And1: 6,194

Wiz vs Raps Full Game 

Post#1 » by dlts20 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:21 am

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: Wiz vs Raps Full Game 

Post#2 » by dlts20 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:26 am

I only watched the 3rd quarter since that was our best and that was the quarter that Gil played the best. Things that stuck out to me:

1- Gil looked very good and had the eye of the tiger from the midway on. He's nearly impossible to stop from getting in the lane, his J is still very fluid, and his vision is crazy right now. The vision thing is the best because you can tell that all our guys run super hard on O because they think Gil will find them.

2- Foye looked awesome next to Gil. I said in another thread that I think people are overreacting to Foye & the PG thing. He's only going to play 10-12mpg there and then Gil will be playing the rest. I also think Foye will look way better in those 10-12min then he does now because he wont be playing with all young guys like he often is now. Right now he's often playing with McGee, Dom, NY, and Blatche. When the real games start he will be playing probably with a Blatche, Miller, and 2 of the big 4 most likely. After those 10-12min, he will then switch to the 2 when Gil comes back in and I think they are a sick dynamic duo. I loved the way they fed off eachother.

3- Oberto's D on Bosh was awesome. I think he's going to be a helpful matchup for us this year against some guys who have always killed us in the past, Bosh included.

4- The #1 thing that stuck out the most to me was Gil again but this time it was on D. Everyone keeps talking about the new Gil and how its great but it still wont help him on D. Ive always said that not only was Gil bad on D but he was the worst of the worst for the simple fact that he didnt even try. You can get away with someone being bad but Gil usually didnt even care and routinely put the team in a bad spot. Now that seems to have changed, atleast from the quarter that I saw. He stayed low in the stance, rotated extremely well, and most of all he seemed to genuinely care & take pride in stopping his man. He was focused and on him. Ive never seen that from Gil. I didnt even see that in crunch time of the playoffs let alone a Preseason game. I think that bodes well for the future. If he just tries hard like that then we can be solid on D with Wood back and when these guys learn the system
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#3 » by truwizfan4evr » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 am

is there a site that show wizards game can someone give me a link?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,167

Post#4 » by og15 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm

When Foye is playing "PG", Mike Miller should always be on the court with him and be in charge of running the offense. Minnesota actually had Mike Miller running the offense over Foye for most of the later part of the season last year.
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#5 » by rl25g » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:19 pm

did the video not work for anyone else?
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:39 pm

The video worked for me.

I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with the league pass: Broadband? I'm looking into the international option on that as $90 for the whole season is not a bad deal at all. In fact I have been harping for this kind of thing for a while and just now realized the service was available.

In trying the demo though, I found that I was unable to 'get ahead in the stream' if you know what I mean. That is, if I pressed pause and waited, it didn't seem to (noticeably) download and or stream the thing ahead so as to improve performance. I still got stuck buffering about every thirty seconds or so.

Ok, I am lacking good technical terminology in the above description, but I was wondering if others have this experience with the actual service or whether that is just some kind of demo fluke. Anyone? I will say that the picture quality was pretty darn good and it would sure be nice to pony up for a legal stream if they do it right.

Thanks,
Clay
Ironpanthr
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#7 » by Ironpanthr » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:00 pm

rl25g wrote:did the video not work for anyone else?

It worked for me for about 5 minutes, then it inexplicably told me that I had been watching for 72 minutes and I had to wait 54 minutes in order to keep watching. To which I said, boo!

Return to Washington Wizards