ImageImageImageImageImage

Ticket Plans and Season Tickets

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: Ticket Plans and Season Tickets 

Post#61 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Any of you guys got tickets to the Denver game on Friday that you're looking to sell? Me and a buddy are coming down to DC for a few days and want to catch this game.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#62 » by dobrojim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm

I might be but I've already got someone here at work interested
in that game. If that falls through, I post something on here for it.

Since DEN is more like a 'marquee' team, and it being a Fri night game,
I was going to revert to my usual asking price of $90 for the pair which
is WAY below face ($75 each).
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#63 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Ok let me know, I've contacted some people on craigslist as well so if I can't work out anything with them, I'll definitely be interested in yours.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#64 » by dobrojim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Wiz2Lotto,

edit - changed mind with the MIN win and seeing 7DD/McGee.

I want to see how well/poorly they do against a real team.

my tix are NOT for sale, at least not for what I originally offered them for

:)

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#65 » by dobrojim » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm

I have ONE extra tix for tonight (MEM).

will consider very minimal offers - face is $75, I'll take MUCH less.

warning - I'll be sitting next to you

BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#66 » by BigA » Fri Mar 5, 2010 9:24 pm

I have an extra coupon for 2 free tickets to the game tonight (3/5 vs. Bucks) that I'm giving away if anyone wants to come to the game.
Munson79rip
Senior
And1: 5

Post#67 » by Munson79rip » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 pm

With 2010-2011 season ticket deposits due by April 2nd, I was curious of the season tickets holders on the board who was 1) Planning on renewing 2) Planning on NOT renewing or 3) are on the Fence

Personally, based on the way the roster was blown-up with payroll costs slashed, product on the floor, ownership/leadership in flux & unknown, and with the Wizards keeping costs to ticketholders constant.....I'm on the fence.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#68 » by dobrojim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:05 pm

on the fence -

I was in 107 row P this year which should have bumped
me up one level on the price I paid but they let me
have my same tix as year before (AllStar plan) for
the lower price.

Now they found a note in my acct file that says I
was told this would only be for one year and they
won't let me re-new for the lower price that I would
pay if I was ONE row behind where I am (same row
as Bulletproof).

Right now it's appears to be a game of chicken -
who will cave first - Not sure what I'll do. Being
a planholder did have certain advantages but
also dictates a lot about your life between Nov
and April.

BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#69 » by BigA » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:20 pm

I was part of a group that had four 20 game plans for a couple years in 109, and this year we downgraded to four All-Star plans in Section 120.

I still have to hear back from the other people, but I don't think they're going to want to renew. We might cut back to a pair of All-Star plans. At worst, I'll get an All-Star plan for myself.
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#70 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I ended up renewing for the full season in my same seats.

I've only been to 15 games this year so I was initially planning on downgrading to a All Star package for next season. But a friend of mine who bought some tickets off me this past season, offered to split tickets with me next year (he liked the idea of getting the tickets for a discount and is pretty confident he can sell some to co-workers for games he can't attend). I've also had pretty good success selling tickets for a per game profit this past season to my girlfriend's coworkers and figure I'll be able to do the same next year for games I can't attend.

So, I'll get to retain my planholder status, minimize the amount of cash I have to invest upfront, and still end up going to 12-15 games or so next season at a significantly reduced rate.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#71 » by LyricalRico » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm

I might get a plan next year. I've never had one before but I've finally got some extra cash and I'm interested in seeing how this rebuild goes. How many games are typically in an All-Star plan?
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm pretty sure the All Star package is 14 games (13 games, plus 1 "free" game is how they market it).

I believe the cheapest package is $50 per seat (more than likely the sections behind the basket/ in the corners of the lower bowl).

If you can find some other sucker to go in with you, you might be better off getting the $31 (per seat) full plan (that's the one that I have). It balances out to be the about the same investment as the All Star package but you get more games and the added perks that come with being a full plan holder.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#73 » by LyricalRico » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 pm

bulletproof_32 wrote:I'm pretty sure the All Star package is 14 games (13 games, plus 1 "free" game is how they market it).

I believe the cheapest package is $50 per seat (more than likely the sections behind the basket/ in the corners of the lower bowl).

If you can find some other sucker to go in with you, you might be better off getting the $31 (per seat) full plan (that's the one that I have). It balances out to be the about the same investment as the All Star package but you get more games and the added perks that come with being a full plan holder.

Hmmm, that might not be a bad idea. Where would the $31 seats be?
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 pm

They're the 4 sections behind the baskets (sections 105-106 and 116-117) and select rows in the 4 corner sections (104, 107, 115, 118).

I've got two aisle seats in 107 (row Q - directly above the Exit tunnel) which is basically as close to the center you go for the $31 seats.

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/washington_wizards/

Edit to add: jim - if you hover over our section in the link above it says that Row P qualifies for the $31 tickets (which wasn't the case this past season as Q was definitely the cutoff). You should mention that to your rep.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#75 » by LyricalRico » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:31 pm

^ I don't mind those. I've gotten those before for single games, and paid more than $31. A lot more. Thanks for the info.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#76 » by Rafael122 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:07 am

And to think I almost jumped on buying a season ticket plan for this season. Or maybe it was last year. Either way, I probably would be on meds right now.

I am interested though, depending on how the offseason plays out. There's just no way I'm gonna put in good money for tickets if we keep the same product on the court. For that I'll get Caps season tickets.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#77 » by dobrojim » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 am

thanks for that BP

I think I may let things stew for at least a few days
to see what happens if anything from their end.

dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#78 » by dandridge 10 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Munson79rip wrote:With 2010-2011 season ticket deposits due by April 2nd, I was curious of the season tickets holders on the board who was 1) Planning on renewing 2) Planning on NOT renewing or 3) are on the Fence

Personally, based on the way the roster was blown-up with payroll costs slashed, product on the floor, ownership/leadership in flux & unknown, and with the Wizards keeping costs to ticketholders constant.....I'm on the fence.

I'm on the fence as well. I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years in the middle section of the lower bowl and I thought I would never give up my tickets. However, I am not sure I want to pay $10,000 to watch this team play next year, especially since I think I am going to have a hard to selling some of my games off like past years. My ticket agent is trying to find someone who is not willing to renew their season tickets and would like to buy tickets from me. If she can't find anyone, I might just skip next year and jump back in if/when it looks like we might be decent again.
Munson79rip
Senior
And1: 5

Post#79 » by Munson79rip » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:31 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:
Munson79rip wrote:With 2010-2011 season ticket deposits due by April 2nd, I was curious of the season tickets holders on the board who was 1) Planning on renewing 2) Planning on NOT renewing or 3) are on the Fence

I'm on the fence as well. I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years in the middle section of the lower bowl and I thought I would never give up my tickets. However, I am not sure I want to pay $10,000 to watch this team play next year, especially since I think I am going to have a hard to selling some of my games off like past years. My ticket agent is trying to find someone who is not willing to renew their season tickets and would like to buy tickets from me. If she can't find anyone, I might just skip next year and jump back in if/when it looks like we might be decent again.

I hear you bro, outside of the Lakers, Cavs, and the Celtics on a weekend it will be tough and right now impossible to recoup the price paid for the tickets.

This facade on what the Wizards are doing right now is also very irratating. I'm surprised that they say, though I'm not sure I believe that if you don't pay by April 2nd, you could lose your current seats for next year.

Click the link below, and someone tell me if you really think that many people have already renewed their season tickets? That barrel must be loaded with every season ticket holder from the past 30 years, totally staged.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/tickets/rene ... nners.html
Sloanfeld
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#80 » by Sloanfeld » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:54 am

I'm thinking of going to the Jazz/Wizards game on Saturday. I don't have a ticket yet but if I don't get one before hand should I be able to get one right at the box office? According to ESPN the Wizards are only averaging about 81.2% capacity, but this is a Saturday night. I see there is a promotion there if you bring a losing lottery ticket you get a ticket for $6. I don't care where I sit but I just want to know if this seems ok. I'm driving down from PA which is about 3.5 hours and a 45 minute or so ride on the metro, it may seem a little crazy so I want to be sure.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/news/mock_pr ... 02_09.html

Of course if anyone has a ticket to sell to me please let me know. I'll probably need two but I'm not sure if I'm going alone or not.

Return to Washington Wizards