Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread 10/27/2009 

Post#401 » by P'Oed » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:59 am

fishercob wrote:
P'Oed wrote:
fishercob wrote:Bump for a little perspective. This was when Miller and Foye actually played. Reminder that Jamison hasn't played a game yet. Calm the hell down, ladies. You're embarrassing yourselves.

don't you understand that people are tired of that crap though? "We'll be great when everyone is healthy and 100%" just doesn't do it for me anymore. It hasn't worked since Larry Hughes started injuring his lady parts 5 years ago. I'm just tired of the same line year after year. This team will NEVER be 100% and thats honestly just the way it is.

If that's truly the way you feel, then can I ask you why you waste your time rooting for the team to the point of spending your free time on their message boards? If "that's honestly just the way it is," why don't you root for another team or just get another hobby altogether. Why make yourself miserable?

Well...because I'm Washington Wizards fan. I really have no choice other than to deal with what they put together year after year. And i mostly come on here to look at the TRADE information and TRADE ideas so I can get a sense of who is available to come and breathe some f'ing life into this team instead of the same 3 shmoes we've dealt with for the past 6 years. I'm not gonna take up basketweaving for Christ sake. I'm a basketball fan. And how can YOU not be miserable? You're happy with what the team is doing right now? Why make YOURSELF miserable?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#402 » by fishercob » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:04 am

I'm beside myself with exasperation at our misfortune with injuries. It's so far beyond explanation and comprehension. That's my frustration. Not with the team. If I didn't believe in the team, I'd stop caring. See: Redskins, Washington.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#403 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 am

P'Oed wrote:
Well...because I'm Washington Wizards fan. I really have no choice other than to deal with what they put together year after year. And i mostly come on here to look at the TRADE information and TRADE ideas so I can get a sense of who is available to come and breathe some f'ing life into this team instead of the same 3 shmoes we've dealt with for the past 6 years. I'm not gonna take up basketweaving for Christ sake. I'm a basketball fan. And how can YOU not be miserable? You're happy with what the team is doing right now? Why make YOURSELF miserable?

Amen brother. Time to trade one of the big 3. I use to drink the Wizards Kool Aid as much as anyone (in real life) "Just wait til we are healthy this is a 50 win team" Now I realized they might never be healthy and the team chemistry isn't there. I still hold out hope that we will get healthy and play good basketball.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#404 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am

^^^^
Agreed, the problem is that big-three are not tradeable except perhaps Caron and only recently began addressing our depth problem.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#405 » by dobrojim » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm

fishercob wrote:I'm beside myself with exasperation at our misfortune with injuries. It's so far beyond explanation and comprehension. That's my frustration. Not with the team. If I didn't believe in the team, I'd stop caring. See: Redskins, Washington.

if Snyder dared to pay for some market research and look at the results he'd easily
be smart enough to see how stupid he's been and start making some needed changes
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards