or more ate free if the right waitress was on shift.

I digress. Poor was fun when I didn't perceive myself poor. I bet a lot of NBA guys find peace even after they blow through (no pun intended) all their money.
diaboliQ_Mo
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#1226 » by diaboliQ_Mo » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:01 am

Wow, really.
How in the world would any playoff team want to pick up Pierre?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ayoff-Team
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#1227 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:10 pm

Wow. McGee gets waived. No buyout, no nothing. The Sixers paid his full salary just to make him go away and not influence their young team.

What an incredible waste of talent. He could be the best center in the NBA. What's weird is that it's not like he's a bad guy or a lazy guy. He just doesn't seem to be able to focus on the things that will make him a more effective basketball player.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1228 » by Dat2U » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:08 pm

nate33 wrote:Wow. McGee gets waived. No buyout, no nothing. The Sixers paid his full salary just to make him go away and not influence their young team.

What an incredible waste of talent. He could be the best center in the NBA. What's weird is that it's not like he's a bad guy or a lazy guy. He just doesn't seem to be able to focus on the things that will make him a more effective basketball player.

McGee needs to go on the journey Hassan Whiteside went on... Whiteside grew up, gained weight & finally took his basketball career seriously... Whiteside had extreme adult ADD issues (like Javale has) but seems to have it check now. At 27, I don't know if "Pierre" has the desire or willingness to sacrifice in order to be a better player, especially considering he's already gotten paid.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1229 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:49 pm

Dat2U wrote:
nate33 wrote:Wow. McGee gets waived. No buyout, no nothing. The Sixers paid his full salary just to make him go away and not influence their young team.

McGee needs to go on the journey Hassan Whiteside went on... Whiteside grew up, gained weight & finally took his basketball career seriously... Whiteside had extreme adult ADD issues (like Javale has) but seems to have it check now. At 27, I don't know if "Pierre" has the desire or willingness to sacrifice in order to be a better player, especially considering he's already gotten paid.

Interesting, didn't know that. If JaVale doesn't blow his money (Momma might keep him under wraps), I would not be surprised at-all to see him back in 2-3 years and using meds. He appears to need those meds to give him his best chance at putting it together.
NiteOwl
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#1230 » by NiteOwl » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:50 pm

I think JaVale should work on his 3-pt shot and recreate himself as a stretch 4. NO ONE is blocking his shot, he hates to rebound and could provide some serious help defense. Some DM him on twitter and see what Pierre thinks...
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#1231 » by AFM » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:42 pm

NiteOwl wrote:I think JaVale should work on his 3-pt shot and recreate himself as a stretch 4. NO ONE is blocking his shot, he hates to rebound and could provide some serious help defense. Some DM him on twitter and see what Pierre thinks...

I think he should reinvent himself as a PG, personally. Imagine him backing down Seth Curry.

Tragic Bronson in the building!!!!!
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,322

Post#1232 » by Kanyewest » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:58 pm

Kirk Hinrich with the dream shake
http://gfycat.com/PessimisticUncommonHare
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#1233 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 11:42 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Kirk Hinrich with the dream shake
http://gfycat.com/PessimisticUncommonHare

:rofl2:
closg00
RealGM

Post#1234 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:53 pm

"Saunders: 'I'm the coach until I say I'm not'"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/saunders-i ... --nba.html
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1235 » by nuposse04 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:15 pm

closg00 wrote:"Saunders: 'I'm the coach until I say I'm not'"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/saunders-i ... --nba.html

I feel for Wiggins, he looks way better in year 1 then I expected, but I can't imagine that offensive philosophy will do him much service in Min. He should just sign a QO when he can and bounce to Canada.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1236 » by closg00 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:03 pm

I wonder if Gilbert will send him a care package.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... f-23-Years
diaboliQ_Mo
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#1237 » by diaboliQ_Mo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:14 am

closg00 wrote:I wonder if Gilbert will send him a care package.

Maybe he should.
But he may want to stay away from this topic in his Instagram game.

More stuff on Crittenton's association with gangs and what not.
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/2014 ... crittenton
RealGM

Post#1238 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 am

closg00 wrote:I wonder if Gilbert will send him a care package.

I felt extremely confident that he did it. However, I expected he would beat the charges and walk. The murder took place way back in 2011. I wonder what evidence they had? This conviction surprised me.

Crittenton has to continue to live with the fact he killed a young mother of four. I am glad he apologized. The story below sheds a lot of light on how this happened.

It's a sad story all the way around.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/java ... ton-063014
closg00
RealGM

Post#1239 » by closg00 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:50 pm

closg00
RealGM

Post#1240 » by closg00 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 2:24 am

Congrats to Nick Young for getting Iggy Azalea to agree to marry him.

Return to Washington Wizards