ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Sucky Flip Saunders Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Flip Saunders Thread 

Post#301 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 1:42 pm

Actually, Flip's constant reference to KG when talking about Blatche could be viewed as of a compliment in a certain way. I think Flip views Blatche's skill set similar to KG's and believes Blatche has the potential have the same success as KG. I think that is why he likes to compare the two. In Flip's mind, I am sure he is trying to encourage Blatche to look at KG and the way he approaches the game so Blatche can further grow as a player................that, and Flip has a man crush on Garnett. :wink:
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#302 » by verbal8 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 3:37 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:Actually, Flip's constant reference to KG when talking about Blatche could be viewed as of a compliment in a certain way. I think Flip views Blatche's skill set similar to KG's and believes Blatche has the potential have the same success as KG. I think that is why he likes to compare the two. In Flip's mind, I am sure he is trying to encourage Blatche to look at KG and the way he approaches the game so Blatche can further grow as a player................that, and Flip has a man crush on Garnett. :wink:

I see the comparisons on the Offensive end, both long skilled big men who can pass and score. However KG was far more athletic which made him a very intimidating defender. I think Blatche is a solid defender and has the ability to be a good defender, but I don't see him being a game changer the way Garnett was.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#303 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 2, 2010 10:27 pm

LyricalRico wrote:I don't think Flip is "amazingly sucky" but I have come to the conclusion that he's not the right coach for a rebuilding team. He was absolutely the right hire when we expected to compete this season, but now it's pretty clear they need to go in a different direction. The problem is I don't know if Ted wants to eat that contract.

I agree with this. Flip's been amazingly sucky IMO this season, but I think he's gotta be a decent NBA coach. He's just fixated on doing things his way.

Where I agree 100% is he's all wrong for this rebuilding team or any other young team.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#304 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 2, 2010 10:34 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:Actually, Flip's constant reference to KG when talking about Blatche could be viewed as of a compliment in a certain way. I think Flip views Blatche's skill set similar to KG's and believes Blatche has the potential have the same success as KG. I think that is why he likes to compare the two. In Flip's mind, I am sure he is trying to encourage Blatche to look at KG and the way he approaches the game so Blatche can further grow as a player................that, and Flip has a man crush on Garnett. :wink:

Just like I do go on and on (it was funny BTW :) ) so do you in your defense of Flip. You are sure he's trying to encourage Blatche? I wonder if Flip saw KG in the shower and developed a bond with him. Okay, bad attempt at humor .... but enough of the comparisons!

KG is KG and there's only one. That's a HOF player who was one of the best rebounders, best defenders, most intense players EVER. KG had an even higher skill level to Blatche but with athleticism approaching that of Javale. Morph Andray's game with Javale's athleticism and that's pretty much Garnett at his best (but McGee's and Blatche are both bigger than KG!).

dandridge, you might be right that Flip's trying to motivate but what I hear him do is talk down his own player publicly INSTEAD OF SAYING PUBLICLY that Blatche or McGee can develop in some ways like KG did.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards