Re: How do the Wiz stack up in the south? PT1 Magic vs Wiz 

Post#201 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 7, 2009 12:32 am

Here's there lineup through the first 10 games

PG- Nelson/Johnson
SG- Carter/Pietrus/Reddick
SF- Pietrus/Barnes
PF- Gortat/Anderson/Barnes
C- Howard/Gortat/Foyle

Looking at their schedule, Orlando could conceivably get off to a hot start in their fist 10 games anyways; something like 7-3 and 8-2 isn't out of the realm of possibility for them.

Phi
@NJ
@Tor
@Det
Pho
Det
@OKC
@Char
Cle
NJ
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#202 » by LyricalRico » Fri Aug 7, 2009 1:11 am

^ Actually, Bass will likely be the starting PF.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#203 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 7, 2009 1:18 am

LyricalRico wrote:^ Actually, Bass will likely be the starting PF.

Whoops, forgot about him. They are deep.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#204 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Aug 7, 2009 3:55 am

Kanyewest wrote:Here's there lineup through the first 10 games

PG- Nelson/Johnson
SG- Carter/Pietrus/Reddick
SF- Pietrus/Barnes
PF- Gortat/Anderson/Barnes
C- Howard/Gortat/Foyle

Looking at their schedule, Orlando could conceivably get off to a hot start in their fist 10 games anyways; something like 7-3 and 8-2 isn't out of the realm of possibility for them.

Phi
@NJ
@Tor
@Det
Pho
Det
@OKC
@Char
Cle
NJ

I think they'll lose at Toronto, at Charlotte, and at either Detroit or OKC (my sleeper team). I believe they'll probably lose to Cleveland and they might have a tough time with Phoenix. Orlando could easily go 6-4 or 5-5 if the suspension holds.

SVG early on will get to play Bass, Anderson, and Gortat additional minutes, and it's going to make them call on Vince Carter early. He won't have any need to defer to fit in with Lewis not on the court.

Will Carter press and fold early on or will he come through?

How will Lewis integrate back with the team as a leader and will this affect his whole season? Next to Howard, he had an overwhelmingly positive effect when he was on the court. Now, without Turkoglu and with new teammates, the worst thing is that he'll not be playing to start the season.
Bye bye Beal.
GilArenas88
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#205 » by GilArenas88 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:55 am

The Magic have got much more deeper this offseason with the additions of Bass, Barnes, etc. But remember Lewis makes them a hard team to match up because of his ability to draw 4's to the perimeter. With him gone that takes out a major match up advantage for them. So maybe the record predictions are a little too fair IMO for them at this point. Hey, but maybe Vince makes up for that, which he is quite capable off still, in stretches. Vince IMO is better, even still, then Turk, so he is a wild card.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#206 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 7, 2009 5:48 am

The Magic can also play Ryan Anderson at the 4 who is capable of knocking in the long ball. He struggled shooting from the field last season because of a shoulder injury but he can knock down the 3 as well if he's healthy.
REDardWIZskin
Senior
And1: 2

Post#207 » by REDardWIZskin » Fri Aug 7, 2009 1:44 pm

I don't think missing Lewis will have a huge impact on those first ten games there's been so much movement this off season that identities will have to be established for everyone which could take quite a few games depending on the team. I'm not one to wish bad luck on players but VC for what i can remember has had problems staying healthy and things like that tend to get worse as you get older. Just a thought
Sit back and watch WALL WORK!! >:-)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#208 » by nate33 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 3:10 pm

Why are we spending so much time analyzing the Magic? They're going to be real good and they're going to finish in the Top 3 in the East barring a major injury to Howard. End of discussion.

The only thing I care about is how we match up with them head-to-head. Chances are, we're going to face them in the playoffs sooner or later, and they'll have home court advantage. Can we beat them?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#209 » by closg00 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 3:56 pm

nate33 wrote:Why are we spending so much time analyzing the Magic? They're going to be real good and they're going to finish in the Top 3 in the East barring a major injury to Howard. End of discussion.

The only thing I care about is how we match up with them head-to-head. Chances are, we're going to face them in the playoffs sooner or later, and they'll have home court advantage. Can we beat them?

:nod: Lock it up and lets move-on, we haven't even done the Boston match-up yet.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#210 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Aug 7, 2009 6:41 pm

nate33 wrote:Why are we spending so much time analyzing the Magic? They're going to be real good and they're going to finish in the Top 3 in the East barring a major injury to Howard. End of discussion.

Since you're wanting to get to the point: Yes.

The Wizards will have a pretty good chance beating them by the playoffs if the season goes the way I believe it will. Jamison and Butler, plus Blatche, McGee, and Oberto will be able to outplay Howard and extras. Lewis' start to the season is a bad omen for them. Turkoglu could come back to haunt the Magic, even in the playoffs, which Toronto WILL make. (Wizards/Raptors could be the 4/5 matchup IMO--a tough matchup, too).

Right now, Boston's the team I don't see Washington getting past. The Celtics could be better than ever if Garnett's healthy and Sheed focused.

In the playoffs can't see Washington beating Cleveland, either, if Shaq's not "the Big Disruptive Influence" for them. I don't like Washington's inability to do anything with James or Shaq.
Bye bye Beal.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#211 » by Kanyewest » Fri Aug 7, 2009 6:43 pm

In order to determine if you can beat them, you have to determine how good they are. It's not rocket science.

Return to Washington Wizards