Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1181 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:17 am

dandridge 10 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Wasn't Mcgee supposed to break out after getting away from the Wizards? Looks like the only time he gets any national attention is during Shaqtin a Fool.

Yeah, contrary to what some have said on this board, the Wizards haven't had an issue with properly developing players. They have had a problem with picking them to begin with.

It still turned out to be an OK pick at #18. There were better players to be had like Serge Ibaka and Nicolas Batum. And the Wizards did manage to flip him for Nene.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1182 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:23 am

closg00 wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:
tontoz wrote:Wasn't Mcgee supposed to break out after getting away from the Wizards? Looks like the only time he gets any national attention is during Shaqtin a Fool.

Yeah, contrary to what some have said on this board, the Wizards haven't had an issue with properly developing players. They have had a problem with picking them to begin with.

That's right, most of the picks that could have been developed were sold/traded so we will never know. And the draft picks? well..

Weren't a lot of people on this board high on Singleton though? I remember some people were saying that he would turn out to be a better player than Vesely- not sure how I would decide who won that bet.

I wish I could go back in time and see what the other teams draft boards looked if Washington had not taken Vesely or Singleton. A lot of it also had to do with draft positioning. For instance, if Golden State had the #2 pick, they likely would have taken Derrick Williams over Klay Thompson. Or perhaps Golden State was just more inclined to take a shooting guard because they already had smalish guards in Curry and Ellis.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#1183 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Price is lighting it up with the Pacers. But we gave a 2 year guaranteed deal to a bum. :banghead:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1184 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Weren't a lot of people on this board high on Singleton though? I remember some people were saying that he would turn out to be a better player than Vesely- not sure how I would decide who won that bet.

I wish I could go back in time and see what the other teams draft boards looked if Washington had not taken Vesely or Singleton. A lot of it also had to do with draft positioning. For instance, if Golden State had the #2 pick, they likely would have taken Derrick Williams over Klay Thompson. Or perhaps Golden State was just more inclined to take a shooting guard because they already had smalish guards in Curry and Ellis.

I didn't like the Singleton pick. Before the draft i remember reading his profile on DraftExpress. They commented about how bad he was offensively. He struggled to finish inside, even on the fast break. Given his size that was a big red flag for me, not being able to finish at the college level.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#1185 » by Kanyewest » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 am

Lakers are undefeated with Nick Young.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1186 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
closg00 wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:

That's right, most of the picks that could have been developed were sold/traded so we will never know. And the draft picks? well..

Weren't a lot of people on this board high on Singleton though? I remember some people were saying that he would turn out to be a better player than Vesely- not sure how I would decide who won that bet.

The board was fine with Singleton as a pick. And approved of Kevin S as well. Spurs were reported to be interesting in Kevin S so them jumping up to get him was seen as a good move.

Personally, I walked out of that draft going :eek1:

I thought they needed a solid big like Markieff or Vuc and scoring on the wing. Granted, I thought Brooks could helped there and I was dead wrong about him. Brooks has been a bust and is now in Italy I believe. But I would gladly have busted swinging at Brooks with the 18th if I hit on Markieff or Vuc with the #6. Or better yet, a trade down where you got one of them and an extra pick.

Instead they were thinking a running big for Wall and a 3nD to help improve the defense. I thought go future solid more fundamental big and wing scoring to replace NY. At least we got BB the following year. I am happy that happened. But Marieff or Vuc would look nice on this team. If Vuc, there would be no Hammer though and I have enjoyed having him here. But Marieff would fix perfectly.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1187 » by hands11 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Lakers are undefeated with Nick Young.

That team is a good fit for Swaggy P.

He is in LA and they need him to be Swaggy

He must be in heaven.

There was never a doubt the Swag could get buckets. To bad he was such a knucklehead.

At 29, he is signed 3 years at 5.5M with a PO in 2017

Thats good value for him. He could stick around there and be happy. Might even mature enough to be a good player on a good team one day.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1188 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1189 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Dec 1, 2014 12:40 am

AJ Price got claimed by the Cavaliers.

I am happy for him. I have a feeling he's found a home this time. He's probably going to stick like Shelvin Mack has done with Atlanta.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1190 » by hands11 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 12:47 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:AJ Price got claimed by the Cavaliers.

I am happy for him. I have a feeling he's found a home this time. He's probably going to stick like Shelvin Mack has done with Atlanta.

Yeah. CLE might just be a good fit for him.

Now its up to him to secure a spot.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#1191 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Dec 1, 2014 2:04 am

hands11 wrote:

Yeah. CLE might just be a good fit for him.

Now its up to him to secure a spot.

Sure would prefer AJ over Temple
In Rizzo we trust
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#1192 » by montestewart » Mon Dec 1, 2014 2:18 am

I don't follow the Pacers too closely, but looking at his stats, I assume his getting cut was purely a roster traffic jam issue, because he was averaging over 10 ppg in under 20 mpg off the bench, with a .542 TS%, and a PER of 18. He was auditioning for every team with a roster spot. Cleveland might be a good spot for his skills, which seem to have developed a bit. He seems like a nice guy. I hope he keeps it up.
hands11
Banned User

Post#1193 » by hands11 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 4:10 am

montestewart wrote:

I don't follow the Pacers too closely, but looking at his stats, I assume his getting cut was purely a roster traffic jam issue, because he was averaging over 10 ppg in under 20 mpg off the bench, with a .542 TS%, and a PER of 18. He was auditioning for every team with a roster spot. Cleveland might be a good spot for his skills, which seem to have developed a bit. He seems like a nice guy. I hope he keeps it up.

He is 28 now. He should have enough NBA experience to know how to come onto a team and do what a coach wants from him. Hopefully he has a nice 3-4 year run as a role player on good teams.

When he was last here, he was still working on understanding how to run an offense as a PG. I haven't seen his recently to know how that is coming along or if he is just being used as a SG/PG type which he was more suited to do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... 0/aj-price

He is definitely getting up some 3 balls. 5 in 20 minutes is a pretty good clip.

Makes sense for CLE..

Dellavedova (knee) is currently without a timetable for return, the Akron Bacon Journal reports.

and Will Cherry isn't experienced enough. They needed help at back up PG.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,114

Post#1194 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Dec 2, 2014 4:10 pm

After Ariza's red hot start to the season shooting 21/35 from trey (60.0%) in his first 5 games he has shot a paltry 26.2% on 84 attempts in his last 12 games. For the season compared to last season his fg% has dropped by 7 points. I think he'll get hot again, but I wonder how much he misses Wall's easy setups. I will say his free throw percentage has ski rocketed though by almost 10 points.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1195 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Dec 2, 2014 4:55 pm

Dwight Howard is out. Patrick Beverly is out. Terrance Jones is out. Missing three starters quite possibly has factored in to Ariza's production. Dude might be slumping, too, but you cannot evaluate in a vaccuum. Sets have been affected. Defense has been affected. Teams don't game plan against Tariq Black and Joey Dorsey the same as they do Dwight Howard.

Without his PG and his C, you reckon Trevor A is getting many clean looks at the basket?

Could be more to the story....

Let's see how he produces mid-season with healthy teammates.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,114

Post#1196 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Dec 2, 2014 8:48 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Dwight Howard is out. Patrick Beverly is out. Terrance Jones is out. Missing three starters quite possibly has factored in to Ariza's production. Dude might be slumping, too, but you cannot evaluate in a vaccuum. Sets have been affected. Defense has been affected. Teams don't game plan against Tariq Black and Joey Dorsey the same as they do Dwight Howard.

Without his PG and his C, you reckon Trevor A is getting many clean looks at the basket?

Could be more to the story....

Let's see how he produces mid-season with healthy teammates.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app

While I agree it's only a small sample, 84 three point attempts is still 84 three point attempts. If I guy is shooting that many threes in the course of 12 games (7 attempts a game) and making only a quarter of them it has to be a bit concerning. He also started this 12 game slump 6 games before Howard went out with injury were he shot 7/35 from range. Also pertaining to his PG missing Harden is the lead distributor on that team, not Beverly.

I agree maybe its a big ole' slump and not a true indication of anything; in fact I expect his three percentage to probably go back up (I was on the side that thought that his shooting last season was no mirage but progression). It was more of an observation than anything else.
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#1197 » by cdouglas » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:54 pm

I knew Ariza's game flourished as a Wiz and playing alongside a point guard like Wall. Some may think otherwise but I truly believe Wall's point guard abilities has an impact on the team. Rasual Butler is having his best season in his NBA career with a 3P% at 515, playing alongside Wall. Here's an article I thought some might find interesting.
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2014/12/12 ... evor-ariza
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1198 » by tontoz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:20 am

Shelvin Mack murked the Cavs going 6 for 6 from 3.
Hypnotizer
Rookie
And1: 265

Post#1199 » by Hypnotizer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:13 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/553745670343884800[/tweet]
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1200 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Trevor appears to be playing well in his role with Utah.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4754/gamelog/

Return to Washington Wizards