Game Thread - Wiz vs LAC

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Game Thread - Wiz vs LAC 

Post#81 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:21 am

McGee can't grab a rebound?

How is it that he grabbed 9.3 rebounds per36 minutes over 1143 minutes and 75 games played last season? (Jamison grabbed 8.0--I know he had to shoot a lot, but still McGee and Blatche grabbed more rebounds per minute).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2009.html

In fact, McGee still grabs more rebounds per minute over his career than Jamison.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... eja01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... san01.html

The bottom line is McGee is much taller, gets up much higher, and with minutes played would be a very good rebounder and shotblocker, and scorer, too.
Bye bye Beal.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#82 » by willbcocks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 am

He grabbed more rebounds per minute than a 6'9 SF/PF tweener during one of his two pro seasons? Super duper.

Last year he showed promise but didn't bulk up in the offseason and isn't doing much when put in the game. Seriously, right now he's just jumping for blocks and getting out of position on defense and for rebounds.

I would prefer Flip give him more minutes, if only because this season is a lost cause. But I don't know what Mcgee looks like in practice, shoot-arounds or the weight-room. Maybe he's busting his ass and not getting recognized. Maybe Flip recognizes he's not busting his ass. I don't know--so I have trouble criticizing Flip for not playing someone who has played so poorly.

I rode in the front of the Kwame train with Dat and a few others, and if anything Mcgee reminds me of Kwame right or Blatche before this year. No one is gonna turn the light on for him--he's gotta do it himself in practice and in the time he's given.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#83 » by dandridge 10 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote:CCJ, I've been one of those that have disagreed with you in the past about Flip and I still do. But you know what, I don't even care enough anymore to argue with you. If it makes you sleep better at night thinking this pathetic season is due to Flip, then have at it. At this point, all I am hoping is that Leonsis takes over and cleans house from top to bottom...I'm convinced that is the only way that this loser of a franchise will ever turn this thing around.

Flip has continued to play the same people in games where the team scores around 85 points.

Specifically, in a very weak east this Wizards team could have at least 5 or 6 more wins if not for Flip Saunders PATHETIC coaching. You don't have the energy to argue because all you say is you disagree. I can tell you what he hasn't tried, and only speculate about the outcome. All I have is all you have--an opinion.

I think Flip's reputation and winning from the past say he's a good coach.

I think the team's record and the way the lose say he's doing a terrible job. He's alienated young players and lost with veteran shotjackers. I think the man has been so bad that those who defend him simply cannot be convinced otherwise. Just like Lyrical thinking Grunfeld's done a good job, they cannot accept being wrong.

Flip is the one who changed the system and his system has not worked for this personnel. Yet, he keeps losing with Jamison and Butler and Stevenson and Oberto. The man has no clue IMO.

CCJ, I didn't say I didn't have enough energy to argue...I said I didn't care enough to argue and I still don't. You have your opinion and I have mine. Soon enough, hopefully you will get your wish and the youngsters will be playing more because both Jamison and Caron will be gone. And then we'll see how this team does.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#84 » by keynote » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks, BTH. Your quote is my new sig.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#85 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm

A good read from the Clippers POV regarding their in-game strategy etc.
http://clipperblog.com/2010/01/24/clipp ... ington-78/
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#86 » by BigA » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Toward the end it looked like they were relying on Mike James to shoot them back into it. Not a good sign.

Return to Washington Wizards