ImageImageImageImageImage

Rogue Game thread - Wizards at Spurs

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

CaPtaiN eYeSaNo
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Rogue Game thread - Wizards at Spurs 

Post#61 » by CaPtaiN eYeSaNo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 am

this team just lacks fire, passion, and 'heart'.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#62 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:33 am

Hoopalotta wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:nate, don't start off a sentence saying it's the dumbest thing ......

Uh, yeah, probably best to avoid that. This board could get ugly as things are going if we're not careful.

Hoops, nate is cool. We're both just pissed.

I wish we could all go in the Wizards locker room and turn over the fruit table.
Bye bye Beal.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#63 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:33 am

JWizmentality wrote:
Shanghai Kid wrote:I don't think other centers have so much faith in horrible fadeaway shots the way Haywood does.

Precisely. Other centers know their place and what they're capable of. They play within the offense. Did anyone catch Haywood's sky hook? Sweet mother of God! :o

He was actually practicing for the spring Renaissance Festival. He's going to impersonating a trebuchet.

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#64 » by JWizmentality » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:35 am

Gil_Kills wrote:this team just lacks fire, passion, and 'heart'.

The perfect remedy.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 846325.ece
gowiz999
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#65 » by gowiz999 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:35 am

P'Oed wrote:I can't believe it's this early in the season and I'm already forgetting/not caring about games. Really really sad stuff here guys. We officially don't have a team anymore.

sad indeed. i miss wizards basketball. this will make it two straight years where their season is over by Thanksgiving.

dark ages once again. :cry:
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#66 » by Shanghai Kid » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:36 am

If no trade, we need a line-up change.

It's time to bench Butler. I would start Mcguire or Blatche in his place.

I would also consider moving Gilbert to the SG spot. Now is the time to tinker.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#67 » by JWizmentality » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:40 am

The Wizards are the cheap whores of the NBA.

...atleast my L.A Galaxy are in the MLS Cup tomorrow and will kick a$$. They never disappoint me and their overpaid stars actually earn that paycheck. :love:
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,380

Post#68 » by Jimmy Recard » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 am

Predictable...Jamison comes back, takes Blatche's spot and Dray starts sucking again. Oh well.

Its actually gotten to the point that i'm not getting frustrated anymore when were sucking. It just comes to be expected. I'm really losing faith in this group.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#69 » by JWizmentality » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 am

Mosca wrote:Predictable...Jamison comes back, takes Blatche's spot and Dray starts sucking again. Oh well.

Its actually gotten to the point that i'm not getting frustrated anymore when were sucking. It just comes to be expected. I'm really losing faith in this group.

You're still watching? :eek1:
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,380

Post#70 » by Jimmy Recard » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 am

^^ can't help it :lol:

we could be 0-81 and i'd still watch the 82nd game :P
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#71 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:56 am

JWizmentality wrote:
Hoopalotta wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:nate, don't start off a sentence saying it's the dumbest thing ......

Uh, yeah, probably best to avoid that. This board could get ugly as things are going if we're not careful.

Yup, didn't expect things to go south this quickly. Whether he likes it or not, EG has to change something. It's obvious this is not a "let it fix itself" situation. This team is terrible. Butler can't hit an open shot to save his life. Gil takes TERRIBLE shots and his IQ is way off. Haywood, while still a good defensive center, has brain farts where he thinks he's Kareem. Jamison is great, but his defense is a liability. I heart Mike Miller, but the curse lives on. This team need a spiritual retreat, a family meeting, Dr. Phil, Ritalin...Something!

I agree with all of this JWiz. The thing that stood out for me last night vs. OKC was how OLD we look. It is hard to see much positive in our future. At this point, we definitely appear to be the result of a delusion. EG made all his moves this offseason believing we were a coach and a bit of depth away from contending... what the injuries of the past few years hid was how the sad truth of age has crept up on us.

Having said that (and actually believing that), I'll try my best to pull myself off the ledge with this bit of forced optimism:
1. Gil has actually started attacking and finishing a little like old times in these past two games. Once he knocks the rust off and gets to know Flip's system, he'll be great again.
2. The team is tentative because they are still getting to know Flip's system and each other.
3. Once Flip can establish a rotation, it will jell.
4. Someone unforeseen (DMAC, N1) will be forced into a major role and will end up being the lynchpin of a positive change.
5. We haven't seen all the permutations of this roster (Haywood and McGee starting anyone?)

Well, da*n, that was hard to type... I can't even figure out a way to believe my own nonsense.
In Rizzo we trust
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#72 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:01 am

All I can say is this "team" disgusts me. To me, all it looks like is a bunch of players just trying to get their own shots, and that's it. Even worse than that, our defense is regressing back to usual form. There was a reason why 95% of the experts predicted the Wiz a 7-8 seed at best. While the Wizards have pretty good individual talent, they also have no mental or physical toughness, no inside presence, have always been undeciplined and trigger happy on offense, and have three stars that can't/won't play a lick of D. This team is flawed. Its not the coach, its the players. Its time to break up the big 3...if its even possible at this point.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#73 » by JWizmentality » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:03 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
I agree with all of this JWiz. The thing that stood out for me last night vs. OKC was how OLD we look. It is hard to see much positive in our future. At this point, we definitely appear to be the result of a delusion. EG made all his moves this offseason believing we were a coach and a bit of depth away from contending... what the injuries of the past few years hid was how the sad truth of age has crept up on us.

Having said that (and actually believing that), I'll try my best to pull myself off the ledge with this bit of forced optimism:
1. Gil has actually started attacking and finishing a little like old times in these past two games. Once he knocks the rust off and gets to know Flip's system, he'll be great again.
2. The team is tentative because they are still getting to know Flip's system and each other.
4. Someone unforeseen (DMAC, N1) will be forced into a major role and will end up being the lynchpin of a positive change.
5. We haven't seen all the permutations of this roster (Haywood and McGee starting anyone?)

Well, da*n, that was hard to type... I can't even figure out a way to believe my own nonsense.

That's another thing. This team was supposed to be DEEP!! Junk the short rotation Flip! It's not like we could get any worse than we are now. As bad as the youngins can be sometimes. They should not be registering DNPs!!! That's ridiculous!!

This is a professional league gaddamnit! I wish I could make six figures to sit on my ass and watch basketball games. :banghead:
RealGM

Post#74 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:08 am

long suffrin', one permutation that I want to see is Arenas, Foye, Jamison, McGee, and Haywood.

Bring Butler, Boykins, Blatche and Stevenson off the bench. Let Mike Miller have 3-4 weeks to heal!

I realize McGee is clueless out there. Blatche is more skilled. Caron is a proven player. However, what's obvious to me is this team's got a low basketball IQ and it's also getting beat by more athletic teams. The Wizards are not scoring inside. Not until McGee is in the game. I think McGee can score almost by accident.

The Wizards need to get as much size as possible in the game if they're not going to be a great passing and cutting team.

Let Blatche, Butler, whomever finish games, but get more players involved is what Flip needs to do.
Bye bye Beal.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#75 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:10 am

JWizmentality wrote:

That's another thing. This team was supposed to be DEEP!! Junk the short rotation Flip! It's not like we could get any worse than we are now. As bad as the youngins can be sometimes. They should not be registering DNPs!!! That's ridiculous!!

I can kind of understand Flip not playing the youngsters. He probably thinks the vets are still getting used to his offense and defensive schemes and playing with each other. Therefore, in his mind, even though they are struggling, he probably hopes that by playing them more minutes, they will gain better chemistry and they will start clickin'. The problem with his mindset, which is completely reasonable, is he hasn't realized that this team is made up of a bunch of undesciplined shot jackers...they always have been and will continue to be so.
RealGM

Post#76 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:12 am

JWizmentality wrote:

This is a professional league gaddamnit! I wish I could make six figures to sit on my ass and watch basketball games. :banghead:

+1
Bye bye Beal.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#77 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:15 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:long suffrin', one permutation that I want to see is Arenas, Foye, Jamison, McGee, and Haywood.

Bring Butler, Boykins, Blatche and Stevenson off the bench. Let Mike Miller have 3-4 weeks to heal!

I realize McGee is clueless out there. Blatche is more skilled. Caron is a proven player. However, what's obvious to me is this team's got a low basketball IQ and it's also getting beat by more athletic teams. The Wizards are not scoring inside. Not until McGee is in the game. I think McGee can score almost by accident.

The Wizards need to get as much size as possible in the game if they're not going to be a great passing and cutting team.

Let Blatche, Butler, whomever finish games, but get more players involved is what Flip needs to do.

CCJ. I was thinking along similar lines. Let either Butler or Jamison come off the bench where they can face 2nd line guys at the end of the 1st, beginning of the second. Let them become volume scorers for stretches... but for goodness sake, the current rotation (to the extent that there is one) features low bball IQ guys as well as mediocre athletes. At least let's try to create a mismatch here and there.
In Rizzo we trust
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#78 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 am

Depressing, that's it.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#79 » by keynote » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:14 am

I came home late and watched the game on DVR.

Oof. I agree with virtually all of the ranting/venting expressed earlier in the thread.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#80 » by keynote » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Nick Young gets a DNP-CD in a laugher. They even bring DeShawn back in during crunch time. (EDIT: I meant to say "garbage" time. There was no "crunch" time in this game whatsoever).

What is happening during practice, where Nick can't even smell the court during an ugly blowout like this?
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.

Return to Washington Wizards