ImageImageImageImageImage

Im Not Tripping Over Anything.....

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Im Not Tripping Over Anything..... 

Post#1 » by dlts20 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 3:07 am

until AJ comes back. I just cant get upset by losing to good teams on the road without a key guy espicaly when his replacment is so different. The Hawks & the Cavs can put on the clamps so we are going to be inconsistent on O when you start guys like Wood, Oberto, and Miller. Teams dont guard Oberto it allows them to really key on Gil and trap him. With AJ back all that changes. Its not just adding a scorer but its adding a big time scorer. I also keep telling people that when AJ comes back we are really adding 2 new guys because Miller is going to look so different with AJ out there. Miller is going to then be open all the time so he can hit J after J or drive when people run out at him. Then when he does drive he can then kick it to all scorers. As of now he almost kicks it to Oberto every time because the D isnt guarding him and Oberto wont shoot it. Or he kicks it to Wood.

Everything will look so different by the addition of AJ. As Ive said before, it still wouldnt be a big change now if Flip started Blatche because he gives us some things similar to what AJ does but Flip starts Oberto so it throws things off with Oberto & Wood up front. The bottom line is when AJ comes back then the O will be unstoppable and every guy will be producing. It will totally change the way teams guard Gil. No more will they be able to trap him off the screens or they will be lit up. People keep thinking that with AJ out Miller will or has to be more offensive but thats actually backwards. He will be more Offensive when AJ is there and he is then open alot more or has all scorers to drive & pass to
dlts20
RealGM

Re: Im Not Tripping Over Anything..... 

Post#2 » by dlts20 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 3:08 am

please feel free to merge if needed
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#3 » by closg00 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 3:17 am

I'm not tripping either, I expected a loss tonight and I don't expect us to be any better than a 5-6th seed.
I will enjoy the hoops as-much as I can, but w/o an interior post player and legit back-up PG, this team is never getting out of the first round.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,382

Post#4 » by Jimmy Recard » Wed Nov 4, 2009 3:28 am

Jamison is a big help, but he doesn't solve our problems. When Cleveland made a run tonight, our offense turned to **** because we turned to jacking up contested jumpers. We need a guy who we can dump the ball into to slow the game down, and put some pressure on the interior D.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#5 » by dlts20 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:15 am

you guys are sleeping on us. He will solve our problems and we are definatly better than a 5 or 6 seed. Flip's rotations were bad tonight and part of it had to do with him insisting on starting Oberto. Its going to be trouble against great defenses. With AJ back then everyone gets into there normal spots and then we're fine
gowiz999
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#6 » by gowiz999 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:33 am

better than a 5-6 seed? how?

Are we better than Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, etc? Not even close.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#7 » by dandridge 10 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:42 am

Mosca wrote:Jamison is a big help, but he doesn't solve our problems. When Cleveland made a run tonight, our offense turned to **** because we turned to jacking up contested jumpers. We need a guy who we can dump the ball into to slow the game down, and put some pressure on the interior D.

I don't think anybody is tripping just four games into the season, but I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I think we need to add some toughness to our frontcourt before we need a backup PG.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#8 » by go'stags » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:12 am

About the issue of scoring inside, I think Jamison could definitely help that, just at SF, not PF.

With Blatche playing well, hitting his jumpers consistently and passing well, that creates plenty of space and opportunity for Jamison to abuse SF's down low.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#9 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Nov 4, 2009 8:51 am

I'm not tripping, either.

Last season this team won 19 games. Last night this team won the first quarter 31-17 and at one point was up 18. The team is 2-2 and obviously better than it was last season.

Blatche didn't really get to do much in Cleveland. I'm glad there were no technicals and that he and others didn't so any more than get down, dispirited, and lose one game.

Seventy-eight more games left in what will be a much better season. No tripping here.

Flip has a lot to evaluate and to work with.
Bye bye Beal.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#10 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:45 pm

We were jacking up jumpers because we were getting called for imaginary fouls every time we set foot in the lane, don't deny it. I just don't see the blame for yesterday's loss going anywhere except the preposterous game called by the refs. That was just the most blatant thrown game I have ever seen. Whom do I sue? Can we get a petition going to the NBA to get our money back? I guess we can't because it was an away game. How about suing for 1/82nd of this year's salary expenditures? There has got to be some accountability.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Zerocious » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:49 pm

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:We were jacking up jumpers because we were getting called for imaginary fouls every time we set foot in the lane, don't deny it. I just don't see the blame for yesterday's loss going anywhere except the preposterous game called by the refs. That was just the most blatant thrown game I have ever seen. Whom do I sue? Can we get a petition going to the NBA to get our money back? I guess we can't because it was an away game. How about suing for 1/82nd of this year's salary expenditures? There has got to be some accountability.

I wanted to throw out my TV watching that 2nd quarter, but i could do nothing but laugh. i just feel bad for the crab fans. they're being fed this false sense of accomplishment by the league. their fall will be hard and painful.

That said, THE WIZARDS LOOKED HORRIBLE WHEN THE DEFENSE TURNED IT UP A NOTCH! seriously, mike miller said it best, somthing along the lines of accepting adversity, not being composed. when the pressure is on, the wiz fall apart. mike brown wasn't tripping either when we went up 18, because it was just hot air. we never keep a good lead. not under EJ, not under flip. i'll re-evaluate later on in the season, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#12 » by dlts20 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:50 pm

gowiz999 wrote:better than a 5-6 seed? how?

Are we better than Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, etc? Not even close.

Hell yes we are in that group. Ive always said we were even before the trade. We just needed to get healthy and we still do. Come holla at me in a few weeks.

One thing thats funny to me is that people actually look at us as the same Wiz team and blame our 2 losses on Defense and they say we cant win defensive battles when the truth is we are actually 4th in the leauge right now in defensive FG% and have held all our opponents down, including the 2 losses. We even outrebounded the Cavs and I think we were right there with the Hawks if not better. Those are the top 2 things that have killed us in the past and so far we have been as good as even the best. The truth is that what killed us in those 2 losses were our Offense and I think you will see that it will look totally different when AJ is out there instead of Oberto and our 2nd unit will be consistent with Oberto, Blatche, and DS's passing to go along with Foye. AJ coming back completely changes everything. Again, we wouldnt have to depend on that as much if Flip just started Blatche but he doesnt want to do that so I think its going to be hard for our O to be consistent against good Defensive teams in the meantime, espiclay with the way the refs have treated us in these 4 games
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#13 » by verbal8 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:55 pm

Based on the Cavs game the Wizards look like a play-off team, how else would they have gotten a double digit lead on the Cavs. However the collapse makes the Wizards look like a 5/6 seed more than a 3/4 seed.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:59 pm

Luckily, I missed the 2nd half - I could feel the impending doom when all of our bigs got in foul trouble - mostly trying to cover Shaq. I didn't think Shaq still had that much left. Figuring with him set up as a huge threat, Crabwalk would have a field day in the 2nd half, and it was going to be ugly. Oh well, an early road loss to Cleveland is nothing to be real concerned about - especially since we'll soon crush Miami at home. Btw, great thread title.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#15 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 8:32 pm

we kept a good lead against dallas. blatche disappeared in the 2nd half. butler needs to get out of his funk. DS needs to play less minutes. our platoon of big men is serving us well. i like how flip is using them, if only for their fouls.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards