Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#961 » by montestewart » Wed May 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:David Wingate had two women accuse him of drugging and date raping them, but neither resulted in a conviction. He played another 10 years and ended up playing 15 NBA seasons.

Nick Young is innocent until proven guilty. However, the details of the women bleeding sure do damn him in the court of public opinion. Social media being what it is he is already taking a beating worldwide. Nick could lose his shirt in legal fees and if a judgment goes against him. The charges sound like he is responsible and will lose big in court. His legal team is probably going to have to try and attack the character of his accuser and also discredit any date rape drug allegations. They are going to have to say it was consensual. OR that guy better settle because this is a money grab the woman is probably going to win.

No telling how this affects Nick Young's free agency but it sure cannot help.

If she tested positive for the drug she supposedly was given at the time she went to the rape treatment center, coupled with the other physical evidence and the eyewitness testimony of the friend, that starts to look pretty damning. Still, I wonder why this is the first we've heard about it, as if the police were not informed, or maybe they investigated and found the charges weak or baseless. Also wonder about specific date of event, and whether word of it reached Wizards front office and had anything to do with Young being traded.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#962 » by fishercob » Wed May 15, 2013 3:02 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:I never got the Nick Young hate. I always liked the kid both on and off the court....

To quote the Red Hot Chili Peppers, "if you have to ask, you'll never know..."
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#963 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm

montestewart wrote:If she tested positive for the drug she supposedly was given at the time she went to the rape treatment center, coupled with the other physical evidence and the eyewitness testimony of the friend, that starts to look pretty damning. Still, I wonder why this is the first we've heard about it, as if the police were not informed, or maybe they investigated and found the charges weak or baseless. Also wonder about specific date of event, and whether word of it reached Wizards front office and had anything to do with Young being traded.

Kudos to Wizards management if they knew and decided Young had to go. The Clippers probably had no idea. Nick and Javale were not traded until right at the trade deadline in March, 2012. Nothing about this hit newstands until now. I wonder how much of this was known internal to Wizards management back then?

Monte, I have to believe the police were skeptical and whatever physical evidence or witness information was not compelling enough for criminal prosecution. A positive drug test would not prove how the drug entered her system. The one thing that IMO will get a civil liability verdict is if the witness overheard Nick's conversation with the alleged victim about what took place when she was passed out. If that was reported to police in a sworn statement Nick is going down, pardon any unintended pun.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#964 » by closg00 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Don't forget that Jay Glassie in his parting shot at the Wizards organization wrote this:

"he (Grunfeld) came into an offseason meeting this year and declared they had to give Nick Young a full mid-level exception, to the bewilderment of his staff."

Ernie has 9 lives.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#965 » by GhostsOfGil » Fri May 24, 2013 7:01 pm

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#966 » by fishercob » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 pm

"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
gimmick413
Senior
And1: 0
Location: ST21- Warrior Father Friend Redskin .. you will *NEVER* be forgotten and will be eternally missed

Post#967 » by gimmick413 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Brutha can't catch a break. Truly sad. Just when you think he can't sink any lower, Agent 0 gives us more nuggets to shake our head at. He just doesn't learn.
Collamore
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#968 » by Collamore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 pm

gimmick413 wrote:Brutha can't catch a break. Truly sad. Just when you think he can't sink any lower, Agent 0 gives us more nuggets to shake our head at. He just doesn't learn.

It's not about him not being able to catch a break. It's about him being irresponsible and stupid. Buying illegal fireworks, loading them so that they are very visible in his truck, and then speeding is just stupid.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#969 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 pm

closg00 wrote:Don't forget that Jay Glassie in his parting shot at the Wizards organization wrote this:

"he (Grunfeld) came into an offseason meeting this year and declared they had to give Nick Young a full mid-level exception, to the bewilderment of his staff."

Ernie has 9 lives.

Jay Glassie might be the biggest reason EG is still here, imo. He was so outspoken about the need to fire EG, and he got under Ted's skin to the point that I think Ted kept EG almost to spite Jay and others who were similarly outspoken.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#970 » by sashae » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Collamore wrote:Buying illegal fireworks, loading them so that they are very visible in his truck, and then speeding is just stupid.

...without a license.

:facepalm:
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
gimmick413
Senior
And1: 0
Location: ST21- Warrior Father Friend Redskin .. you will *NEVER* be forgotten and will be eternally missed

Post#971 » by gimmick413 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Collamore wrote:
gimmick413 wrote:Brutha can't catch a break. Truly sad. Just when you think he can't sink any lower, Agent 0 gives us more nuggets to shake our head at. He just doesn't learn.

It's not about him not being able to catch a break. It's about him being irresponsible and stupid. Buying illegal fireworks, loading them so that they are very visible in his truck, and then speeding is just stupid.

I agree with you about Gil being irresponsible and stupid. Absolutely. No doubt about it.

But by my statement, I was just saddened that he can't seem to catch a break IN LIFE. It's been a series of bad life decisions that have hastened his fall from grace. Even now that he's out of the league, he's still committing knucklehead decisions that continue to embarrass/ridicule/dishonor himself, his family, and his name.

This is deeply disappointing to me because he used to be my favorite Wizards player.
Gilfanatic123
Freshman
And1: 1

What do you think of Nick Young to the Lakers? 

Post#972 » by Gilfanatic123 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Another former Wizards player is going to the Lakers. I think as a first option Nick Young is terrible but behind Kobe he could be really beneficial to the Lakers. The Lakers will have 3 players they can depend on for shooting now -- Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Nick Young. I think that could be a really formidable back court. What do you think?
To do list
==========
1. Fire Ernie Grunfield
2. Get a GM who doesn't screw the fans all the time
3. Beat the Cavaliers in the playoffs
4. Get the no.1 draft pick
5. Get John Wall
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: What do you think of Nick Young to the Lakers? 

Post#973 » by dangermouse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:59 pm

....front court?

sorry but im laughing so hard at that
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#974 » by payitforward » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:45 pm

dangermouse wrote:....front court?

Really.... I can't believe there is still a single person who believes Nick Young can be a productive basketball player. He just signed for the veteran minimum. He'll be doing well to justify that salary and earn a vet/min deal again next year.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Gilfanatic123
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#975 » by Gilfanatic123 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:51 pm

dangermouse wrote:....front court?

XFD I can't believe I didn't catch that before. But yes, no, I don't think Nick Young is an effective basketball player but his chucking will help keep Kobe from chucking the ball more. That's why I think he could be a good fit for them.
To do list
==========
1. Fire Ernie Grunfield
2. Get a GM who doesn't screw the fans all the time
3. Beat the Cavaliers in the playoffs
4. Get the no.1 draft pick
5. Get John Wall
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#976 » by nate33 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:33 pm

It's a good signing. Nick Young is a limited player, but if you put him in the right role where he is comfortable, he can help a team. You just have to put him in a role where he doesn't have to make decisions.

Nick definitely belongs in this league. The question with Nick is whether or not he is worth an MLE-sized salary. Signing him to a vet minimum contract is a no-brainer.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#977 » by deneem4 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Couldve been the perfect pickup for the bulls
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#978 » by pancakes3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:07 pm

I think he's a type of player that would benefit massively from playing next to Nash. In the games where he'll be filling in for Kobe, he'll look really freaking good. Once Kobe gets back into the mix, takes the ball out of Nash's hand, you'll see Nick and the Lakers in general fall back to earth.

It'd be interesting if they can play Kobe at the SF spot concurrently with Young. Nick is good enough of a spot up shooter that if Kobe gets low, they can play a very interesting version of the triangle with Kobe, N1, and Nash. It'd be a more efficient pairing than Kobe, Gasol, Nash because Kobe's not as good a spot up shooter as NIck - plus we saw how efficient Kobe can be when he plays down low.
Bullets -> Wizards
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#979 » by verbal8 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:10 pm

nate33 wrote:It's a good signing. Nick Young is a limited player, but if you put him in the right role where he is comfortable, he can help a team. You just have to put him in a role where he doesn't have to make decisions.

Nick definitely belongs in this league. The question with Nick is whether or not he is worth an MLE-sized salary. Signing him to a vet minimum contract is a no-brainer.

I think his true value is probably somewhere between the BAE and MLE, but there are probably more players in that range of productivity than there are exceptions to use on them. One good thing about the Lakers for Nick Young is they have a lot of salary flexibility going forward to keep him if it works out.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#980 » by FreeBalling » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Good for Nick. I was not sure if a team would pick him up. However, I do not miss his fade-away-jumper.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html

Return to Washington Wizards