ImageImageImageImageImage

Jamison to miss 3 to 5 weeks

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Re: *EDIT* Jamison has subluxation, will miss preseason 

Post#41 » by tranjSAIC » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Guys who get this type of injury will generally get surgery because while you can rehab it, if you don't fix it you will most likely get it again. My should is jacked up, it's been popped in and out so many times that now when it happens it hurts like hell but doesn't keep me from playing sports within a week.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#42 » by dlts20 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:35 pm

On the insider it said Wood should come back Monday and that AJ is progressing well:

Jamison returned to practice on Saturday but was limited to light running on the treadmill and riding the stationary bicycle. He will be examined again next week, but Saunders said "the shoulder is progressing a lot in the last couple of days. He said he isn't feeling much pain in it. That's a good thing, too."

Haywood said Jamison is an invaluable piece to the Wizards. "There is no one on our team that does what he does. He's a guy who gets 20 and 10 inside and stretches the court to the three-point line and that creates spacing for guys like me, Gil [Arenas] and Caron [Butler]. I wish him back. I wish him a speedy recovery."
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#43 » by Hoopalotta » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Woopy-woo-woo!

That is some beautiful news right there. If it was dodgy I doubt they would allow him even at the light running.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#44 » by Ji » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:45 pm

cant blame me for this one..i havent posted since the draft.

With that being said

IM BACK!
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,345

Post#45 » by Kanyewest » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Ji wrote:cant blame me for this one..i havent posted since the draft.

With that being said

IM BACK!

We can still blame you if the injury gets worse.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#46 » by dlts20 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:20 pm

A little more good AJ news:

Antawn Jamison was talking to some of his teammates after practice on Sunday and did something that should serve as a positive sign: He lifted his right arm and starting pointing backward with his thumb. It was a pretty impressive sight for anyone who saw Jamison leaving the court with his right arm hanging only a few days before.

Jamison remains out for the rest of the preseason after suffering a shoulder subluxation last Wednesday but he will travel with the team to Atlanta and Philadelphia. He will be evaluated again later this week, but Coach Flip Saunders said Jamison has made a lot of progress.

"It's encouraging. He's able to lift it up and move it and not have a lot of pain," Saunders said. "We'll see when he gets it looked at again. We just want to make sure we get it right the first time. We don't want to take a chance on things."
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Jamison to miss 3 to 5 weeks 

Post#47 » by yungal07 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:47 pm

DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#48 » by DaRealHibachi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:56 pm

We just can't catch a break, can we...?? Damn this team...
:beer: Magnumt
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#49 » by Shanghai Kid » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:08 pm

I think this pretty much guarantees that Mike Miller will start at the 2 since he's an expierenced shooter. It will be interesting to see now if we start Blatche or Oberto, I'm thinking Oberto.

Gilbert will have to be a little bit more aggressive with his scoring with Antawn out.
jholmbe1
Senior

Post#50 » by jholmbe1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:11 pm

I'm thinking Blatche will start. I don't think Flip had any plans on giving McGee much if any PT this early in the season but he will now.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#51 » by LyricalRico » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Shanghai Kid wrote:I think this pretty much guarantees that Mike Miller will start at the 2 since he's an expierenced shooter. It will be interesting to see now if we start Blatche or Oberto, I'm thinking Oberto.

Agree on Miller, disagree on Oberto. If we're going to start Miller, we need to have somebody with some veteran saavy on the bench. A Blatche/McGee combo off the bench scares me, especially if it's paired with a Foye/Young backcourt. ::shudders::
dlts20
RealGM

Post#52 » by dlts20 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:35 pm

The only thing that upsets me is that the fools had AJ lifting weights before the test came back. I have to beleive that he shouldnt be lifting weights right now. IDK who Flip will start but if he starts Blatche then I bet anything that Blatche would beast on the floor with Gil and people would stop ripping him. I think he will probably still go with Oberto tonight just to see what that lineup looks like. I think he will also look at our sked with the bigs we play and you can see that Oberto may be better defensively for a guy like Dirk but I think after hearing this news, he will now switch back to Blatche for the start of the season and maybe even tonight.

You also have to look at Gil here. Do you really want to start the season with Gil basicaly going back to his old role of having to score 30ppg? If you want him to stay as an "aggressive passer" then you would start Blatche. I want to start Blatche for the simple fact that I know without a doubt he would shut all the haterz up. I keep telling everyone that any of our young guys will look 10x better on the floor with Gil. They just will. With him pushing the ball non stop, his passing, and his ability to draw double teams, he will be dominant. With all that being said, maybe its better to have Blatche on the bench for scoring, espicaly if NY is not going to be in the rotation. Foye would be our only real scorer on the bench.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#53 » by fishercob » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:44 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Shanghai Kid wrote:I think this pretty much guarantees that Mike Miller will start at the 2 since he's an expierenced shooter. It will be interesting to see now if we start Blatche or Oberto, I'm thinking Oberto.

Agree on Miller, disagree on Oberto. If we're going to start Miller, we need to have somebody with some veteran saavy on the bench. A Blatche/McGee combo off the bench scares me, especially if it's paired with a Foye/Young backcourt. ::shudders::

Or Flip could go the other way, start Young or Foye at the 2, Fab-O at the 4, and bring Miller and Blatche off the bench. No matter what, Flip is going to have to adjust on the fly and is learning that being coach of the Wizrads isn't as plush a gig as it looks on paper! Somewhere Eddie Jordan is smiling.

5 weeks takes us to November 27 -- the 14th game of the season, at Miami. So if we're looking at a worst case scenario of 13 missed games, then we've dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned. Now we all know full well that that's not really our worst case scenario and that the Wiz med staff sucks donkey balls (Hi Donkey!) , but hope springs eternal right?

Given the injury and that the schedule is pretty rough out of the gate you'd have to think that .500 over the first month, month and a half of the season is good work, right?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
dlts20
RealGM

Post#54 » by dlts20 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:54 pm

On the other flip side maybe it is a good thing to start Oberto and force Gil to be aggressive. I think he will still be smart enough to pass when its there but I wouldnt be against him averaging close to 30 or more at the start of the year, as long as he passes when its there and doesnt shoot us out of games
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,281

Post#55 » by nate33 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Start Oberto in place of Jamison. The starting unit can survive with a scorer at the PF spot. Blatche can come off the bench at PF and C, with McGee and McGuire getting spot minutes here and there.

The SG spot will be a tough decision. I initially liked the idea of bring Miller off the bench so his passing skills can make up for Foye's lack thereof; but now it looks like we might need Miller's scoring punch in the starting lineup. Everything would be much easier if Nick Young was playing like he did in training camp.

I'm leaning toward starting Foye. The rotation works better that way.

Code: Select all

NO JAMISON LINEUP
    |      1ST QUARTER       |      2ND QUARTER       |
TIME|2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 |2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 |
PG  |GA----------------------|RF----------GA----------|
SG  |RF----------NY----------|------MM----------------|
SF  |CB----------MM----------|CB----------------------|
PF  |FO----------AB----------|FO----------AB----------|
C   |BH------------------JM--|------AB----BH----------|
MINS: GA-36 CB-36 BH-32 MM-30 FO-24 RF-24 AB-30 NY-18 JM-10

Arenas and Butler play 36 minutes. Everyone else plays 32 or less. One or both of Butler and Miller will be on the floor to help distribute the ball when Arenas sits. Stevenson can play in place of Nick Young if Flip wants to go that way. Our crunch time lineup would be Arenas, Miller, Butler, Blatche and Haywood, with Flip having the option of playing Oberto in place of Blatche down the stretch.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:17 pm

That lineup makes a lot of sense Nate, except that I would curtail any Nick Young minutes in favor of further Foye time.

But I think you allude to a good point that it's kind of hard to have Deshawn beat out Nick Young with Jamison out. Though Stevenson has been hitting his long ball in the flow, we could use the prolific scoring potential/threat that Young brings. Though he's a wild card and has been hard to coral, he could help make space for everyone else.

While we're cohesive with Stevenson, our Schwag is kind of middling.

Time to rally Nick!

fishercob wrote:5 weeks takes us to November 27 -- the 14th game of the season, at Miami. So if we're looking at a worst case scenario of 13 missed games, then we've dodged a bullet as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, that's the spirit! 3-5 weeks isn't too bad at all.
jholmbe1
Senior

Post#57 » by jholmbe1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:23 pm

According to the Wizards Blog the official timetable is actually 4-6 weeks

http://www.washingtonwizardsblog.com/
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm

It says "four to six weeks from the date of the injury" rather than from today. So it's OK.

I like how they tucked the big scoop down in the bottom of the article too. :lol:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,281

Post#59 » by nate33 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:That lineup makes a lot of sense Nate, except that I would curtail any Nick Young minutes in favor of further Foye time.

I don't have a problem with that. But Foye needs to come out at least breifly at some point in the first quarter. We don't want him to have to play 18 consecutive minutes. Perhaps he can play the first 9 minutes and then sit 3, rather than the 6/6 split I have above.

I'd like a lineup with the following criteria in mind:
- One of Arenas/Butler on the floor at all times
- Three decent offensive players at all times (thats Arenas, Butler, Foye, Miller, Young or Blatche)
- Miller in during crunch time.
- McGee gets minutes against subs, not starters.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#60 » by MJG » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 pm

That's unfortunate. It probably will only cost us a game, maybe two, but that could make the difference in a tight race for home court with the Hawks.

Return to Washington Wizards