big board Q

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

realtimedraft
Ballboy
And1: 1

big board Q 

Post#1 » by realtimedraft » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 am

I would normally write down my #1-60 list but I do not have to anymore - my typing pointer fingers thank me every day. I have that evolving draft opinion safely stored online where I can go back & track my changes in order to see how my scouting eye has either gotten it right all along or been way off from the beginning...

With that said - I have a quick question before the upcoming season starts: in your big boards who is your favorite incoming freshman?

I was a big Tony Snell fan before his draft because something always intrigues me about a player with an effortless handle. Effortless is a strong word but I would classify neither Tony Snell nor soon to be VCU freshman Terry Larrier as players with a weak handle. Favorite is also a strong word...maybe I should be asking you all about your "favorite" incoming freshman who possesses a skill that makes you pay attention. I like the way Larrier handles the ball. Fans may be right in placing Stanley Johnson above Terry Larrier on their big board. I would agree with that because Johnson has much more control over his athletic coordination (this puts more pressure on the defense/etc) but Larrier dribbles the ball in rhythm even if it does stray into the uncoordinated territory

My point is that Larrier will physically mature & still have his smooth handle while Johnson will continue to play a physically smooth game but his handle might stay "premeditated" (premeditated might need further clarification and I will gladly do my best if someone is unclear). Of course Johnson (any player) can improve any skill but maybe some things are just innate + the difference in Larriers/Johnsons ability to handle the ball is not game changing. Perhaps it is just a preference. I prefer the little moments where you can tell Larrier is just dancing on the court with the ball going exactly where he wants it without having to think about it

My preference is that all players should possess the skill of being able to handle the ball on the bounce & because of this the incoming freshman that I will be paying attention to is Terry Larrier (you might be correct in classifying this as a guilty pleasure draft prospect)

What about you?
realtimedraft
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: big board Q 

Post#2 » by realtimedraft » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 am

Also - I am new to realgm. If this post has a more suitable location then I apologize. I am still in the realgm exploration stage...

Return to Mock Drafts