Fischella's NBA Mock Draft 2017

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Fischella's NBA Mock Draft 2017 

Post#1 » by No-Man » Sat Sep 3, 2016 10:53 am

Mock Draft 2017

1.Image Josh Jackson Wing/Combo-Forward Kansas 16.Image Jayson Tatum Wing/Combo-Forward Duke
2.Image Markelle Fultz Guard Washington 17.Image Ray Smith Wing/Combo-Forward Arizona
3.Image Dennis Smith Jr. Guard North Carolina St. 18.Image Terrance Ferguson Wing USA
4.Image Harry Giles Big Duke 19.Image Jonathan Isaac Combo-Forward Florida St.
5.Image Frank Ntilikina Guard France 20.Image Josh Hart Wing Villanova
6.Image OG Anunoby Wing/Combo-Forward Indiana 21.Image Bam Adebayo Big Kentucky
7.Image Lonzo Ball Guard UCLA 22.Image Malik Monk Guard Kentucky
8.Image Frank Jackson Guard Duke 23.Image De'Aaron Fox Guard Kentucky
9.Image Miles Bridges Combo-Forward Michigan St. 24.Image Kostja Mushidi Wing Germany
10.Image Lauri Markkanen Big Arizona 25.Image Nik Slavica Wing/Combo-Forward Croatia
11.Image Ivan Rabb Big California 26.Image Marques Bolden Big Duke
12.Image Tyler Lydon Combo-Forward Syracuse 27.Image DJ Hogg Wing/Combo-Forward Texas A&M
13.Image Donovan Mitchell Guard/Wing Louisville 28.Image Shake Milton Guard/Wing SMU
14.Image Jarrett Allen Big Texas 29.Image Jaron Blossomgame Wing/Combo-Forward Clemson
15.Image Mikal Bridges Wing Villanova 30.Image Edmond Sumner Guard Xavier

Order is sort of my prediction at this point for NBA next seasons standings
Traded picks in the 1st,
BOS have the right to change their pick with Brooklyn's.
DEN gets MEM's pick
TOR gets LA's pick
UTA gets Golden St's pick

Guys that could've made it,

Jawun Evans Guard Oklahoma St.
Devonte Graham Guard Kansas
Grayson Allen Guard Duke
Allonzo Trier Wing Arizona
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Wing Kansas
Vince Edwards Wing/Combo-Forward Purdue
VJ Beachem Wing/Combo-Forward Notre Dame
Justin Jackson Wing/Combo-Forward North Carolina
Dedric Lawson Combo-Forward Memphis
Kyle Kuzma Combo-Forward Utah
Carlton Bragg Combo-Forward Kansas
Chance Comanche Big Arizona
Chimezie Metu Big USC
Caleb Swanigan Big Purdue
Jessie Govan Big Georgetown

The rest that you might think should/could be there probably are mocked as not declaring, for example (Hartenstein, Kurucs, Jeanne or Yurtseven).
NYCLaker
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Fischella's NBA Mock Draft 2017 

Post#2 » by NYCLaker » Sat Sep 3, 2016 3:06 pm

If the Lakers get first pick, I think we are going to go for Fultz or DSJ. Ideally, if Giles was fit and healthy it be him as our future smallball center though.

Even though Jackson is a combo wingplayer, Fultz has better length than him as a PG.

A Fultz-Russell backcourt is what I envision for the Lakers.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#3 » by reanimator » Sat Sep 3, 2016 4:06 pm

OG top 4? Miles Bridges lottery? I'm not the biggest Tatum fan but c'mon and Isaac/Mushidi will be a riser.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#4 » by No-Man » Sat Sep 3, 2016 4:24 pm

reanimator wrote:OG top 4? Miles Bridges lottery? I'm not the biggest Tatum fan but c'mon and Isaac/Mushidi will be a riser.

I value defensive upside a ton, Anuboby has versatility and exactly what I am looking for in a Forward nowadays, his position carries value as well, although we have tons of Combo-Forwards in the league and in this class for that matter so that's going to go downwards a bit in the future.
I am a big fan of both Bridges, Miles needs to develop his shooting but he is an athletic strong combo that can playmake and rebound the ball, he plays hard too, I expect him to have a superb freshmen year.

I just dont like Tatum chances, he has a great midrange game, but his shooting is iffy and he doesnt pass much, nearly 0 two-way potential kills his value too, figures to be ball-dominant and not good enough to warrant it, likely gonna be a Combo-Forward and not a pure wing player in the future, that lowers his value as well.

Havent seen enough of Isaac, you could've something there, I need to check more tape, I am not a big fan of Mushidi, he is strong but basically plays bully ball, has not good mechanics and doesnt pass, big candidate to drop lower for me, he is going to put up numbers for Mega of course, but dunno about his long-term potential, at least Trier can shoot it for example.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 7:22 pm

Can't see the Nuggets selecting Bridges over Tatum or Isaac, just doesn't fit their needs IMO. Bridges reminds me of Barton so your choice creates redundancy
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
No-Man
RealGM

Post#6 » by No-Man » Tue Sep 6, 2016 9:33 am

skywalker33 wrote:Can't see the Nuggets selecting Bridges over Tatum or Isaac, just doesn't fit their needs IMO. Bridges reminds me of Barton so your choice creates redundancy

How so? and even if he did, Barton is likely going to be shopped before his contract runs out.
Tatum is a worse athlete than Bridges with less defensive upside, Denver can use a combo-forward of the future to pair with what they have since Gallo might leave or get traded and Chandler is injured all the time.
Isaac is more of a pure PF, might be an option but I like Juancho a lot and he just got drafted.
Bridges is underrated I dont see how you see him similar to Barton other than both are high energy guys, Miles is a better passer and much stronger, Barton is a pure wing and Miles is more of a smallball 4, in my mind he projects to be a high level defensive player with versatility and passing, that can attack the basket and rebound, he is going to rise.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#7 » by reanimator » Tue Sep 6, 2016 3:09 pm

Bridges is strong and a powerful leaper but I'm not seeing a a plus passer whatsoever. Also has a primitive handle and will measure between 6'4 and 6'6 with average length. I'm thinking PJ Tucker and I don't see that as lottery this year.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#8 » by No-Man » Tue Sep 6, 2016 5:17 pm

reanimator wrote:Bridges is strong and a powerful leaper but I'm not seeing a a plus passer whatsoever. Also has a primitive handle and will measure between 6'4 and 6'6 with average length. I'm thinking PJ Tucker and I don't see that as lottery this year.

length could be an issue, but he is intriguing with his size, athleticism, speed and rebounding, hopefully passing and shooting will go upwards, he defends also, he is not as a long nor the athlete Winslow is, but they have similar body types.
I do like him as a lotto pick, not enough combo-forwards with upside, I like him better than Tatum.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Thu Sep 8, 2016 7:59 pm

Gotta agree with reanimator here, what you are projecting/predicting isn't proven and may/may not ever come true. Tatum is more of a proven scorer less of a defender but I like his ceiling more. Just have to disagree on that one.

damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#10 » by damecurry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 am

Bam Abedayo and DeAron Fox dropping to the 20s would be... surprising, though as a Blazer fan I would have no complaint with either getting the 23rd pick or having him drop to us there. Sounds like an ideal situation to me ;)
No-Man
RealGM

Post#11 » by No-Man » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:23 am

Gonna release a much improved version with new standings projections tomorrow
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:14 am

Fischella wrote:Gonna release a much improved version with new standings projections tomorrow

We must have different definitions of "tomorrow". Know it takes a while to do one, look forward to see what you got next :wink:

No-Man
RealGM

Post#13 » by No-Man » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:51 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Gonna release a much improved version with new standings projections tomorrow

We must have different definitions of "tomorrow". Know it takes a while to do one, look forward to see what you got next :wink:

I know sorry about that, got derailed like crazy but I promise I'd be back with a board this week
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#14 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 1:36 pm

We must have different definitions of "this week". Know it takes a while to do one, look forward to see what you got next :wink:
No-Man
RealGM

Post#15 » by No-Man » Thu Dec 1, 2016 4:41 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:We must have different definitions of "this week". Know it takes a while to do one, look forward to see what you got next :wink:

Nah it doesnt haha it just a mix between my computer been a trainwreck lately and me starting a new pod based on the draft, havent really had the time to put together a mock or board just forums related and I constantly changed stuff with the start of the season.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#16 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:32 pm

Pulling your leg mate. Already posted this in another topic, but if you would rank players by tiers, who would be in the upper tier?
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#17 » by dorkestra » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:09 am

Fischella wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:We must have different definitions of "this week". Know it takes a while to do one, look forward to see what you got next :wink:

Nah it doesnt haha it just a mix between my computer been a trainwreck lately and me starting a new pod based on the draft, havent really had the time to put together a mock or board just forums related and I constantly changed stuff with the start of the season.

Link me to your pod if you don't mind
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
No-Man
RealGM

Post#18 » by No-Man » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:46 pm

dorkestra wrote:
Fischella wrote:

Link me to your pod if you don't mind

fresh out of the oven

https://twitter.com/WhatsOnDraftPod

you can follow up updates there
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#19 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Dec 6, 2016 1:18 am

There's actual jobs involved in doing internet scouting?
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,966

Post#20 » by darrendaye » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Really a shame Ray Smith had to give up playing due to injury. I am late to the dance, but, agree with you that Josh Hart will go MUCH higher than most mocks predict, even at this point.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?

Return to Mock Drafts