Patrick Patterson assigned to the D League

Moderator: Parliament10

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Patrick Patterson assigned to the D League 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:57 pm

The Rockets have assigned forward Patrick Patterson to Houston's single-affiliation NBA D-League partner Rio Grande Valley.

"Patrick is making tremendous strides in practice and coach is very comfortable that he could help us win in the NBA right now," said general manager Daryl Morey.

"However, our depth at the big spot with Yao Ming, Luis Scola, Brad Miller, Jordan Hill, Chuck Hayes and Jared Jeffries means there is no playing time available. We believe strongly that players improve best by playing in games and the upcoming stretch presented a timely opportunity for Patrick to join Vipers training camp."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... _d_league/

Not so much of a shock considering that he is playing for a contender with veterans at his position. Patterson is going to have to adjust his game a lot to the NBA style and I think the D League style will give him an opportunity to do so. He is an NBA caliber player though, and I expect this to be his first and last season in the D League.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Re: Patrick Patterson assigned to the D League 

Post#2 » by Jase » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:27 am

Bogus, but understandable. I think this guy has shown a lot of promise -especially as a rebounder- in the pros. He's only spent time in the D-League because Houston is so deep at the PF position. Hopefully he can stick in the pro's.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
Huuminh
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Patrick Patterson assigned to the D League 

Post#3 » by Huuminh » Fri Sep 9, 2011 9:59 am

He is a good player,but Houston rockets now have no place for him,put him in the D league is a good thing for him!

Return to G League