Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#822 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Sep 6, 2012 8:28 pm

Javale isn't as dumb as people think.

By my scorecard, he punched Blatche and not the other way around. 1-0 McGee. I actually enjoyed his flippant comment about whatever Flip Saunders was mad about, he would understand later. No score for that but nice "style" points scored. Blatche went to Denver and did enough to get paid $40M from a team better than the Wizards, and one with two 7 footers already on the roster. 2-0 McGee. Trained under and earned praise from Hakeem--which is what Pam McGee wanted among it being something that might help. 3-0 McGee

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/58250/lmaoo ... -pics.html

He obviously didn’t want to deal with me anymore at that point, told me he was getting me my own room and that most athletes would just kick me out. He called downstairs and got me a room that would ready in 15 minutes. I even had to demand that he see me to my room.

At this point I acknowledged I could have expressed my disappointment with him in a less argumentative way, I felt bad about the fight so I apologized to him and had sex with him again- which was stupid.

In retrospect that probably did make me look like I was ok with just having sex and being treated a certain way. I admit to that.

The reason I say that is because when I went back home, I never got a good bye text or a call to make sure I made it home safely. My birthday was the next day and I heard nothing from him.

I became one of the girls from the groupie tales.
Dang . . . the chick got SMASHED TWICE and ain't even get any CHIPOTLE out of it!!!

As a divorced guy who has been a real fool for love, as cold blooded as the above passage sounds, Javale obviously knows very well Ray Parker's rules of the game. "Hit it once, then break away clean". First of all, she's the one who waited to see him. Started off right. Secondly, I like the part about him sleep on the couch after the sex. It wasn't love and he didn't fall for the bs most of us would. He was classy in getting her a room. A fool loses his head over a piece of tail. On top of that, she gave it up again and wrote about it. Dude knows the game well and this was very appropriate. That same lady probably would have done the guy like Ochocinco's wife had he married her. When you're TOO NICE to women who have an agenda in the first place, you pay (an even bigger) price. 4-0 McGee.

As a Christian, I really wish were a better man. I have an ideal view of the way things should be and wish I lived it and thought that way. Unfortunately, I've lived differently and see things totally differently now. McGee is way smarter than I have been in that area. The truth is when you meet a woman like that and do her the way he did, you come out better for it and they don't get a chance to let the evil come out. No family court appearances ensue. That is better than wasting time with somebody that is just looking for what they can get.
Bye bye Beal.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#823 » by Nivek » Thu Sep 6, 2012 9:13 pm

C'mon man. Treating a woman like garbage is not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of poor character and immaturity. There's NOTHING in that story suggesting McGee did anything resembling "smart."
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
RealGM

Post#824 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Sep 6, 2012 10:05 pm

I respect your POV, Nivek. I don't agree that he treated the girl like garbage.

From my perspective, when a girl is flown in alone and goes straight to the same room it is understood that is a booty call. This young lady heard the guy say he "doesn't fly bitches out in the offseason". That should have been a warning to her just for the language involved. Objectified all women right up front. Seems to me her demands up front should have been a separate room and a chance to get to know him and not a quick hit.

The part that makes me dubious about the whole thing, Nivek, is she says she wanted to get to know him first but she acquiesced not once, but twice. There's an old saying that goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." In the end she acknowledges that she willingly slept with him again. I think a girl needs to value herself more than that. If that guy wasn't rich or someone she wanted SOMETHING from she wouldn't have done that. Or, she needs to learn to say, "NO!" That is a lesson for everyone to learn.

In retrospect, how about having an itinerary like most people who go on a trip or even a date? How about having a "wing man" travel along? There is safety in numbers. She should have had auntie or some chaperone/blocker accompany her. How about phone numbers, contact information, and another way home just in case? This girl should have known better. What was her bottom line in the first place? If Javale were just a random dude and not a rich NBA player it wouldn't have gone the way it did.

I don't think she was exploited at all. Misguided? Perhaps she was. She also could have just calculated wrongly. Opportunistic women who think a guy with money is naive or dumb cannot wait to pounce.
Bye bye Beal.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#825 » by Nivek » Thu Sep 6, 2012 11:48 pm

Whether or not a woman respects herself has no bearing on how she should be treated. McGee treated her like garbage every step of the way. That she put herself in position to be treated that way suggests she has some self respect issues. But her problems don't clear McGee to treat her like ****.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#826 » by TGW » Fri Sep 7, 2012 12:43 am

Pam is going to whoop that ass after reading this.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#827 » by closg00 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 12:46 am

Should have bought her a burrito.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#828 » by FAH1223 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 9:00 pm

closg00 wrote:Should have bought her a burrito.

:lol: my favorite part of the story

CCJ, I also agree with you 100%. She came out there trying to marry a contract. JaVale treated her like garbage, but she didn't respect herself at all.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#829 » by montestewart » Sat Sep 8, 2012 3:11 am

Nivek wrote:C'mon man. Treating a woman like garbage is not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of poor character and immaturity. There's NOTHING in that story suggesting McGee did anything resembling "smart."

Agreed, but I don't know how to tell how much of that story is true.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#830 » by BruceO » Sat Sep 8, 2012 9:28 pm

McGee just got a contract for is it 40 million? Imagine how well you can live off of that. This is not little money. This is not a secret that there are gold diggers going up and down the country tracking these athletes trying to Be something to them. It's not love of them, it's love for their money. It's subtle prostitution. Ocho cinco getting married to some women who coincidentally has dated other ballerina.. Dwight Howard having manykidsby different women...the listis endless. Even read some of the comments on that thing by some of those girls said that girl made the classic rookie,is take, she should have gotten bags, cash etc,shopping.

That girl has been linked to other people in the industry of entertainment and sports. She then blogged about it too.. Tellme this girl had his best interests at heart? She came with her own interests in mind and McGee didn't go for it just cause she's pretty. He had other things to do than babysit someone he prolly knows doesn't like him for him and more for what he can give her. Then it didn't work out for her. And she complains about how it worked Out to the media. shes a jump off sorry to say. If she was anything more than that he would have treated her differently. Nick young also had these behaviors and from what I hear he's marrying a puerto rican sprinter who's an Olympian. Eventually the smart ballets settle down with legit women after spending some time getting chased down by these groupies trying to et rich off them..

Besides, from the story you can see she wasn't with him shooting in the gym!
closg00
RealGM

Post#831 » by closg00 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 10:26 pm

Yep, Buce hit on all of the major points. Pro athletes in every sport are warned about these groupie hoes yet they partake of the fruit. At-least JaVale was smart-enough to keep it wrapped.

The list is long of: athletes, actors, politicians etc. who have fallen into the classic honey-trap. A few months later the target is being served with paternity papers. Eddie Murphy comes to mind, taken by a B-list celebrity.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#832 » by Nivek » Sun Sep 9, 2012 12:35 am

montestewart wrote:
Nivek wrote:C'mon man. Treating a woman like garbage is not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of poor character and immaturity. There's NOTHING in that story suggesting McGee did anything resembling "smart."

Agreed, but I don't know how to tell how much of that story is true.

I agree -- every comment I made should be have had the "if this story is true..." caveat.

As for Bruce's post, there's a fairly easy way for McGee to avoid entanglements with groupie gold digger types -- don't fly them out to his hotel. Don't spend the night with them. Don't have sex with them multiple times. The point of warning athletes about groupie gold diggers is NOT so that the athlete can treat those women like garbage, but so that they can avoid those women wherever possible. In this case, (assuming the woman's story is true) McGee went out of his way to bring her to him. He should be smarter than that.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

RealGM

Post#833 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Sep 9, 2012 2:16 am

BruceO wrote:McGee just got a contract for is it 40 million? Imagine how well you can live off of that. This is not little money. This is not a secret that there are gold diggers going up and down the country tracking these athletes trying to Be something to them. It's not love of them, it's love for their money. It's subtle prostitution. Ocho cinco getting married to some women who coincidentally has dated other ballerina.. Dwight Howard having manykidsby different women...the listis endless. Even read some of the comments on that thing by some of those girls said that girl made the classic rookie,is take, she should have gotten bags, cash etc,shopping.

That girl has been linked to other people in the industry of entertainment and sports. She then blogged about it too.. Tellme this girl had his best interests at heart? She came with her own interests in mind and McGee didn't go for it just cause she's pretty.
He had other things to do than babysit someone he prolly knows doesn't like him for him and more for what he can give her. Then it didn't work out for her. And she complains about how it worked Out to the media. shes a jump off sorry to say. If she was anything more than that he would have treated her differently. Nick young also had these behaviors and from what I hear he's marrying a puerto rican sprinter who's an Olympian. Eventually the smart ballets settle down with legit women after spending some time getting chased down by these groupies trying to et rich off them..

Besides, from the story you can see she wasn't with him shooting in the gym!

Bruce, I am glad you brought up those comments. My passing thought that I didn't post earlier was Javale didn't give his girl a gift basket on her way out, like Derek Jeter.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... JXpyHoMKSN

I guess in Nick's case perhaps the best a baller can do is to find a woman who's got it going on to the point that you can conceive of her becoming your baby momma. An Olympic athlete is at least physically gifted and driven. If there's a romantic chemistry and her folks are good people who you think raised her well and they project what she might be, that's likely good enough. There has to be power balance along with attraction strong enough for the bond to last. Still, you're probably getting divorced if you're an athlete or celeb.

For what Javale hit and quit that is all that she was from the jump. And she did get jumped and dumped, but I guess he can learn from Derek Jeter. She can learn from the other gold diggers what the going rate is.

It is what it is.
Bye bye Beal.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#834 » by BruceO » Sun Sep 9, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm a pilot by profession and I tell you, most pilots don't want women tok now what they do. We take off our bars and go around incognito. We also try and find out what a girl is like before she knows what we do. We lie and say we in business or something vague and basic. The reason being cause you attract a lot of women who are interested in you simply because of what you can buy them, interested cause of all the trips you can take them on etc.

These women have no qualms using you and they will carry on this charade for their entire life if necessary or until they can divorce you and get half or get kids and get child support.. Why? Cause they are pretty and said they liked you and want this to work. It's emotional manipulation.

Soon you learn who to take seriously and who not to take seriously, of purse you are looking for the ideal person for you and since it takes a while for theaters onto come around, people end up playing the field and indulging themselves. You gotta know who that person is like and. It go by what they tell you. Javale knew what it was. Someone said pamwould have whooped him after reading that. Nah Pam would have whooped him if he brought her home
closg00
RealGM

Post#835 » by closg00 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:16 am

Dominic McGuire signs with Toronto, isn't he Chris SIngleton w/o the occasional 3-pointer? DM has carved-out niche for himself as a solid defender.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#836 » by verbal8 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm

closg00 wrote:Dominic McGuire signs with Toronto, isn't he Chris SIngleton w/o the occasional 3-pointer? DM has carved-out niche for himself as a solid defender.

I do see some similarities. Their rookie years don't look vastly different. The big difference is one guy was drafted in the middle of the 1st round, the other in the middle of the second.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,846

Post#837 » by payitforward » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:18 pm

verbal8 wrote:
closg00 wrote:Dominic McGuire signs with Toronto, isn't he Chris SIngleton w/o the occasional 3-pointer? DM has carved-out niche for himself as a solid defender.

I do see some similarities. Their rookie years don't look vastly different. The big difference is one guy was drafted in the middle of the 1st round, the other in the middle of the second.

I've always liked Dominic as a player. Can't shoot but does everything else well. I think he's better than Chris Singleton. For one thing, he can handle the ball a little bit. And he sees the floor and gives you assists. He was also a better college player than Chris. It was really stupid to let him go.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
closg00
RealGM

Post#838 » by closg00 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 pm

OTOH guys, at a time when Haywood was our only legit center, Marc Gasol was the very next pick. This was the start of Ernie's foreign fetish, but the pick was Pecherov. Time will tell how-good Darius Miller, Kyle O' Quinn and all the others 46 and after picks will be.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#839 » by montestewart » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:59 am

Steve Blake Punctures Left Foot Stepping On Parking Lot Spike Strip

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z27RVAjjI7

Bummer. Freak accident HOF?
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#840 » by hands11 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 am

pay

You think we have enough evidence to really compare those two at the level of saying Dom is better ?

One has been in the league for 5 years. The other was a rookie who didn't even have training camp and only part of one season.

One have absolutely no 3 ball. Dom has made 3 3 balls his entire career.

Chris make 44 his first year shooting .346

Dom 888 pts in 5 years. 40% of these came in his 2nd year with the Wiz
Chris 306 in 66 games

We will see if Chris is going to be a legit player this year. He got pretty much a free ride last year. If he can D up well, he will be a better player by virtue of the fact that he can also hit the 3. A 3 n D player should have a 3 ball.

Dom was kind of fan favorite while he was here. I can remember the first time I saw him with the ball in his hands. He couldn't even dribble he was so scared. He got better and that was fun to watch. But he never got better enough to keep around.

Return to Washington Wizards