ImageImageImageImageImage

Your franchise has no pride

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Your franchise has no pride 

Post#121 » by AceDegenerate » Mon Mar 1, 2010 1:01 am

And then I follow up my own post with another, just for the sake of it cause I'm so cool.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#122 » by Ed Wood » Mon Mar 1, 2010 1:34 am

Krizko Zero wrote:
Hoopalotta wrote:Mabye it wouldn't be a person, it would be more like a force a nature. 'A poor-man's version of a plague of locusts', something like that.

Better chill with the border-line insults. It's against the TOS and Super-Mod may be here soon to suspend you.

Dying is easy, comedy is hard.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#123 » by miller31time » Mon Mar 1, 2010 1:34 am

Krizko Zero wrote:
Hoopalotta wrote:Mabye it wouldn't be a person, it would be more like a force a nature. 'A poor-man's version of a plague of locusts', something like that.

Better chill with the border-line insults. It's against the TOS and Super-Mod may be here soon to suspend you.

Why are you acting like such a prick? Be respectful, don't insult others' fandom (as you did with Ruzious) and there's no problem. You don't seem to get that very simple rule.

It seems as if just about everyone on this board has a dislike for you because of the way you handle yourself so don't for a minute try to push your own responsibility of acting like a mature adult on me.

Shape up or I WILL turn into super-authoritative mod (which is laughable if you know anything about me) and have you banned. I'm absolutely done with your act.

PS: Locking this topic. The board has had their fun with the OP.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#124 » by dobrojim » Fri May 14, 2010 4:17 pm

bump - wonder where chubby is
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter
And1: 20

Post#125 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Sat May 15, 2010 10:37 am

I'm here. What's up?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,184

Post#126 » by Zonkerbl » Sat May 15, 2010 11:44 am

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:Helping out Cleveland by releasing Ilgauskas after they beat the crap out of you in the playoff year after year?

What is the rationale behind that? And don't say it's because of money either. To an NBA franchise, a couple of millions of dollar is a price well worth it to show its' fanbase that they still have some sort of dignity. Instead, your franchise opt to send Jamison and Ilgauskas to Cleveland while at the same time sending Butler and Haywood to Dallas for a broken down former undrafted swingman.

All of that after the Arenas and Crittenton fiasco that robbed you of your respectability.

If you think what happened to the New York Knicks under Isiah Thomas was bad, wait until you see what will happen to your sorry excuse of a franchise.

Let's discuss this post in the context of current events.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#127 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Sat May 15, 2010 11:58 am

Zonkerbl wrote:
chubby_1_kenobi wrote:Helping out Cleveland by releasing Ilgauskas after they beat the crap out of you in the playoff year after year?

What is the rationale behind that? And don't say it's because of money either. To an NBA franchise, a couple of millions of dollar is a price well worth it to show its' fanbase that they still have some sort of dignity. Instead, your franchise opt to send Jamison and Ilgauskas to Cleveland while at the same time sending Butler and Haywood to Dallas for a broken down former undrafted swingman.

All of that after the Arenas and Crittenton fiasco that robbed you of your respectability.

If you think what happened to the New York Knicks under Isiah Thomas was bad, wait until you see what will happen to your sorry excuse of a franchise.

Let's discuss this post in the context of current events.

My first sentence sums up my distaste toward the Wizards franchise.
Just to make it clear, the Jamison trade was fine for me. It was salary dump, every team going through rebuilding process do it.
The release of Ilagauskas afterward was the one that doesn't make sense.
I've heard arguments here to rationalize the move and though it may sound valid for any other franchise, they are not valid toward rivals.
Yes, yes, I'm not being financially or politically astute about it but sports are where emotions pour in, so why is it so hard for Wizards fans to understand that rivals are not supposed to help each other, they're supposed to tear each other's heart out in anyway possible and anytime.

What's a better way to send a big "F U !" to Cleveland by refusing to release Ilgauskas?
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#128 » by dangermouse » Sat May 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Why keep him? We werent going anywhere this season where he would be needed. He would have just eaten up important developmental minutes for McGee and we wouldnt have had a chance to see what we had with Singleton.

The Wiz released him. The Wiz didnt control what he did from there. He could have retired, he could have gone on to play for the White Sox, he could have even signed with the Nets. There was no guarantee he would sign with the Cavs. He could have signed with any other team, any other contender (i cant remember which teams were actually viable destinations from a contractual point of view), but he chose to sign with the Cavs. Probably partly due to loyalty and partly due to them being the best team in the league at that time and partly because of familiarity with the team, coaches, staff and its a real hassle having to get your mail forwarded on to your new address when you move.

I'm not sure if keeping him to ourselves and not letting him resign was a big F U to cleveland. He didnt seem to help much in the post season from what i saw, but that was more the coach's fault. I think it would have been more of an F U to Ilgauskas. He seems like a nice bloke, why would you want to do that?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#129 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Sat May 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Why keep him? We werent going anywhere this season where he would be needed. He would have just eaten up important developmental minutes for McGee and we wouldnt have had a chance to see what we had with Singleton.

You don't think Mcgee or Singleton can pick up a thing or two from Ilgauskas 12 years experience in the league? You don't think seeing a professional like that in practice and in game will help the maturity process of the youngsters?
Development is not just about playing time, you know. It's also about having a good role model/mentor to learn from.
The Wiz released him. The Wiz didnt control what he did from there. He could have retired, he could have gone on to play for the White Sox, he could have even signed with the Nets. There was no guarantee he would sign with the Cavs.

Pleeeease......
I'm not sure if keeping him to ourselves and not letting him resign was a big F U to cleveland. He didnt seem to help much in the post season from what i saw, but that was more the coach's fault. I think it would have been more of an F U to Ilgauskas. He seems like a nice bloke, why would you want to do that?

Both Cleveland and Ilgauskas would be pissed, no doubt about it but why is it being overly nice to your rivals so important to the Wizards franchise?
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#130 » by MJG » Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm

YES! Just the thing to fill in a slow handful of days before the draft lottery.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#131 » by LyricalRico » Sat May 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Oh we've got pride. So much pride, that we waited until the perfect moment to dump Jamison on Cleveland to ensure that they'd lose in the second round and that LeBron would walk. It's the ultimate payback!

Ernie 1
Ferry 0

:nod:

(Actually Ernie is up two because he also let Ferry overpay for Larry Hughes. I bet Ernie's on the phone with Ferry right now about bridge in Brooklyn he's selling. LOL)
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#132 » by montestewart » Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Does that chubs guy even know that the franchise was sold? Has he ever read anything on this board other than his own ego stroking thread? Does he know our arch rival, the Sonics, moved to OKC? Has he returned to claim his thread? Too late.

Wizards gave Cavs Jamison and Ilgauskas to add to Shaq, Verajao, and Hickson, resulting in an unmatchable combination of bigs against which no other could compete. Wizards gave the Cavs the championship. And what did the Wizards get in return? Under the cap this year? About $30 million in savings over two years? Allowed the transfer of ownership to take place? Pure money-grubbing, nothing more. Oh yeah, a late 1st. But that's it. Oh yeah, Al Thornton. But still, we gave the Cavs the championship, and we lost the best chance we had for McGee and Blatche to learn to say "F*** you all" in Lithuanian and Russian. No pride.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#133 » by montestewart » Sat May 15, 2010 4:48 pm

PS: I forgot how much fun the one-man dunking booth was.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#134 » by dangermouse » Sun May 16, 2010 12:24 am

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:You don't think Mcgee or Singleton can pick up a thing or two from Ilgauskas 12 years experience in the league? You don't think seeing a professional like that in practice and in game will help the maturity process of the youngsters?
Development is not just about playing time, you know. It's also about having a good role model/mentor to learn from.

You think hes going to want to teach the youngins anything in that situation?????? You think hes going to show up to practise and be ready to go through some dribbling drills with the guys who still have the training wheels on their bikes????? If you think hes going to do anything more than sulk on the bench complaining of back spasms or play with as little enthusiasm as possible because he is stuck with the 5th worst team in the league, then you must be having a laugh.

The Wiz released him. The Wiz didnt control what he did from there. He could have retired, he could have gone on to play for the White Sox, he could have even signed with the Nets. There was no guarantee he would sign with the Cavs.

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:Pleeeease......

There may have been a verbal guarantee that he would be released (of course anything written or traceable would have spelled doom for both franchises, being illegal and all). There may not have been. But even if there was, its only that he would be released, like i said, any team could have picked him back up. It was Ilgauskas' decision to re-ink with the Cavs, not anyone in the Wiz' front office.

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:Both Cleveland and Ilgauskas would be pissed, no doubt about it but why is it being overly nice to your rivals so important to the Wizards franchise?

My point there was more about being nice to a guy who didnt deserve any BS. In the long run, it hurt the Cavs more than helped them as other posters have said.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#135 » by dobrojim » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm so glad I dug this up

it's been slow while we wait for the lotto and needed
some entertainment. Chub really delivers.

Perfect trojan horse = AJ given that Mike Brown, Mr Potato head, a former
Wiz asst, was the coach. It was virtually guaranteed that Brown would
be forced by the ego of players involved to start Shaq and AJ together.
It was so plainly and repeatedly exploited against BOS, Travs/LeQueen haters
have a big smile on their face now and probably for some time going forward.

If Queenie leaves CLE this summer, I predict (and I don't think this
is going out on any slim branches) that CLE will be worse than us next year.
Witness this.

mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#136 » by mohammed10 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:52 pm

I propose we change the title of this thread from 'Your franchise has no pride' to 'Our franchise has hope, your Cavs do not'.

I open the floor to better suggestions.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#137 » by dobrojim » Mon May 17, 2010 11:24 pm

actually I think Chub was/is a Laker fan. That's why he was PO'd since he
was afraid we had handed the Traveliers the title on a platter.

Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#138 » by Hoopalotta » Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 am

We handed them something on a platter, alright. :lol:

I like plenty of aspects of Jamison, but I must say: THANK GOD WE GOT OUT OF THAT DEAL!

We would be so hosed right now if we still had him on the books, ticked off to be here and getting in the way of the young guys.

Nothing personal, but.....TGWGOOTD!

Feels good to say. :D
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#139 » by montestewart » Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 am

Hoopalotta wrote:Nothing personal, but.....TGWGOOTD!

Twan's Game Wasn't GOOT D

Fer sher

Return to Washington Wizards