ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 4: Wizards @ Cavaliers (11-3-09)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

How many points will the Wizards win by?

10-19
40%
20-29
5%
30+
55%

Total votes: 40

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Re: Game 4: Wizards @ Cavaliers (11-3-09) 

Post#301 » by keynote » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:37 am

evolushunize wrote:Is it me or am I the only one who saw the old Gil during the game? Making horrible decisions and shooting fade away shots when 2 people are double teaming you, when you have Foye wide open at top of the arc. Or when he tries to drive it inside, doesn't get the call, yet he keeps trying to get the foul each time, which then lead to offensive fouls or turnovers. COME ON GIL WTF are you doing!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I want to go to the Miami game tomorrow if I see this same type of lackluster **** play!

Yeah, I saw a lack of poise across the board. Blatche had a relapse as well; trying to take defenders off the dribble from the top of the key, shooting soft fadeaways, etc.

Lack of poise is what cost the Wizards this game. Between the refs, Shaq, the hostile crowd, and the psychological history of the rivalry, they got a little shook. I don't think it has any implications on how they'd play in the playoffs, however; teams settle down over the course of a multi-game series.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#302 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:37 am

Gil looked timid tonight which is the last thing I want to see from him against the Cavs.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#303 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:38 am

evolushunize wrote:Is it me or am I the only one who saw the old Gil during the game? Making horrible decisions and shooting fade away shots when 2 people are double teaming you, when you have Foye wide open at top of the arc. Or when he tries to drive it inside, doesn't get the call, yet he keeps trying to get the foul each time, which then lead to offensive fouls or turnovers. COME ON GIL WTF are you doing!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I want to go to the Miami game tomorrow if I see this same type of lackluster **** play!

Like I was saying if-only we had a back-up PG that we could put in there w/o hesitation that could ball. Instead we are forced to watch Gil jacking repeatedly w/o getting the hook.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#304 » by P'Oed » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:38 am

lbj_216 wrote:
DaRealHibachi wrote:
lbj_216 wrote:99 percent of you washington fans are a joke, every game you bitc h about the refs, you were up by 20 points and at the end of the half had plus 11 free throws. stop blaming the refs and blame your owner. 120 million to a guy with no knee, or how bout the fact that you lost to us in 2006 and instead of picking up some players and getting better your owner keeps the same team around year after year
individually some of your players are all stars but as a team it dont work and needs to be blown up

Creating a new account to post nonsense on the Wiz board....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Cavs fans...

no i haved the account a long time but after reading all your crying i had to post something :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahhaa. "Haved."
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#305 » by 80sballboy » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:39 am

All fans complain about officials. But the game is decided on the court. Cleveland was the better team and is as usual. Gil has his head up his a-s-s in these games, trying to prove something to somebody instead of trusting his teammates. How abut the drive by Mo Williams to the basket and the dish back out to Boobie for the wide open three? Gil can do it. does does it occasionaly, but never against Cleveland.
closg00
RealGM

Post#306 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:39 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:Gil looked timid tonight which is the last thing I want to see from him against the Cavs.

Yes and the Cavs also just played better D. I think Gil feared driving the lane and getting clobbered.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#307 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:39 am

lbj_216 wrote:
DaRealHibachi wrote:Creating a new account to post nonsense on the Wiz board....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Cavs fans...

no i haved the account a long time but after reading all your crying i had to post something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is even worse... You spend all your time lurkin these parts, just waiting for something stupid to post... :lol: Oh and btw, Your spelling sucks...

You stay classy Cavs fan... :lol:
:beer: Magnumt
GilArenas88
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#308 » by GilArenas88 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:42 am

What a disheartening loss, we played so well for the first 20 minutes. Then between the refs, some poor defense, shot jacking, we completely unraveled. Oh well its one game, atleast we got our butts whooped, hopefully it will help them bounce back tommorrow. Remember guys no matter how well we play on night, doesn't mean our team may not struggle the next night, this team is still learning and is going to have some growing pains. Also remember Cleveland is an excellent home team, lost one game at home last year, and that was to the eventual world champions.

Good things from game:
-First 20 minutes
-Outrebounded, although we got murdered on the glass in the second half
-They shot only 41% from the field

The bad:
-They made 11 threes on 25 attempts, Boobie was just killing us
-Shot jacking,play within the offense, I think they just startedto get frustrated
-Passing was poor after first 20 minutes
-Missed 9 free throws, 4 from Arenas, ouch, 4-14 from distance, and overall 39%

Learn from our mistakes, and move on. I think we definately can compete with the top teams in the league, we just need more time to gel, and having our full complement of players would be swell. Four games into the season were 2-2, not great but we could have been worse.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#309 » by Silvie Lysandra » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:44 am

keynote wrote:Despite all of our complaining about the officiating, the Cavs attempted 27 FTs; the Wizards attempted 41. Granted, timing is everything, but this game ain't exactly Game 6 SAC/LAL.

On the other hand, the Cavs had 86 FGA; the Wizards had 69. It's tough competing with that kind of discrepancy.

Forget the FTA discrepancy. It's all about the fact that the Cavaliers were allowed to do whatever they wanted in the low post, and on the glass, and we were called for touch fouls. Our fouls shots were worked for, theirs were mostly artificial (they hardly drove the lane, or made much of an effort inside)

On the other end of the court the Cavaliers literally mauled us on defense and were not called for it.

lbj_216 wrote:garbage

You mean like how your front office brings in retread after retread to put around LeBron and hope he'll bail them out? Mo Williams is your best offseason move in a decade other than winning the 2003 lottery. Whereas our front office has been active in trying to get better, instead of getting the zebras on their side.

I can't wait to see you neckbeard Cleveland fans QQ when LeBron leaves for LA or NY.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#310 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:44 am

Good game Wiz fans. Impressive first qtr, you guys just had problems defending Shaq inside - by far his best game of the year.
closg00
RealGM

Post#311 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:44 am

Gil needs to be benched when he plays that way that he did.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#312 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:44 am

Gil wasn't the only problem..Our whole offense turned to **** when Cleveland made a run. Every player went one on one. I couldnt understand why we didn't pick and roll Shaq to death when he was in the game
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#313 » by miller31time » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:45 am

Not saying it was the reason we lost but I thought Gilbert should have come back in the game MUCH earlier than he did in the 2nd quarter. I feel like it caused him to lose his rhythm while simultaneously hurting the Wizards since their best player was off the court for an extended period of time.

Cleveland just turned on the defense ever since the 1st quarter and we couldn't do the same to them.

Also, Mo Williams and Gibson couldn't miss in the 2nd half. That didn't help matters, especially after you try to keep the score close only to see 3 after 3 fall.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#314 » by Silvie Lysandra » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:46 am

I take back my last comment :)

But yeah, we basically got shook mentally; the question is that will we toughen up as the season goes on? I think we got a bit too excited; this is going to be a long process; and we shouldn't expect to see who this team really is until the break.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#315 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:47 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:Good game Wiz fans. Impressive first qtr, you guys just had problems defending Shaq inside - by far his best game of the year.

Yup, Shaq was great today for y'all... He's pretty hard to stap down there... Hope he keeps up the good work... :wink:

See you guys in 2 weeks!!! :D
:beer: Magnumt
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#316 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:48 am

The Cavs are a good team that will probably win around 60 games. They were playing at home. We were missing one of our best players. I don't know why anybody is all that surprised.

The refs killed us late in the 2nd quarter with those two cheap fouls on Haywood and then they got him again with a really bad call on his "offensive foul". That's what did the Wizards in. Once Haywood was gone, Shaq had a field day.

Other than that cheap stuff on Haywood, I didn't think the refs really controlled the game with bad calls. Yeah, Cleveland got away with some one-sided treatment by the refs, but that's gonna happen.

Blatche really got screwed twice by the refs though. He took a great charge on Lebron in the 3rd quarter just as Lebron passed it away and it ended up being a no call. And that fast break when Blatche dribbled coast to coast was a blatant blocking foul on Gibson. It was truly one of the worst calls I've ever seen. We got away with a couple of calls too though. They called a few ticky tack fouls on Z that I thought were unjustified.

On offense, we got into real trouble when they doubled Arenas off the high screen. It left somebody open, but we just couldn't find him.

I don't understand why Stevenson played so much in the 4th. He wasn't in there for defensive purposes because Butler was on Lebron. Miller should have been in the game.

Blatche had another pretty good game. He didn't stick out, but he had a quiet 7 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks in 25 minutes with sound D and few mistakes. He had 3 turnovers but really got robbed on the offensive foul so I'll only count it as 2 turnovers. If this is a "bad" game for Blatche, then I'll take it.

I thought Haywood had a damn good game. He fought Shaq for everything and was really a presence down low. He also showed some pretty good hands catching balls in traffic. I still can't believe they called him for an offensive foul when Varajeo just walked into him and ran him over with his chest.
Bickerstaff
Senior
And1: 3

Post#317 » by Bickerstaff » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:50 am

lbj_216 wrote:no i haved the account a long time but after reading all your crying i had to post something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haved?

Anyway, this loss wasn't on the refs. The Wizards choked, straight up. They got off to a great start, then they got cocky and blew it. Flip kept the subs in too long in the 2nd quarter and Deshawn needed to come out immediately after that hard (should have been a flagrant) foul from Shaq. Stevenson can't play up to his emotions and he made some poor choices. Blatche was timid. Miller was timid. Foye kind of stunk. Gil and Caron were fine, but El B.J. and Snaquille were better. Mostly, the Wizards needed more from the bench tonight.

If there's any consolation, it's that Cavs fans appear to be the ugliest human beings ever assembled in one building. L
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#318 » by keynote » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:50 am

DaRealHibachi wrote:
Benedict_Boozer wrote:Good game Wiz fans. Impressive first qtr, you guys just had problems defending Shaq inside - by far his best game of the year.

Yup, Shaq was great today for y'all... He's pretty hard to stap down there... Hope he keeps up the good work... :wink:

See you guys in 2 weeks!!! :D

You want the rest of us to clear out, so you can kissy-face?

Get a room, you two. ;)
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#319 » by miller31time » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:50 am

nate33 wrote:I still can't believe they called him for an offensive foul when Varajeo just walked into him and ran him over with his chest.

Yeah. That and the Blatche fast-break charge were laughably bad calls but you're absolutely correct that the refs didn't cost us this game - we (and Cleveland's defense) did.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#320 » by P'Oed » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:51 am

Word up. We'll see how things go next game. Good luck with the rest of your season pal.

Return to Washington Wizards