ImageImageImageImageImage

Andray Blatche - Resurgence Thread ( Merged )

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Re: Andray Blatche - Resurgence Thread ( Merged ) 

Post#1181 » by sfam » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:47 am

MJG wrote:
JonathanJoseph wrote:Blatche has been putrid, but the focus and hatred on him is not productive. EVERYONE has been bad and focusing that ire on Blatche is not productive. So unless you are hating on Wall and McGee too, give it a rest.

Nothing posted on this board is productive.

What exactly are we supposed to be producing? Especially after a performance like tonight, all we produce is bitterness - the forum is our place to vent. That's the production.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#1182 » by jivelikenice » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:24 am

JonathanJoseph wrote:Blatche has been putrid, but the focus and hatred on him is not productive. EVERYONE has been bad and focusing that ire on Blatche is not productive. So unless you are hating on Wall and McGee too, give it a rest.

He needs to play better (and he should/will) so that he has some trade value around the deadline.

Wall's in year 2...Blatche is in year 7. Blatche has worn out his welcome and deserves to be scrutinized like this given his time in the league. In year 7 the mistakes hes making are not acceptable. Shooting 26% at 7 foot is unacceptable.
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Post#1183 » by The Fax » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:34 am

mohammed10 wrote:
The Fax wrote:Please please please go away Blatche. I am tired of his idiotic shot selection and horrific defense. If only there was a way we could have wiped him off the books and gotten him off the team...oh there's an amnesty clause you say? Smh.

Hmmm...maybe it's time to retile this thread?

Retile?
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#1184 » by MJG » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:38 am

sfam wrote:
MJG wrote:

Nothing posted on this board is productive.

What exactly are we supposed to be producing? Especially after a performance like tonight, all we produce is bitterness - the forum is our place to vent. That's the production.

I don't think this board should be producing anything. It's a message board. That was my point: saying that people shouldn't bash Blatche because it's not productive is silly, because, well, what exactly could we be posting instead that WOULD be productive?
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#1185 » by tontoz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:54 pm

MJG wrote:I don't think this board should be producing anything. It's a message board. That was my point: saying that people shouldn't bash Blatche because it's not productive is silly, because, well, what exactly could we be posting instead that WOULD be productive?

JoJo's idea of productive is endlessly bashing the Arenas trade.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,299

Post#1186 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Alright folks, let's stop attacking each other and stick to attacking Wizards players, coaches and management.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#1187 » by closg00 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Is anyone on the board willing to give Blatche one more chance under a new coach and system? I am holding-back a little on the throw-the-bums out cry until we can see this group led by a coach the players will respond to and want to work hard for. Blatche could be much more serviceable playing under a different system
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#1188 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 pm

closg00 wrote:Is anyone on the board willing to give Blatche one more chance under a new coach and system? I am holding-back a little on the throw-the-bums out cry until we can see this group led by a coach the players will respond to and want to work hard for. Blatche could be much more serviceable playing under a different system

No no and no. The system didn't make him come in out of shape. He is a lazy bum who needs to be shipped out.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Re: Re: Andray Blatche - Resurgence Thread ( Merged ) 

Post#1189 » by sfam » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Wizards2Lottery wrote:
closg00 wrote:Is anyone on the board willing to give Blatche one more chance under a new coach and system? I am holding-back a little on the throw-the-bums out cry until we can see this group led by a coach the players will respond to and want to work hard for. Blatche could be much more serviceable playing under a different system

No no and no. The system didn't make him come in out of shape. He is a lazy bum who needs to be shipped out.

That's the issue. 7 year players should not still be looking at the offseason as one long spring break. Blatche will never act like a professional. His words today are like me at the beginning of the new year promising myself that I'll work out regularly. If he's waiting till now to even start thinking them, he's just not serious, nor will he be tomorrow.

EDIT: I of course really will start working out regularly :)
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1190 » by Nivek » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm not willing to wait and see what Blatche might do under a new coach. Trade him. Let someone else "reach him." Start changing the team's culture now.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1191 » by Ruzious » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Retile the Wizards!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#1192 » by Dat2U » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm completely done with Blatche. This year was his year of "No Excuses".

And he came in fat with no muscle definition at all. He looks even slower than ever.

Then to top it off his effort on both sides of the court have been absolutely terrible. I can deal with the shaky performance. I can't deal with the lack of effort.

Either trade him for an expiring or bench him now (maybe even send him home) and amnesty him at the end of the year.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1193 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:58 pm

The one chance I would give him at this point is at center. Let him use that big ass to clear out some bodies. He doesn't jump so he won't get fooled on pump fakes. I think he can still be useful at center.

So sad. Dray could have been so much better then this at PF.

Just a bad combination events between Dray and this franchise that have lead us here.
The kid was never a great leaper but at least at 22 and 23 youth gave him a little quickness. But that leaves us all as we enter into the mid twenties and latter. From there, you need to work harder to keep it. Sadly, he uses the season to get in shape. That is why he looks better at the end of the year.

Drays body is just going to break down more and more from here. The only thing that can save his career is a serious P90x bootcamp and strike diet change. An awakening. That was the chance I thought he deserved. This was the one more year. So far, he has failed. It doesn't look like he did the work I wanted to see from him in the offseason and it looks like the shoulder is still bother him.

But its ok. Jesely will out play him and replace him in the starting line up. If he doesn't want to do what he needs to do, then he will get replaced by those who will. I think a lot of people miss what Ernie did this last draft. He didnt draft two SFs. He drafted a PF, a defensive SF and a back up PG.

Dray finally is going to have competition. We just haven't seen it yet.

As soon as Jesely is activated to the roster, this team will start to play better. Nick is already starting and he wont look that bad very often. Plus Mason will help at SG.

We have seen some ugly ball in three games but I dont think it will look that bad all season. Players like will start to gel.

Wall, Nick, Crawford, Mason and Mack is a good guard line up.

Singleton and Lewis are ok at SF Still need a scoring slasher. Might need to bring back Owens

Its PF and C that needs worked out and if you move Dray to center then

McGee, Dray and Ronny is fine for center.

That leave PF wide open and that is where Jesely will need to save the day.

Once the line ups look more like this, they will play better. This is what I have been posting in the rotations thread and it is where I think they need to be. Or with McGee starting. Either way. Oh, and now Mo is out so Roger behind Nick.

Wall/Craw/Mack
Nick/Mo Evans/Mason
Singleton/Lewis/Owens
Vesely/Booker/Seraphin
Dray/McGee/Ronny/Hamady

or

Wall/Craw/Mack
Nick/Mason/Mack/Craw
Lewis/Singleton/Owens
Vesely/Booker/Seraphin
Dray/McGee/Ronny/Hamady

The first 10 games are going to be the ugliest until they get here.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#1194 » by FAH1223 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Vesley isn't a PF LOOOOOL
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#1195 » by Nivek » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 pm

Exactly right dat. Blatche looks like he's playing in slow motion. It's embarrassing when he gets the ball in the post -- which is where he says he wants it. He dribbles and fakes and is easily cut off. So he ends up throwing up some garbage fadeaway. And he got burned on a simple "clear the area" cut down the lane from Ilyasova. That cut rarely results in anything in the NBA because it's done to clear space for someone else to operate -- not to get a layup. Except when Blatche is defending.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#1196 » by tontoz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Last season i was willing to trade Blatche for a pizza. Now i would settle for just breadsticks.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#1197 » by go'stags » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Not only that, Nivek, but his "post ups" always end up 20 feet from the basket. I think I could push him out of where he wants to be, if not me then a workout guru like Induveca for sure. That way, even if he does manage to beat a Spencer Hawes or ZaZa off the dribble, by the time he gets to the rim someone has been waiting for him for what seems like forever. Trade him. Cut him. Bench him. I honestly don't care at this point.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#1198 » by Nivek » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Blatche really doesn't post up. He stands near the low block and steps out to catch the pass. Which puts him 20 feet from the hoop. He doesn't establish position on the block and pin the defender so that he can receive the ball and make a move.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#1199 » by queridiculo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:57 pm

This Blatche at center suggestion that gets thrown around on occasion is quite funny. If he can't cut at PF because he's afraid of contact what makes you think that he'll cut it at the position that requires even more physical play??
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#1200 » by mohammed10 » Sun Jan 1, 2012 12:00 am

The Fax wrote:
Retile?

Oops - I meant * retitle *

:oops:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling

Return to Washington Wizards