ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards vs Cavs

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Re: Official Thread - Wizards vs Cavs 

Post#201 » by Halcyon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:57 am

Well played second half! Aside from Captain Jamison playing lights out in his first game back, a few thoughts:
-Mike Miller will be the glue that keeps this team together throughout the year. Before this year began I thought this role would belong to Caron, but it's Miller's now.
-That little guy named Earl is my BOYkins. He provides a great spark off the bench. He may chuck the ball sometimes but he usually makes the right decision. He can also put pressure on defenses with his ability to penetrate into the lane.
-Caron needs to go on the Mt. Dew weight gaining diet.
-As the announcer's mentioned..Arenas definitely does not have his legs. Maybe they should shut him down on back to backs to keep him fresh? That's assuming Foye is back and fully healthy.
-Stevenson was in there for the perfect amount of time, and he played exactly the role we wanted him to do, so props to him. He played within his capabilities.

All in all good stuff, now let's hope Mike Miller is ok and the other guys stay healthy too.
bullitz
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#202 » by bullitz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 am

Don't post often but had to chime in. Gil didn't play very well, but we don't win this game without him. Gil exercised some demons with a pretty good third quarter. Not Gil of old but probably one of his better 3rd quarters in a couple of years. Caron did the same in the 4th quarter. This might be the game we point to where Gil and Caron got a little of their swagger back.

For that Flip should get a little credit. Basketball is all about rhythm and momentum. Keeping Gil out the 4th made his last memory of a pretty good win a 3rd quarter where he made a crucial steal and had some nice drives to the basket.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#203 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 am

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:OUTREBOUNDED THEM BY 14!!!! Holy cow. 10 boards from Jamison. Welcome back AJ!

My Wish: Wizards healthy vs Cavs in the playoffs.

This team with all its pieces will beat them. Miller is the X factor and Blatche has matured. They have noone to stop Jamison. Gil and Caron can't keep sucking. (Actually, I think Caron came out of it this game! He finished +20, and I think Flip playing him through it will pay off. Caron is better with AJ and obviously much better with Boykins than with Gilbert.) Cleveland underestimates the Wizards.

This game was SWEET!

Healthy, this team's not bad at all.
Bye bye Beal.
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#204 » by newslowsad » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 am

If Miller goes out indefinitely, we could be real screwed.
ErikChowbay023
Junior
And1: 3

Post#205 » by ErikChowbay023 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:01 am

Just to quickly sum it up...

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE TEAM PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Night ...
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#206 » by JWizmentality » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:01 am

Rafael122 wrote:I'm happy we won, but extremely concerned about the overall health of this team. We are a walking infirmary. Miller isn't healthy. Jamison and Miller look like they came out of a car crash.

+1

I'm cringing anytime one of them gets contact. This team is Russian Roulette at it's finest. At the end of the game Miller looked like he was about to collapse. I'm still a little concerned. The guys playing with one frikkin hand outplayed all the healthy guys. Gil is in no way shape or form the leader of this team.

El Capitwan: Part deux...The Rebirth.
RealGM

Post#207 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 am

bullitz wrote:Don't post often but had to chime in. Gil didn't play very well, but we don't win this game without him. Gil exercised some demons with a pretty good third quarter. Not Gil of old but probably one of his better 3rd quarters in a couple of years. Caron did the same in the 4th quarter. This might be the game we point to where Gil and Caron got a little of their swagger back.

For that Flip should get a little credit. Basketball is all about rhythm and momentum. Keeping Gil out the 4th made his last memory of a pretty good win a 3rd quarter where he made a crucial steal and had some nice drives to the basket.

I think Jamison being back as a scorer also helped both guys.

As far as swagger goes, Caron had it late with Boykins, DeShawn, and Miller on the court. Flip does get credit for sticking with Caron, even though I and just about EVERYBODY have been saying trade Caron.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#208 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 am

We didn't play as well as the score indicates. We got the benefit of the doubt on A LOT of calls, and we also got a lot of fortunate bounces throughout the game. That said, a win is a win and I'll certainly take it. Props to the team for keeping their heads together after being down 17. I know I was about to turn the TV off at that point.

I have a total man crush on Mike Miller. He was brilliant in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. And it wasn't just the 3-pointers. He was everywhere - on the glass, in the passing lanes, challenging shots, making passes. He did everything right.

Jamison was awesome too. At one point, he had 22 of our 44 points. Man, did we miss him.

Butler was still terrible on offense. He was pretty solid defensively and on the glass, so I can't bash him too much, but he has got to figure out his role in this system. He absolutely killed the ball movement when he got the ball. (It was nice to see him drive to the basket and make that one dish to Blatche along the baseline. That was the first time this season I felt like I was watching the old Butler.)

Haywood had another superb game. Z scored a bunch on him early, but it was because Haywood was forced to rotate elsewhere on help D. Haywood was always in the right spot and really did a nice job on the glass. He played an error free game. He had no missed shots, no turnovers, and no defensive mistakes.

Arenas simply has to attack to be effective. When he is stationary with the ball waiting for a play to develop, he is highly prone to making mistakes. He really telegraphs the entry pass. He has got to get better about that. What he needs to do is recognize when the defense is cheating on the pass and instead of passing, just drive to the lane. Arenas looked real good in the 3rd and 4th quarters once he got into attack mode.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#209 » by DaRealHibachi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 am

ErikChowbay023 wrote:Just to quickly sum it up...

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE TEAM PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Night ...

+1

BTW, THANKS HANX FOR THE GAMETHREAD!!!! :D :D :D
:beer: Magnumt
RealGM

Post#210 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 am

newslowsad wrote:If Miller goes out indefinitely, we could be real screwed.

We are screwed if that happens. No question in my mind.
Bye bye Beal.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#211 » by JWizmentality » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 am

Okay...for only the second time this season I shall look at the upcoming schedule.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#212 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
ZonkertheBrainless wrote:OUTREBOUNDED THEM BY 14!!!! Holy cow. 10 boards from Jamison. Welcome back AJ!

My Wish: Wizards healthy vs Cavs in the playoffs.

I'm not ready to wish for that yet. I'd like to see us beat Cleveland with Shaq and Sideshow Bob before I start hoping to play them. When we do play them, Flip is going to have to make sure that he keeps Haywood in the game when Shaq is in the game, because nobody else on the team has a chance against him. I suppose that could work because Blatche can handle Z okay.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#213 » by Hoopalotta » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 am

Oh wow, Bobcats lose tonight, Wiz are out of the Cellar!
ErikChowbay023
Junior

Post#214 » by ErikChowbay023 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 am

Greatest thing about Flip is that Arenas is playing tough defense... The whole team is... Great to watch..

Arenas does not have his legs underneath at all right now...I really thinks its gonna be a few more game before his legs can catch up with how he`s playing...Simple, Gilbert`s coming back from a 2 year lay off... He looked good in the first few games but he looks a bit fatigued right now... and he is playing more defense than he ever has, and his legs arent use to playing as much defense and offense... But once his legs catch up his shooting and overall driving game will be back...
jimij
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#215 » by jimij » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

My Wish: Wizards healthy vs Cavs in the second or third round of the playoffs.

Corrected because, you know, just in case....
RealGM

Post#216 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:15 am

Halcyon wrote:Well played second half! Aside from Captain Jamison playing lights out in his first game back, a few thoughts:
-Mike Miller will be the glue that keeps this team together throughout the year. Before this year began I thought this role would belong to Caron, but it's Miller's now.
-That little guy named Earl is my BOYkins. He provides a great spark off the bench. He may chuck the ball sometimes but he usually makes the right decision. He can also put pressure on defenses with his ability to penetrate into the lane.
-Caron needs to go on the Mt. Dew weight gaining diet.
-As the announcer's mentioned..Arenas definitely does not have his legs. Maybe they should shut him down on back to backs to keep him fresh? That's assuming Foye is back and fully healthy.
-Stevenson was in there for the perfect amount of time, and he played exactly the role we wanted him to do, so props to him. He played within his capabilities.

All in all good stuff, now let's hope Mike Miller is ok and the other guys stay healthy too.

Nice post!

Wizards outscored them 64-40 in the second half.

I think Boykins, if he keeps this up, can save Gil's legs.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#217 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:15 am

yungal07 wrote:
DaRealHibachi wrote:WHEN WE'RE HEALTHY MOTHER F'ERS!!!!

Now you know...

The funny thing is that we didn't even play that well from a team perspective. Gilbert had a terrible game. If/when Foye, Blatche, and Gilbert start knocking down their shots, this team is going to be tough to stop offensively.

I have a newfound respect for Jamison. He can't defend his shadow, but he's so necessary to this team's offensive success and on the boards.

Mike Miller is slowly becoming my favorite player on this team.

Exactly what I was thinking, we didn't even play that well but we crushed them somehow. I hope Gilbert gets it together soon.
RealGM

Post#218 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:16 am

Hoopalotta wrote:Oh wow, Bobcats lose tonight, Wiz are out of the Cellar!

EJ actually helps the Wizards out tonight!
Bye bye Beal.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#219 » by yungal07 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:29 am

ErikChowbay023 wrote:Greatest thing about Flip is that Arenas is playing tough defense... The whole team is... Great to watch..

Arenas does not have his legs underneath at all right now...I really thinks its gonna be a few more game before his legs can catch up with how he`s playing...Simple, Gilbert`s coming back from a 2 year lay off... He looked good in the first few games but he looks a bit fatigued right now... and he is playing more defense than he ever has, and his legs arent use to playing as much defense and offense... But once his legs catch up his shooting and overall driving game will be back...

I agree. Right now, he wants his jumpshot to drop so it can open his drible-drive game. What Gilbert needs to realize is that teams are going to play his jumpshot until he proves he can finish at the rim consistently. That will come when his legs get up to speed with his brain lol.
fifthstop
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#220 » by fifthstop » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 am

Poor LeTravel! Got called for a double-D, a tie-up (bad call actually), and, adding injury to insult, MM head-butted the shite out of his left arm on that drive near the end. That's just not fair! I hope he's not hurt!!!

Return to Washington Wizards