ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards/Capitals Tickets

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Swarez
Freshman
And1: 0

Wizards/Capitals Tickets 

Post#1 » by Swarez » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:58 pm

I am going to Arlington Va for business (from Toronto), and want to check out both a Wizards game & Capitals game. I will be in town week of the 24th, (staying weekend until the 30th) & than the 5th of Jan to the 11th.
-Best way of getting tickets (will probably want singles) -I have been looking at craigslist, most people will email/paypal so no issue there.
-Are there scalpers in front of the building? I know some cities there are, some not so much (Toronto there are tons)
-Price wise what % of face value should I be looking at, a bit under? a bit over?
-Should I just stick with box office?

Also anything happening in DC/Va area when I will be down? I've done all the touristry stuff, national mall, capital, zoo, M street, Tysons mall, Potamic Mills etc. Anything under the radar I can check out in the evenings/weekends. I don't think I am going to have a rental so taking cabs/subway.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Re: Wizards/Capitals Tickets 

Post#2 » by dobrojim » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Swarez wrote:I am going to Arlington Va for business (from Toronto), and want to check out both a Wizards game & Capitals game. I will be in town week of the 24th, (staying weekend until the 30th) & than the 5th of Jan to the 11th.
-Best way of getting tickets (will probably want singles) -I have been looking at craigslist, most people will email/paypal so no issue there.
-Are there scalpers in front of the building? I know some cities there are, some not so much (Toronto there are tons)
-Price wise what % of face value should I be looking at, a bit under? a bit over?
-Should I just stick with box office?

Also anything happening in DC/Va area when I will be down? I've done all the touristry stuff, national mall, capital, zoo, M street, Tysons mall, Potamic Mills etc. Anything under the radar I can check out in the evenings/weekends. I don't think I am going to have a rental so taking cabs/subway.

there are scalpers although it's illegal to sell tickets on the street in DC.
But as long as you're not right in front of a cop, you're probably ok that way.
As for price, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm always nervous dealing with
the scalpers like they're going to sell me counterfeit. At the risk of stating
the obvious, it's all a matter of how confident the scalper is that the next
person will pay as much or more than you're offering.

you might want to get a seating chart so you have some idea of where
what you're being offered is (another obvious thing)
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Swarez
Freshman

Post#3 » by Swarez » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Not really worried too much about scalpers, I travel a bit with work and have bought tickets and probably 15 cities, also done the craigslist thing too, which I prefer. Just not sure of demand of tickets for Caps/Wiz and how much above face is a good value.

Last year for example I went to a Atlanta games sitting about 12 rows up, got the ticket for $45. A guy working in the hotel got me the ticket through people he knew though.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#4 » by dobrojim » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:12 pm

I'll say we have fair weather fans and the demand depends hugely
on the specific game. Weekday vs weekend, popular opp vs dud
and how well the team is doing.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#5 » by BigA » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:12 pm

These days, the Caps are a hotter ticket than the Wizards. I know they sold out their season ticket plans for this year, which is kind of amazing in this economy. I have no idea what scalping is like for them.

I used to scalp Wizards tickets pretty regularly before I became a planholder. If you go on a week night and it's not an elite team, you can probably pay considerably less than face.
MarvinWilliams#24
Junior

Post#6 » by MarvinWilliams#24 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:35 pm

I just got some tickets to the Wizards and nets game this weekend! I got them in section 117 for 45 dollars a piece.. I'm not sure how great of a deal it is but it didn't seem like to bad of a price for the seats. Does anyone know what kind of view these seats have?
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Zerocious » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 pm

MarvinWilliams#24 wrote:I just got some tickets to the Wizards and nets game this weekend! I got them in section 117 for 45 dollars a piece.. I'm not sure how great of a deal it is but it didn't seem like to bad of a price for the seats. Does anyone know what kind of view these seats have?

check here
Swarez
Freshman

Post#8 » by Swarez » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Caps hotter than the Wiz!! Wow guess thats what having Ovy do amazing and Gilbert on the bench for 2 seasons does to a team, but really I'd rather check a Caps game myself. I've been emailing people on Craigslist so think I will go that way.

Can people recomend me some stuff to check out? I've done the national mall and other big tourist stuff when I was down before, want to see something different. Coming third week of November, than again 1st week of January.

Also, been to Potamac mills, is there any other outlet I should check out or just head back there?

Return to Washington Wizards