ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizard New Offense

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Re: Wizard New Offense 

Post#41 » by closg00 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:12 pm

*Bump* for discussion on how Flip might use a young and athletic roster. Will Flip change anything to take full-advantage of Wall's speed? Do you think Flip will have any input on our draft selections?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Post#42 » by Rafael122 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 pm

He clearly wants Wall. Saunders is giving Wall verbal fellatio right now. If we get productive players at picks 30 and 34, that's gravy but it's all about Wall.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#43 » by pancakes3 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:00 pm

we don't have any finishers who can run with wall except for mcgee and possibly young, and i'm not too crazy about those two being on the court at the same time. it might work for a 2nd/3rd quarter situation but the bread/butter of our offense should be pick/rolls with blatche and wall with gil on the back side corner.

i also like keeping gil on the perimeter since he can stroke the 3 ball from practically anywhere and with all the shooting he's been practicing hopefully his 3p% will finally top the .400's. if anyone tries closing out on him, he is still the hibachi and can take it to the rim.

i'm also open to keep running the offense through blatche in the high post. between gil, wall, and thornton making cuts, and (hopefully a bigger) McGee setting picks, I think we can get run an offense pretty similar to what San Antonio had earlier last decade. We just have a less skilled duncan, but a way more talented backcourt.

i'm a little unsure about the 2-guard offense that's been getting buzz. wall and gil starting a two-man game with Blatche posting up doesn't really optimize either guard's penetration ability, nor blatche's ability to create while on the move.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards