job back. N1 may not rebound like MM but he defends like a
demon.

Earl Boykins, what can you say. He turned the tide back
when MIA looked like they were going to break our
hearts, again.

Great bench play. Nice coaching. Great defense
as a team.

Oh, and Jamison did his usual thing.

Tomorrow should be interesting. CHA just beat CLE.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
GoneShammGone
Junior
And1: 168

Re: Official Game thread. Wiz vs Heat || Fri 27 @ 7pm 

Post#82 » by GoneShammGone » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:36 am

gowiz999 wrote:
RolloTommasi wrote:What happened to Arenas ???

benched for Boykins or injured ???

benched. Boykins is everything that Gilbert isn't. Plays good, smart basketball and knows how to distribute the ball.

Well, lets not get carried away with the Gil hate... he actually had an efficient game tonight: 4-7 with 5 assists and only 2 turnovers. Its true that Gil didn't play very good D on Chalmers, but overall he wasn't really that bad. He just wasn't that assertive.

But still its great to have another option at the point for a game when Gil is not killing. Its also nice to have a coach flexible enough (and secure enough) to sit Gil when the game situation calls for it.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#83 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:38 am

^ +1 on GilSham

80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#84 » by 80sballboy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:38 am

For the most part, Arenas doesn't need to score a lot of Young is shooting it well and you have Jamison and Butler. The worrisome thing is that he can't shoot it right now. Hopefully he'll get it back.

But my favorite part of the night is that Blatche, Young and McGee were all big contributors. For Nick, I think it's all about tough love. Sure, he should have played over DeBrck, but you do need to know the plays and show some professionalism. Javale needs minutes obviously. If he ever gets another 10-15 pounds and learns the game, he can take over for Haywood, assuming he leaves.

Boykins is not the future, Foye is not a point guard, and Gil doesn't show a lot of leadership there, so what do we do with that position?
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#85 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:39 am

Munson79rip wrote:
20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Are we better without Arenas? This is the second time that I can remember that Arenas simply didn't play in the fourth quarter because we play better without him.

And Nick Young has been playing very good defense in this game. Wait, what?

We were great last year without Arenas, weren't we?

Brendan Haywood. Ed Tapscott.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#86 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:39 am

where is everyone? I thought we'd have 10 pages up by now.

The streak is OVER.

Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#87 » by Hoopalotta » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:40 am

Great win all around and especially nice to see the defense come back around and the kids get involved. Nick Young was really locked in and Blatche is incredibly consistent now with his effort and decision making.
ErikChowbay023
Junior
And1: 3

Post#88 » by ErikChowbay023 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 am

Great Win,....GREAT DEFENSE...Thats what wins ball games...And we play hard for 48 minutes...

Onto Charlotte we have to come out the same way against them...They just beat Cleavland so cant take them likely..

I dont know about the rest of you but Nick Young locked D-Wade up all night... Also Gilbert played better, and we must give him time...come on guys, if he can play like he did vs Dallas, we know what he can do... he still is thinking to much... give him time to get acclimated he hasn't played in two years, is in a new role, asked to different things, and is extending himself on defense more than ever, All of you Gilbert haters need to give it a rest.. He s gonna go off sooner or later, he s to good not to.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#89 » by LyricalRico » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:42 am

First Blatche started proving me wrong and now Nick Young. Keep it up guys!

:clap:
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#90 » by 80sballboy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:42 am

Well, lets not get carried away with the Gil hate... he actually had an efficient game tonight: 4-7 with 5 assists and only 2 turnovers. Its true that Gil didn't play very good D on Chalmers, but overall he wasn't really that bad. He just wasn't that assertive.

But still its great to have another option at the point for a game when Gil is not killing. Its also nice to have a coach flexible enough (and secure enough) to sit Gil when the game situation calls for it.

Flip has a good memory. Look what happened against the Heat last time. Look what happened against the Sixers in the fourth quarter when he almost threw the game away. Add those factors to go along with his horrible defense and tenative play offensively, and Earl just played the game the way point guards should play. He drove the lane and kicked it back to wide open players. How many times do we see that other than when the Faciliator did it when he was healthy.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#91 » by JWizmentality » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:44 am

LyricalRico wrote:First Blatche started proving me wrong and now Nick Young. Keep it up guys!

:clap:

Now, if only we can get Dominic back. We'll be money! 8-)
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#92 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:44 am

80sballboy wrote:For the most part, Arenas doesn't need to score a lot of Young is shooting it well and you have Jamison and Butler. The worrisome thing is that he can't shoot it right now. Hopefully he'll get it back.

But my favorite part of the night is that Blatche, Young and McGee were all big contributors. For Nick, I think it's all about tough love. Sure, he should have played over DeBrck, but you do need to know the plays and show some professionalism. Javale needs minutes obviously. If he ever gets another 10-15 pounds and learns the game, he can take over for Haywood, assuming he leaves.

Boykins is not the future, Foye is not a point guard, and Gil doesn't show a lot of leadership there, so what do we do with that position?

Mike James (joking)

Critter

He won't need to be a scorer since N1/7DD/McGee will all score.

I like that McGee is making his impact defensively right now
but it was eerily Jamison-esque to see JM and 7DD make
those shots tonight.

omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#93 » by omegatronic3 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:45 am

wow two nice games in a row from Young....the most impressive was his D on Wade.
Arenas was getting lit by Chalmers....Boykins did a great job running the offense. With Arenas at point things just looked stagnant.

I think our second team is pretty strong so if Arenas and Butler could figure things out wed be in bussiness. I wish Foye would show something...so far he's not bringing much to the table.
Our best bet may be to move Arenas to the two...at least for stretches.

Lets see how Arenas reacts to sitting the 4th quarter
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#94 » by 80sballboy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:46 am

dont know about the rest of you but Nick Young locked D-Wade up all night... Also Gilbert played better, and we must give him time...come on guys, if he can play like he did vs Dallas, we know what he can do... he still is thinking to much... give him time to get acclimated he hasn't played in two years, is in a new role, asked to different things, and is extending himself on defense more than ever, All of you Gilbert haters need to give it a rest.. He s gonna go off sooner or later, he s to good

Sure but it's nice to see others contribute and a coach that now has an option in case he feels he needs to go to somebody who is closer to a true point guard.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#95 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 am

omegatronic3 wrote:wow two nice games in a row from Young....the most impressive was his D on Wade.
Arenas was getting lit by Chalmers....Boykins did a great job running the offense. With Arenas at point things just looked stagnant.

I think our second team is pretty strong so if Arenas and Butler could figure things out wed be in bussiness. I wish Foye would show something...so far he's not bringing much to the table.
Our best bet may be to move Arenas to the two...at least for stretches.

Lets see how Arenas reacts to sitting the 4th quarter

I think Gil will be fine with sitting since we won. What can he say?
We gotta game tomorrow night. Now he'll be fresher.

Neither Gil nor Caron are really clicking right now.
And we still won. Very hopeful signs.

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#96 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:52 am

Beautifully played and beautifully coached game!

Boykins all fourth quarter. Wizards were up 1 in the third when Boykins came in. Flip rode him the whole fourth. Wizards outscored them 27-20 with Boykins playing well at both ends. He made shots. He was a playmaker. He rebounded. Best of all, he defended Chalmers exceptionally well. Miami had no flow at all in the fourth.

Flip played a big froncourt with Jamison at SF, Blatche at PF, and Haywood at C. That lineup dominated the boards and Miami got nothing inside.

Flip stayed with Nick in the fourth. Nick played a superb offensive and defensive game.

Washington beat Miami by 10 in Miami, with the Heat doing their best! They came to play in the second half, got to within 1, but got stonewalled once Flip got Gil out of there and Caron for a while.

This was my favorite game of the year!
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM

Post#97 » by 80sballboy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:53 am

I thought Foye did a pretty good job until he got injured. He's your prototype backup combo guard who can score and not do much else. Right now, it seems like he lacks the explosion due to the ankle injury, but we will need him as a scorer off the bench.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#98 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:54 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Beautifully played and beautifully coached game!

Boykins all fourth quarter. Wizards were up 1 in the third when Boykins came in. Flip rode him the whole fourth. Wizards outscored them 27-20 with Boykins playing well at both ends. He made shots. He was a playmaker. He rebounded. Best of all, he defended Chalmers exceptionally well. Miami had no flow at all in the fourth.

Flip played a big froncourt with Jamison at SF, Blatche at PF, and Haywood at C. That lineup dominated the boards and Miami got nothing inside.

Flip stayed with Nick in the fourth. Nick played a superb offensive and defensive game.

Washington beat Miami by 10 in Miami, with the Heat doing their best! They came to play in the second half, got to within 1, but got stonewalled once Flip got Gil out of there and Caron for a while.

This was my favorite game of the year!

While it's awesome to end the streak vs MIA, in MIA no less, beating CLE has still
got to be the best. This is way up there though.

Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#99 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:55 am

No more hating on arenas, we won the damn game and broke the curse.....geeesh, some of u just can't ever be happy.REE

Curse broken.

Ill get on tomorrows game thread later tonight or early tomorrow. I'm on my way out.

THREE in a row
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#100 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:57 am

+1 Donk

no need to hate on Gil or Caron

we won