ImageImageImageImageImage

Josh Howard out for the season

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

ZB9
Sixth Man
And1: 696

Re: And the injury curse strikes its newest victim: Josh Howard 

Post#61 » by ZB9 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Gilfanatic123 wrote: I think that we need to do something to lift this curse. I believe that until we lift this curse we might not be able to be a team (in the sense that we have all the complete players, and, everyone healthy) again until it's lifted. Is there anything we can do to lift it?

ya'll should change your name back to the Bullets...that would lift the curse
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#62 » by DaRealHibachi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm

ZB9 wrote:
Gilfanatic123 wrote: I think that we need to do something to lift this curse. I believe that until we lift this curse we might not be able to be a team (in the sense that we have all the complete players, and, everyone healthy) again until it's lifted. Is there anything we can do to lift it?

ya'll should change your name back to the Bullets...that would lift the curse

:nod:
:beer: Magnumt
BYRDMAN RULZ
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#63 » by BYRDMAN RULZ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 pm

In the words of Bill Walton "unbelieeeeevable!" This could only happen to Washington. :banghead:
mcaul55
Senior
And1: 33

Re: Josh Howard out for the season 

Post#64 » by mcaul55 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Rafael122 wrote: Like someone else said, his option isn't going to be picked up. This probably means Howard could sign for less than the MLE now considering this is a 12-18 month injury.

Hahaha are you on the Wizards medical staff? He tore his ACL, he didn't get his leg ripped off, 6-9 months tops, some people can recover after 4 months.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#65 » by hands11 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 pm

torn ACL in his left knee

Wow, called that in the game chat..... Just didn't look good the way the knee buckled.

I was kind of hoping I was wrong though... DAMNNNNN. J Howard.

OUT OF THE HOUSE.

Well Mr Dray... It's all your party now brother ... Well Dray and Singleton...

AT should get plenty of shots now also.

Time to start rolling that D Leaguer up.
GhostOfKwame
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#66 » by GhostOfKwame » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 am

I feel bad that part of me, well much of me wanted this. Howard was balling and deserved a lot better. Dunno for sure how I should feel, I mean he's already filthy rich, so it's not quite tragic, but it does cost him millions. I'm happy it increases our chances to lose... for that I feel like a total POS. Knowing this franchise we'll probably still find a way to go close to .500 or better the rest of the way.
SaintofKillers
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Post#67 » by SaintofKillers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 am

I feel bad for him. It seems like he could never catch a break with all the injuries. And a torn ACL this time? Wow.
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#68 » by omegatronic3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 am

CURSE O LEZ BOULLEZ.....................
This has happened soooo many times its not even comical at this point

Someone should do a study and see just how many injuries we have compared to other teams.
Then look at the history of newly acquired players or franchise players.
hands11
Banned User

Post#69 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 am

But what kind of funny is that Im stiill excited to watch the next game and still think we can win.

What does that say ?
hands11
Banned User

Post#70 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 am

Or maybe not.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#71 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 am

I'm excited for tomorrow night's game, although it is with guarded optimism. Not the same feeling I had going into the Chicago game, but hey they shocked me winning that game after Howard went down and being down by 10 at half. They sure are fun to watch at least.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 921

Post#72 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

I feel bad for you guys for all those injuries. On the other hand this should be a tanking season and used to develop younger players.

To those mentioning Josh's recent (or long) injury history: As far as I know all those injuries were caused by his ankles and wrists (and he had a major ankle surgery to repair the ankle).
BadMojo
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#73 » by BadMojo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:03 pm

I know I'm a little late but sorry to hear about Howard.

I don't know how this will affect your team this season or what the Wizards intend to do with Howard in the long run but I hate to see anyone get seriously injured in sports.

I hope all goes well in his rehab.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#74 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:10 pm

out 6-8 months? OUCH! wiz should let this guy walk.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#75 » by MJG » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:out 6-8 months? OUCH! wiz should let this guy walk.

Not that I want to keep him, but 6-8 months means he'll be back right around next year's tip off, so if that time line sticks, it really shouldn't affect next season much if at all.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#76 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am

MJG wrote:
zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:out 6-8 months? OUCH! wiz should let this guy walk.

Not that I want to keep him, but 6-8 months means he'll be back right around next year's tip off, so if that time line sticks, it really shouldn't affect next season much if at all.

Yeah. Hopefully, he'll be able to shoot a bit and walk through some of the offensive sets during training camp, and then be ready to play either on opening day or within 10-15 games afterwards.

In a way, there just might be a silver lining. His injury could scare off other free agency suitors, which might lower his price tag a bit.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#77 » by verbal8 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm

I think the combination of the torn ACL and his previous ankle issue will really hurt his free agency. The best for both him and the Wizards might be a 2 year deal between 2 to 3 million a year with the player option for the second year. If it works out the Wizards get a decent SF for next year. If it doesn't the cost is not that high.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#78 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah, I'm convinced that - no matter what the plan is next season - it makes sense to sign Howard to a multi-year contract. Even if the plan is to tank, he's probably not going to be 100% for a chunk of the year. Because his price will be low, getting him would not get in the way of making any other moves. This is a guy who's had tremendous +/- numbers for a winning team - the previous 3 seasons were +8.1, +9.1, and +7.1. He was +24.9 in his brief stay here. The Wiz have a LONG way to go to be a contender, and he can speed up the process and let them focus on getting a big and backcourt help.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#79 » by yungal07 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:Yeah, I'm convinced that - no matter what the plan is next season - it makes sense to sign Howard to a multi-year contract. Even if the plan is to tank, he's probably not going to be 100% for a chunk of the year. Because his price will be low, getting him would not get in the way of making any other moves. This is a guy who's had tremendous +/- numbers for a winning team - the previous 3 seasons were +8.1, +9.1, and +7.1. He was +24.9 in his brief stay here. The Wiz have a LONG way to go to be a contender, and he can speed up the process and let them focus on getting a big and backcourt help.

Exactly. Resigning him would be buy the Wizards some time in having to upgrade the position. My guess is that this offseason's goals will focus on upgrading our bigman rotation.

If you can sign JHo to a 3 yr, 3 mil deal, thats a no-brainer. Especially when you still have Thornton to back him up.

Return to Washington Wizards