ImageImageImageImageImage

Rogue Game thread - Wizards at Spurs

cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: Rogue Game thread - Wizards at Spurs 

Post#81 » by cdouglas » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:41 am

The team is in DENIAL! They still believe they're the "Big Three". Caron made a statement in a article last week about them being the Big Three. Unbelievable!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#82 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 am

cdouglas wrote:The team is in DENIAL! They still believe they're the "Big Three". Caron made a statement in a article last week about them being the Big Three. Unbelievable!

the chickens are coming home to roost. All this big three crap and gilbertology so many loved for so many years was not building a solid foundation. Changes still need to be made. I'm not giving up on flip and eg just yet. You can't erase five years of ej overnight. But so far flip is looking very ej.

Many issues are still on the table from cb or aj coming off the bench...to Gil playing sg to getting blatche in at starting of with Haywood.

Actually I'm still waiting to see one of cb or aj moved. At this point I'd make it cb.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#83 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 am

Ya' know i actually found myself relived when Miller went off with what looked like a minor ankle/calf injury early.

I kinda' said to myself "Well, at least he can rest the shoulder now..."

Come on Miller, take a rest, we don't want your blood on our hands!

Looks like about a month now.

Worst. Game. Thread. Ever.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#84 » by fishercob » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Sigh. Before the Cleveland game I thought 1-2 over the next three would be livable, 0-3 would be disastrous, and anythign better would be found money. 1-2 with a serious injury is pretty bad. If this team doesn't 180 within thr next 5 games, then it's time to h it the panic button. I'm not quite there yet.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#85 » by Zerocious » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:17 pm

watched the game in about 6 minutes on dvr, jumping 30 secs at a time. much easier to watch a drubing like that. mike miller injured himself all on his own. wiretap says he collided with arenas. they were no where near eachother. i hate steve buckhantz, worst.commentator.ever. does he even watch the game?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#86 » by closg00 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:Ya' know i actually found myself relived when Miller went off with what looked like a minor ankle/calf injury early.

I kinda' said to myself "Well, at least he can rest the shoulder now..."

Come on Miller, take a rest, we don't want your blood on our hands!

Looks like about a month now.

Worst. Game. Thread. Ever.

:nod: I'm hoping that with Miller out, that a rotation shake-up might be an elixir. On the other hadn, how much do you want to bet that the "vet" DeShawn will get most of Miller's time? :(
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#87 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:11 pm

fishercob wrote:Sigh. Before the Cleveland game I thought 1-2 over the next three would be livable, 0-3 would be disastrous, and anythign better would be found money. 1-2 with a serious injury is pretty bad. If this team doesn't 180 within thr next 5 games, then it's time to h it the panic button. I'm not quite there yet.

Big picture: Twelve games played and 70 to go. The Wizards are 3-9 and will need to get to approximately 41 wins to make the playoffs. They can still go 38-32 and make the playoffs. Very doable. Even if they lose the next three, they'd be 3-12 needing to go 38-29. Still doable, but not nearly as likely.

So, this can still be a playoff team. There is still PLENTY of time.

What's disturbing is the number of blowout losses and total lack of team cohesiveness. Particularly, how bad this team's been without Mike Miller on the court. In light of him missing 4-5 weeks, that would tend to spell disaster.

Also, the lack of answers Flip Saunders seems to have. He's not a miracle worker, I know, but the guy doesn't seem to know how to keep this team from getting blown out. Even EJ kept games closer than what we've seen this season. Wizards have three big wins but 7 or 8 blowout losses. Not good.

Without Miller this next 4 weeks, the season will be over by around Christmas if Flip doesn't find the right player(s) and the right players don't step up. I'm guessing thats aroud the 35 game mark. If they're roughly 12-23, that will mean they've gone 9-11 from today. Much improved, and will have to still play 29-18 to make the playoffs! Wow. :(

So, this season's pretty much on the line over the next 2-4 weeks. Something must change.

(Grunfeld, you need to pull the trigger on a deal.)
Bye bye Beal.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#88 » by no D in Hibachi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:30 pm

keynote wrote:Nick Young gets a DNP-CD in a laugher. They even bring DeShawn back in during crunch time. (EDIT: I meant to say "garbage" time. There was no "crunch" time in this game whatsoever).

What is happening during practice, where Nick can't even smell the court during an ugly blowout like this?

N1 didn't even dress last night. He couldn't have played anyways. Everyone who dressed played.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#89 » by mohammed10 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Big picture: Twelve games played and 70 to go. The Wizards are 3-9 and will need to get to approximately 41 wins to make the playoffs. They can still go 38-32 and make the playoffs. Very doable. Even if they lose the next three, they'd be 3-12 needing to go 38-29. Still doable, but not nearly as likely.

So, this can still be a playoff team. There is still PLENTY of time.

What's disturbing is the number of blowout losses and total lack of team cohesiveness. Particularly, how bad this team's been without Mike Miller on the court. In light of him missing 4-5 weeks, that would tend to spell disaster.

Also, the lack of answers Flip Saunders seems to have. He's not a miracle worker, I know, but the guy doesn't seem to know how to keep this team from getting blown out. Even EJ kept games closer than what we've seen this season. Wizards have three big wins but 7 or 8 blowout losses. Not good.

Without Miller this next 4 weeks, the season will be over by around Christmas if Flip doesn't find the right player(s) and the right players don't step up. I'm guessing thats aroud the 35 game mark. If they're roughly 12-23, that will mean they've gone 9-11 from today. Much improved, and will have to still play 29-18 to make the playoffs! Wow. :(

So, this season's pretty much on the line over the next 2-4 weeks. Something must change.

(Grunfeld, you need to pull the trigger on a deal.)

I'm sorry, CCJ, but many on this here board were not merely satisfied with playoffs. Many thought this was a top 4 team in the East (obviously, we have looked like nothing of the sort).

Playoffs may be a mere afterthought if we don't right the ship SOON.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#90 » by miller31time » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:41 pm

I'd rather completely miss the playoffs and get a top-10 pick then make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and get promptly knocked out in the 1st round against a superior opponent.

At least if we don't make the playoffs, there will be no excuses and we'll NEED to do something with this roster (ie: choose an actual direction as opposed to the half-competing, half-youth-movement we seem to have here).
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#91 » by omegatronic3 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Saunder better do some coaching real fast...but Arenas is not the same player he was and neither is Butler.

I agree with the opinion to bring either Butler or Jamison off the bench.

If Foye could make a shot I would be in favor of a foye / Arenas back court because we need a better decision maker out there. I think the best solution for saunder would be to princetonize his offense because even when we sucked we coult still score. we can score to save our lives and it seems like nobody is ever in rebounding position/
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#92 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 pm

miller31time wrote:I'd rather completely miss the playoffs and get a top-10 pick then make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and get promptly knocked out in the 1st round against a superior opponent.

At least if we don't make the playoffs, there will be no excuses and we'll NEED to do something with this roster (ie: choose an actual direction as opposed to the half-competing, half-youth-movement we seem to have here).

That is exactly my way of thinking too. Either a good playoff team that can win a round or more or no playoffs at all.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#93 » by DCZards » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:17 am

hands11 wrote:
You can't erase five years of ej overnight. But so far flip is looking very ej.

EJ has been gone for over a year...isn't it time you stop blaming him for what ails this team and franchise?

BTW, I expect EJ to get a very nice reception from the Wizard faithful when the sixers play the Zards on Tuesday.

Return to Washington Wizards