ImageImageImageImageImage

The New Guys Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: The New Guys Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:06 am

Mike is a beast. We would have won the game with him instead of DeBrick.
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Zerocious » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:13 am

fishercob wrote:We need a name for Fab-O's signature move -- the one where in lieu of a handoff, he drops the ball backwards between his legs, thereby simultaneously screening the defender of the pass's recipient.

Anyone?

i thought his signature move was to be the first to pick up a foul?
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by Zerocious » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:14 am

fishercob wrote:We need a name for Fab-O's signature move -- the one where in lieu of a handoff, he drops the ball backwards between his legs, thereby simultaneously screening the defender of the pass's recipient.

Anyone?

i thought his signature move was to be the first to pick up a foul?
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Post#24 » by pancakes3 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:43 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Mike is a beast. We would have won the game with him instead of DeBrick.

i liked that whenever you saw him on defense he was talking. communication is SO underrated for good defense. i like that he can go behind the back without turning his head to look for it UNLIKE ANDRAY BLATCHE. i think a good 60% of blatche's career TO's come from him trying to go behind the back and getting picked by a speedy guard. i also like the fact that he chases down boards. the heart, the hustle, and the 3 point stroke is just icing.
Bullets -> Wizards
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#25 » by DaRealHibachi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 am

But Miller said the team's inability to consistently buy into the program is starting to get a little old. "At some point we have to stop using that as an excuse," said Miller, who scored 20 points after missing the previous three games with a sprained left shoulder. "That's where the line is: when is that excuse going to be out the door? I think it's going to be pretty quickly."

Gotta love (t)his attitude and overall hustle and toughness... EG better resign him when the season comes to an end...

EDIT: Forgot the link...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... -will.html
:beer: Magnumt
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#26 » by MJG » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:
But Miller said the team's inability to consistently buy into the program is starting to get a little old. "At some point we have to stop using that as an excuse," said Miller, who scored 20 points after missing the previous three games with a sprained left shoulder. "That's where the line is: when is that excuse going to be out the door? I think it's going to be pretty quickly."

Gotta love (t)his attitude and overall hustle and toughness... EG better resign him when the season comes to an end...

Seriously. He's played what, a half dozen games, and I already would be happy to have him retire a Wizard.
dnk
Sophomore

Post#27 » by dnk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 pm

MJG wrote:
DaRealHibachi wrote:

Seriously. He's played what, a half dozen games, and I already would be happy to have him retire a Wizard.

Me too, he's been fantastic. How much do you all think it'd cost to resign him next summer?

And I can't wait to see Oberto playing again, because with Jamison back, that means we'd only have to play him out when he's not going to be a defensive liability because of his slowness and he can be free to play the smart basketball he does.

Return to Washington Wizards