Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion

Moderators: jman3134, bwgood77

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,579
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 8, 2016 3:33 am

Who you got in these first 8 key games over the first 7 days?

#10 Arizona at #12 Michigan State, Friday, November 11th, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

#11 Indiana at #3 Kansas, Friday, November 11th, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN

Next week

#4 Villanova at #15 Purdue, Monday, November 14th, 7:00 PM ET, BTN

#5 Oregon at Baylor, Tuesday, Tuesday, November 15th, 3:30 PM ET, ESPN2

#12 Michigan State at #2 Kentucky, Tuesday, November 15th, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

#9 Wisconsin at #22 Creighton, Tuesday, November 15th, 8:30 PM ET, FS1

#1 Duke at #3 Kansas, Tuesday November 15th, 9:30 PM ET, ESPN

#7 Xavier vs Missouri, Thursday, November 17th, 1:30 PM ET, ESPNU
KENTUCKY vs NORTH CAROLINA FOR FINAL SPOT IN FINAL 4 - ON NOW ON CBS if you'd like to discuss game and prospects, go here... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1538554&start=27
Justwar
Junior
Posts: 403
And1: 31
Joined: Jul 01, 2003
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Opening Week Key Game Matchup Discussion and Games Thread 

Post#2 » by Justwar » Tue Nov 8, 2016 4:37 am

I can't imagine Michigan state beating UK early because of injuries but with youth anything is possible
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,455
And1: 2,546
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#3 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Completely stoked for this season. I need Mic'd up Josh Jackson and Thomas Bryant for Fridays game. The trash talk should be epic.
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
Kolkmania
Pro Prospect
Posts: 948
And1: 348
Joined: Feb 11, 2015

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#4 » by Kolkmania » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:28 am

From Europe, so don't have to many opportunities to watch college basketball. This season has me more excited than other years though. Going for Arizona and Indiana, I'm expecting big games from OG Anunoby and Thomas Bryant. Curious to see if Miles Bridges can perform as impressive as he did in preseason.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,579
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Read on Twitter
KENTUCKY vs NORTH CAROLINA FOR FINAL SPOT IN FINAL 4 - ON NOW ON CBS if you'd like to discuss game and prospects, go here... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1538554&start=27
Duke4life831
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,311
And1: 3,579
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#6 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Probably going to regret this one, I got Michigan State over Zona

KU over Indiana
Nova over Purdue
UK over Mich st
KU over Duke

The KU/Duke game was going to be close with Bolden playing, but with him probably not playing, I can't see Duke beating an elite team with 2 of their top players not playing with Bolden and Giles. So sadly taking KU in that one, hopefully I'm wrong haha
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,455
And1: 2,546
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#7 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:39 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Probably going to regret this one, I got Michigan State over Zona

KU over Indiana
Nova over Purdue
UK over Mich st
KU over Duke

The KU/Duke game was going to be close with Bolden playing, but with him probably not playing, I can't see Duke beating an elite team with 2 of their top players not playing with Bolden and Giles. So sadly taking KU in that one, hopefully I'm wrong haha


Tatum out too right?
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
Duke4life831
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,311
And1: 3,579
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Probably going to regret this one, I got Michigan State over Zona

KU over Indiana
Nova over Purdue
UK over Mich st
KU over Duke

The KU/Duke game was going to be close with Bolden playing, but with him probably not playing, I can't see Duke beating an elite team with 2 of their top players not playing with Bolden and Giles. So sadly taking KU in that one, hopefully I'm wrong haha


Tatum out too right?


No Tatum is all good to go. Yes even supposed to play in their opener tonight. Tatum playing against KU wasn't ever really in too much doubt. He was a little questionable if he would be able to play the two opening games this weekend before the KU game.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 10,388
And1: 1,670
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#9 » by Fischella » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Who you got in these first 8 key games over the first 7 days?

Image

#10 Arizona at #12 Michigan State, Friday, November 11th, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

#11 Indiana at #3 Kansas, Friday, November 11th, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN

Next week

#4 Villanova at #15 Purdue, Monday, November 14th, 7:00 PM ET, BTN

#5 Oregon at Baylor, Tuesday, Tuesday, November 15th, 3:30 PM ET, ESPN2

#12 Michigan State at #2 Kentucky, Tuesday, November 15th, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

#9 Wisconsin at #22 Creighton, Tuesday, November 15th, 8:30 PM ET, FS1

#1 Duke at #3 Kansas, Tuesday November 15th, 9:30 PM ET, ESPN

#7 Xavier vs Missouri, Thursday, November 17th, 1:30 PM ET, ESPNU


MSU over AZ
KU over IU
Nova over Purdue
Oregon over Baylor
MSU over UK
Creighton over Wisconsin
KU over Duke
Xavier over Mizzou
Read on Twitter
Duke4life831
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,311
And1: 3,579
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#10 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:12 am

Spoke to soon on Tatum. Rumors are swirling that there was a setback and he won't play this weekend and is up in the air for KU. Hopefully this is all just precaution
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,063
And1: 957
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#11 » by bleu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:19 am

Can't believe Arizona is still in this one. They started out trailing I believe 16-2, and they now have a half time lead...
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,579
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:30 am

bleu wrote:Can't believe Arizona is still in this one. They started out trailing I believe 16-2, and they now have a half time lead...


Markaanen and Simmons stepped up down the stretch and some steals by Allen. Myles Bridges looking good for MSU.
KENTUCKY vs NORTH CAROLINA FOR FINAL SPOT IN FINAL 4 - ON NOW ON CBS if you'd like to discuss game and prospects, go here... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1538554&start=27
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,063
And1: 957
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: RE: Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#13 » by bleu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:Can't believe Arizona is still in this one. They started out trailing I believe 16-2, and they now have a half time lead...


Markaanen and Simmons stepped up down the stretch and some steals by Allen. Myles Bridges looking good for MSU.

Really a pretty good game so far. Started watching Vandy, but that game turned into a disappointment so now I've got that and the Jazz game on
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,579
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:24 am

What a couple of great games to start the season on ESPN, coming down to final possessions in regulation for both games.
KENTUCKY vs NORTH CAROLINA FOR FINAL SPOT IN FINAL 4 - ON NOW ON CBS if you'd like to discuss game and prospects, go here... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1538554&start=27
JN
RealGM
Posts: 10,683
And1: 2,309
Joined: Feb 02, 2007
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#15 » by JN » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:39 pm

UConn gets embarassed by Wagner.

Hopefully we can still state when a school gets embarrassed.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 31,068
And1: 11,579
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:07 am

Wow, Nova hanging on tonight.
KENTUCKY vs NORTH CAROLINA FOR FINAL SPOT IN FINAL 4 - ON NOW ON CBS if you'd like to discuss game and prospects, go here... viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1538554&start=27
Kolkmania
Pro Prospect
Posts: 948
And1: 348
Joined: Feb 11, 2015

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#17 » by Kolkmania » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Michigan State at Kentucky :nod:.

Curious to see who will defend Bridges, impressed with Derek Willis' quickness and development, it'll probably be him or Gabriel? Kentucky played with 3 guards at the same time (Briscoe, Monk and Fox) for some stretches, Michigan could try to play with Bridges at the 3 to counter that.

Going for Kentucky though, big admirer of De'Aaron Fox.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,455
And1: 2,546
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#18 » by Marcus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Wanna see how well Josh Jackson bounces back tonight against Duke and very intrigued with the back court matchup in that game with Mason and Graham from KU vs Allen and Frank Jackson from Duke.
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,455
And1: 2,546
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#19 » by Marcus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Kolkmania wrote:Michigan State at Kentucky :nod:.

Curious to see who will defend Bridges, impressed with Derek Willis' quickness and development, it'll probably be him or Gabriel? Kentucky played with 3 guards at the same time (Briscoe, Monk and Fox) for some stretches, Michigan could try to play with Bridges at the 3 to counter that.

Going for Kentucky though, big admirer of De'Aaron Fox.


Game should be a track meet which is right up Fox's alley.
Watch More Basketball

dorkestra wrote:For those that signed in, can RealGM replace our title of "Assistant Coach" or "Ballboy" to "Process Survivor"?


Best post ever
Kolkmania
Pro Prospect
Posts: 948
And1: 348
Joined: Feb 11, 2015

Re: Opening Week Key Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#20 » by Kolkmania » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Marcus wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:Michigan State at Kentucky :nod:.

Curious to see who will defend Bridges, impressed with Derek Willis' quickness and development, it'll probably be him or Gabriel? Kentucky played with 3 guards at the same time (Briscoe, Monk and Fox) for some stretches, Michigan could try to play with Bridges at the 3 to counter that.

Going for Kentucky though, big admirer of De'Aaron Fox.


Game should be a track meet which is right up Fox's alley.


Fox thrives in fast paced games, but if I were Kentucky I would try to slow the game down. With the length advantage of Humphries, Adebayo, etc. they should be able to take advantage down low.

Completely overlooked the Duke vs. Kansas match. :clap:

W's for Kentucky and Kansas.

Return to NCAA Basketball