ImageImageImageImageImage

Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, WizStorm, pineappleheadindc, miller31time

User avatar
Dat2U
RealGM
Posts: 17,349
And1: 1,433
Joined: Jun 23, 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
       

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#856 » by Dat2U » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:02 pm

If anyone actually thinks Koufos is actually going to play more minutes than Javale then your kidding yourselves. My guess is Karl probably thinks Javale plays better coming off the bench (I do too). I fully expect Javale to get the bulk of time at center.
Sig bet w/ ibraheim718 - I guarantee less than 20 wins for Lakers this year
verbal8
Head Coach
Posts: 6,081
And1: 160
Joined: Jul 20, 2006
Location: Reston, VA
     

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#857 » by verbal8 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Dat2U wrote:If anyone actually thinks Koufos is actually going to play more minutes than Javale then your kidding yourselves. My guess is Karl probably thinks Javale plays better coming off the bench (I do too). I fully expect Javale to get the bulk of time at center.


Last season Timofey Mozgov started 35 games for the Nuggets, yet only averaged 15.6 MPG. I think Koufos will likely play a similar role this season.
pcbothwel
Senior
Posts: 573
And1: 84
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
       

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#858 » by pcbothwel » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 pm

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/10/26/355 ... icks-bench

Ole Dray can't catch a break huh...haha
User avatar
keynote
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,950
And1: 470
Joined: May 20, 2002
Location: Harlem
         

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#859 » by keynote » Fri Nov 9, 2012 1:21 am

Grantland went in on Swaggy P.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... to-kill-me

On November 4, in New York, the Sixers lost to the Knicks, 100-84. Nick Young played 32 minutes, scored five points on 2-10 shooting, and had a plus/minus of -29. Minus. Twenty-nine. That’s when it hit me: This is happening. Nick Young isn’t on Twitter or in photos or video lowlights. He’s on the Sixers. He’s a Sixer. He is part of my life now, and like a ghost that haunts your apartment, you need to make peace with these things. So, I decided to live-blog the Sixers game against New Orleans last night. I fully anticipate this to read like a Sullivan Ballou letter from Ken Burns’s The Civil War. Spoiler: That guy dies. Cue up “Ashokan Farewell.” Let’s go.


I enjoyed reading the comments from beleaguered Wizards fans (is there any other kind?), expressing their schadenfreude that Nick Young is now Somebody Else's Problem.
“Some nights you just don’t make shots,” Wittman lamented.
fugop
Veteran
Posts: 2,744
And1: 9
Joined: Aug 09, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#860 » by fugop » Fri Nov 9, 2012 11:24 am

User avatar
Nivek
Head Coach
Posts: 7,406
And1: 956
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Contact:
         

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#861 » by Nivek » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:12 pm

keynote wrote:Grantland went in on Swaggy P.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... to-kill-me

On November 4, in New York, the Sixers lost to the Knicks, 100-84. Nick Young played 32 minutes, scored five points on 2-10 shooting, and had a plus/minus of -29. Minus. Twenty-nine. That’s when it hit me: This is happening. Nick Young isn’t on Twitter or in photos or video lowlights. He’s on the Sixers. He’s a Sixer. He is part of my life now, and like a ghost that haunts your apartment, you need to make peace with these things. So, I decided to live-blog the Sixers game against New Orleans last night. I fully anticipate this to read like a Sullivan Ballou letter from Ken Burns’s The Civil War. Spoiler: That guy dies. Cue up “Ashokan Farewell.” Let’s go.


I enjoyed reading the comments from beleaguered Wizards fans (is there any other kind?), expressing their schadenfreude that Nick Young is now Somebody Else's Problem.


Got into a Twitter argument with a guy about Young. He seems to think Young will be just fine and that he's a good replacement for Lou Williams, who they let leave. I was about to post some variation on "he'll have to learn the hard way," but then I had the quick thought of how fans typically evaluate players, and this guy will probably end up arguing the Sixers just needed to give Young more playing time.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 14,176
And1: 879
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#862 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:23 pm

Nick is shooting 24.4% from the field. Wow
User avatar
Induveca
Head Coach
Posts: 6,094
And1: 189
Joined: Dec 02, 2004
   

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#863 » by Induveca » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 am

With 2 minutes left in 3rd vs Kings, Blatche has 20 points on 10/10 shooting.......he looks pretty damn good. Seemingly able to jump again and quick enough to get around his man. Looks very much in decent shape.
llcc25
Senior
Posts: 524
And1: 1
Joined: Feb 13, 2002

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#864 » by llcc25 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 am

Induveca wrote:With 2 minutes left in 3rd vs Kings, Blatche has 20 points on 10/10 shooting.......he looks pretty damn good. Seemingly able to jump again and quick enough to get around his man. Looks very much in decent shape.

i actualy posted the same thing on another thread. makes me wonder if Wiz didn't everything possible to help Blatche b/c he clearly as talent.
User avatar
Illuminaire
Starter
Posts: 2,435
And1: 101
Joined: Jan 04, 2010

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#865 » by Illuminaire » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 am

Totally. One good game from Blatche definitely makes me question whether his long track record of poor work ethic, bad conditioning, immature behavior, and inefficient basketball was somehow really the team's fault.




(Do I need green font? People can figure out that this should be green, right? >.>)
payitforward
Analyst
Posts: 3,500
And1: 536
Joined: May 02, 2012

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#866 » by payitforward » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 am

llcc25 wrote:
Induveca wrote:With 2 minutes left in 3rd vs Kings, Blatche has 20 points on 10/10 shooting.......he looks pretty damn good. Seemingly able to jump again and quick enough to get around his man. Looks very much in decent shape.

i actualy posted the same thing on another thread. makes me wonder if Wiz didn't everything possible to help Blatche b/c he clearly as talent.

Dray has exceeded expectations so far this year. Are you really sure that the picture will be the same after 80 games as it is after 8?
People say I'm mellowing with age. Nah.

It is still not possible to formulate a counter-argument -- even if I say... Is so!
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,771
And1: 168
Joined: Sep 06, 2010
Location: PG County, MD
   

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#867 » by DMVleGeND » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

I'm as big of a Dray fan as anyone, but I haven't been particularly impressed with him this yr so far. I didn't watch tonight's game, but I imagine that the reason why he was so efficient was because he was acting as a finisher. In the games I've seen where he's tried to create his own shot, he still looks slow and unable too, and his team defense is still weak. It goes much deeper than the stats with him.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,940
And1: 360
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#868 » by closg00 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 am

llcc25 wrote:
Induveca wrote:With 2 minutes left in 3rd vs Kings, Blatche has 20 points on 10/10 shooting.......he looks pretty damn good. Seemingly able to jump again and quick enough to get around his man. Looks very much in decent shape.

i actualy posted the same thing on another thread. makes me wonder if Wiz didn't everything possible to help Blatche b/c he clearly as talent.


Nick and Dray both had good games tonight.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
User avatar
Nivek
Head Coach
Posts: 7,406
And1: 956
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Contact:
         

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#869 » by Nivek » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Young still rates below replacement level in my system. His shooting has been not-good and he does nothing else.

Blatche rates solidly above average through 8 games (140 in my system, where 100 = average and higher is better). Much of that is actually on the strength of improved rebounding. His offensive efficiency still isn't all that great -- even with an 11-12 game in the books. Still, what he's done for Brooklyn in 8 games is better than what he gave the Wizards the past few seasons. He's always had ability -- the question with him was whether he'd ever get in shape and make better decisions on the floor. We'll see.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
User avatar
TGW
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,489
And1: 948
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#870 » by TGW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Before last night's game, Blatche was shooting 36% from the field. I'm not so sure he's "better"—we're so early in the year, one outlier can still drastically affect one's stats.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,771
And1: 168
Joined: Sep 06, 2010
Location: PG County, MD
   

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#871 » by DMVleGeND » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Gilbert Arenas has officially joined the Shanghai Sharks of China (the team Yao Ming owns).





He was originally supposed to sign w/ Guandong, but the deal fell apart and they elected to go with Terrence Williams instead.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
User avatar
Illuminaire
Starter
Posts: 2,435
And1: 101
Joined: Jan 04, 2010

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#872 » by Illuminaire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I find this depressing.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 15,940
And1: 360
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#873 » by closg00 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 9:22 pm

Sean (Denver)

Why isn't Javale getting more minutes? Can't defend alongside Faried?

John Hollinger (3:40 PM)

Lots of people in Denver wondering the same thing, as he's played very well in his minutes and the Nuggies can use his offense. The asthma is an issue, obviously, which will probably limit him to 24-28 min -- especially at that altitude. But I'd like to see him play more.
Guys on a message board could do a better job managing the Wizards than Ernie Grunfeld.
Upper Decker
Rookie
Posts: 1,104
And1: 110
Joined: Apr 05, 2012

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#874 » by Upper Decker » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:16 am

Amazing nights by our 2011-2012 starting front court:

Blatche 8-13, 22 pts, 15 rbs, 4 stls, 2 asts
McGee 9-9, 20 pts, 8 rbs

I'm just so glad Ernie and Ted created a superb environment to develop these guys. If I was Wall I'd sign the QO and bolt the first chance I get. He'll be 1st team all-NBA outside of Washington, but hey, at least we have our boy named Jan to pick up the slack. Thanks Ernie!
User avatar
dangermouse
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,279
And1: 238
Joined: Dec 08, 2009

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#875 » by dangermouse » Sat Dec 8, 2012 12:19 pm

He should totally be starting. But at PG.

Image
pineappleheadindc wrote:Q: What is Nene girlfriend's name?

A: Noah.

Return to Washington Wizards