Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Re: 1/20 - Wiz/ Dal GT 

Post#81 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 pm

hands11 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Pradamaster wrote:Figured you guys wanted to see this.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/1/20 ... just-short

Flip saying that wasn't the play they drew up, Caron kind of saying it was.

I WANT GRAPE DRINK OFF MY TEAM!!! :curse:

No doubt. I was there. The both was pumped then THE PLAY happened. My prediction of the 3-0 run was in hand was a couple more winnable games ahead of us. But this is the kind of year CB is having. He to often has been super CB. Able to drive right over people for an offensive charge on any given play.

My jaw hit the floor and my arms went out like WTF was that.

It was the so lame. This was so mental. So Gilish. So ME

One one hand you have an overly unselfish player like MM and on the other extreme you have CB breaking from what the coach draws up to do his own thing. There is no room for that on a TEAM.
That last shot wouldn't have even been an issue unless everyone who pitch in did. Haywood had 18 rebounds and was 6-11 ( feed the post ) Foye was 9-14 and 6-6 from the line from A combination of drives and outside shots 2-3 from 3 ( get him the ball ).

Yeah, CB pitched in also but he with 7-20 and 6-18 from the line he wasn't the hottest player so he wasn't the best option.

The ball should have went to MM. He is the one I trust the most to do the right thing with it.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM CB. You have a HEAD COACH for a reason. Run the play that was called or find somewhere else to play because we needed that win and you not only blow it but totally blow it. What choice of moves was about a 1 on a scale of 1-10. It was even close to good. It was terrible.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... rdsinsider

Not smart basketball, but it's become part of the entrenched mentality of what was formerly "The Trio".
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#82 » by AceDegenerate » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 pm

There is not a shred of a chance Haywood is on this team next year. He's had one foot out the door all season long, and he is the only bright spot in all this mess.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#83 » by Hoopalotta » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Tax issues and resigning them in view of the team record says NO.

I would still prefer Stephen Curry on a rookie deal and DeJuan Butler in round two, with no cap/resigning worries, 10 times out of 10 over the draft day trade.

Yeah, that pretty well says it. Curry's been playing pretty well and while not a real point guard, he's actually improving his production as the season progresses.

Songaila was traded for an expiring later in the summer too.

I like Foye pretty well, but using the pick would have been a good move.

At least Evans was already off the board, that's the good news. :-?
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#84 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Flip came out and said the play was called for Foye and Butler broke it off, and because he did they couldn't make space for him and he had nowhere to go.

Odd that Flip went public with this...
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#85 » by AceDegenerate » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Great, so Foye would have dribbled off his foot at the buzzer instead of Butler being blocked. Big difference.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#86 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Remember when Scottie Pippen wouldn't get off the bench because the last second shot wasn't called for him?

God, it's like being a kindergarten teacher sometimes.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,601

Post#87 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

zonker... your avatar never gets old. don't ever change it.
Bullets -> Wizards
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#88 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

Oh memory of the big three crap that used to be posted about so often. And my rants about killing the big three idea that went over so well. Those were the good old days. :)

Flip may have called him out publicly because he desired it. If he hadn't (1) we would have been complaining and blaming Flip instead (2) sometimes exposing someone publicly gets their attention. CB obviously wasn't listening to what he said in private.

This should actually go in the Flip Flips out thread. I like that he isn't keeping everything hidden. He called them out their D commitment and look at how hard they played in that Dallas game.

CB should be embarrassed. That was a selfish move. He let his whole team down. A public flogging is due. Had he run the play that was called and he missed, we wouldn't be on him about it.

I think we are getting closer to what I have long waited for. The standard is TEAM, not ME and not Big Three. Either get with the program or go play somewhere else. And no one shows it more then MM.

Return to Washington Wizards