ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread - New Orleans at Wizards 1pm Sunday

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Lucrazi28
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Game Thread - New Orleans at Wizards 1pm Sunday 

Post#61 » by Lucrazi28 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 pm

well its ya booy lu.. dang.. the wiz lose this one...why?
well simple... First of all it wasnt the coaching fault so you can take that out. :roll:
The wiz players just made unforced annoying turnovers in this game. and caron has to learn how to be more unselfish with the basketball. :-? numerous times on the break, he would just run over players and get called for charging, and bad shots. For ex: On the break earl boykins was wide open under the basket, and he just ran over posey.wtf...also he drives the lane and a WIDE OPEN nick young IN THE CORNER!!! :o and just didnt see him... If the wiz are gonna make a run, they HAVE to patch up there unforced turnover problems...dang...just fustrating.... :evil: Its a shame, cause the wiz play SO WELL against another good team... :x :(
AlohaWiz
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#62 » by AlohaWiz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:52 pm

hands11 wrote:
RolloTommasi wrote:is Mike Miller injured ????

Just heard them say in post game that be tweaked it. Nice....

Looking for a silver lining here, but if this is a nagging injury to MM's calf that keeps him on and off the court, then it should diminish his fair market value and give the Wiz a better chance to retain him.

Especially if Leonsis takes over, comes in and convinces the solid players such as MM & Haywood to stay with the team.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#63 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 am

Lucrazi28 wrote:well its ya booy lu.. dang.. the wiz lose this one...why?
well simple... First of all it wasnt the coaching fault so you can take that out. :roll:
The wiz players just made unforced annoying turnovers in this game. and caron has to learn how to be more unselfish with the basketball. :-? numerous times on the break, he would just run over players and get called for charging, and bad shots. For ex: On the break earl boykins was wide open under the basket, and he just ran over posey.wtf...also he drives the lane and a WIDE OPEN nick young IN THE CORNER!!! :o and just didnt see him... If the wiz are gonna make a run, they HAVE to patch up there unforced turnover problems...dang...just fustrating.... :evil: Its a shame, cause the wiz play SO WELL against another good team... :x :(

Yeah, the coach had no control over whether to play Caron or not. The coach wanted to sit Caron for not passing on the break and throwing-up contested jumpers early in the shot clock but he had no control.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#64 » by Hoopalotta » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:10 am

nate33 wrote:Props to Foye as well. If he continues to play well at PG, he may be worth retaining this offseason. His free agency situation will be a lot less tricky than Miller or Haywood because he's a restricted free agent. He can't leave even if he wants to. As long as the offer sheet is reasonable, we can match and retain him.

I was thinking that too actually.

The thing with him is, despite what some might say after the finger pistol incident, the guy is incredibly solid in his approach and attitude. So just that right there makes him a net value for us. Obviously he's not a guy who could have come to our roster this summer and stepped into any kind of leadership role, but I think he could be a leader on a young team due to his overall positivity and professionalism.

He has limitations, and the long two's off the dribble with a foot on the line are pretty bad, but I think he's a voice that could facilitate development. Also, he's flexible enough to play two positions which is good as we continue to get youngsters plugged in the backcourt, so it's not like we just draft some guy and Foye's out of the rotation.

Something in the neighborhood of the Deshawn contract, maybe a little higher? I think that could well be worth it as he'd be great insurance to avoid a New Jersey type situation. Tanking is one thing, but imploding to the point where the locker room's toxic is another.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#65 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:29 am

^
Foye looked good two games in a row, and this time his shot was dropping better. He looks more confident, which may be a function of certainty that he can't be easily yanked, and maybe has something to do with Miller's return as well. He certainly has more defensive focus and is willing to use his body. I wish Butler would have more confidence in him and stop trying to be a point forward.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#66 » by verbal8 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:35 pm

I think Foye is looking a lot like a better version of Juan Dixon. Foye is a better passer and shooter. Foye is not as challenged with ball handling or defense as Dixon was, but those are weaknesses in his game.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#67 » by AceDegenerate » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Great. A better version of JUAN DIXON. That's exactly the kind of player I was thinking of getting when the Wizards won 19 games last season. :roll:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#68 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Krizko Zero wrote:Great. A better version of JUAN DIXON. That's exactly the kind of player I was thinking of getting when the Wizards won 19 games last season. :roll:

A bigger, stronger Michael Ruffin to go with him and this team will be ready to rock.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#69 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 pm

montestewart wrote:
Krizko Zero wrote:Great. A better version of JUAN DIXON. That's exactly the kind of player I was thinking of getting when the Wizards won 19 games last season. :roll:

A bigger, stronger Michael Ruffin to go with him and this team will be ready to rock.

WHAT? Bigger and stronger than Michael Ruffin? NO, NOT POSSIBLE, NOT POSSIBLE!
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#70 » by verbal8 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:04 pm

One thing I have noticed about the Wizards games recently is they basically play 3 quarters even or close and then seem to most of the time lose the game in the 4th.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#71 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:30 pm

verbal8 wrote:One thing I have noticed about the Wizards games recently is they basically play 3 quarters even or close and then seem to most of the time lose the game in the 4th.

That's a familiar model for the Wizards. There are various reasons behind this (like the other team is just better), but often it seems that the players in at crunch time are tired because they played too many minutes. Other than Paul, no one on NO played over 33 minutes; for the Wizards, the five players on the floor at the end averaged 39 minutes.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,302

Post#72 » by dobrojim » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 pm

re Wiz loyalty

can anyone of our season tix holders verify that their names go up
on the screen on their BDs. My kids seemed to think we had to pay
something for that to happen (this was before we were full plan
holders). I was at the game Sunday, my BD, and my name didn't
go up. I'm wondering if my remarks to the media had anything
to do with that or if I'm being paranoid.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#73 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:21 pm

dobrojim wrote:re Wiz loyalty

:lol: HAHAHA, they are phasing you out!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#74 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 pm

verbal8 wrote:One thing I have noticed about the Wizards games recently is they basically play 3 quarters even or close and then seem to most of the time lose the game in the 4th.

My guess is that this is perception more so than reality. I can't find a link that actually tabulates scoring by quarter, but my sense is that we make just as many second half comebacks, as second half collapses. People just tend to remember the disappointments more.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#75 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:46 pm

dobrojim wrote:re Wiz loyalty

I wouldn't give them my birthday when they asked, as I don't want to be up on the screen. My frequent response to many conspiracy theories is something to the effect of, "That assumes the so-called conspirators are competent enough to pull that off."

I ran into my ticket rep at the Magic game and told him I was happy with my seats but not real happy with the team. I didn't give him a hard time as there were others there with questions about the team, and he's a nice guy. Last year I wrote him (related to my ticket renewal) a pretty detailed critique mostly regarding riding the vets, not giving enough PT to the rookies, and the general direction of the team, and he wasn't too evasive (considering his position) regarding the comments. If they actually punished fans for voicing their views, that could have some serious backlash.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#76 » by montestewart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:48 pm

nate33 wrote:

My guess is that this is perception more so than reality. I can't find a link that actually tabulates scoring by quarter, but my sense is that we make just as many second half comebacks, as second half collapses. People just tend to remember the disappointments more.

That could be true too. What sticks in my mind recently is the collapses after the half, and that might be selective memory as well.

Return to Washington Wizards