9.Atlanta Hawks (via Brooklyn Nets): Frank Kaminsky
10.Indiana Pacers: Justice Winslow
11.Charlotte Hornets: Kelly Oubre
12.Utah Jazz: Myles Turner
13.Houston Rockets (via New Orelans Pelicans): Jerian Grant
14.Phoenix Suns: Kevon Looney
15.Boston Celtics: Jakob Poetl
16.Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami Heat): Malik Pope
17.Milwaukee Bucks: Devin Booker (possibly a trade between them centered around Motiejunas or their other young center)
18.Washington Wizards: Bobby Portis
19.Philadelphia 76ers (via Oklahoma City Thunder): Tyus Jones
20.Toronto Raptors: Rondae Hollis Jefferson
21.Chicago Bulls : Delon Wright
22.Dallas Mavericks: Trey Lyles
23.San Antonio Spurs: George Lucas
24.Portland Trailblazers: Sam Dekker
25.Cleveland Cavaliers: Robert Upshaw
26.Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers): RJ Hunter
27.Los Angeles Lakers (via Houston Rockets): Caris Levert
28.Memphis Grizzlies: Justin Anderson
29.Brooklyn Nets (via Atlanta Hawks): Montrezl Harrell
30.Golden State Warriors: Christian Wood
HollisThompsonIsGoat
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,270

Re: 109876ersfan mock draft 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:19 am

I don't see Myles Turner for Utah. Tomic is probably coming over, Gobert will be getting 32 minutes per game and Favors can play center as well. Turner is too slow to be an effective power forward, and we could use either a power forward or a swing man a lot more. IMO in this situation we go with Grant or Booker without regret. I also have doubts that Upshaw will be drafted in the first round considering that he was dismissed from his team despite being their best player. Looks solid overall, though.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
109876ersFan
Junior
And1: 31

Post#3 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:20 am

babyjax13 wrote:I don't see Myles Turner for Utah. Tomic is probably coming over, Gobert will be getting 32 minutes per game and Favors can play center as well. Turner is too slow to be an effective power forward, and we could use either a power forward or a swing man a lot more. IMO in this situation we go with Grant or Booker without regret. I also have doubts that Upshaw will be drafted in the first round considering that he was dismissed from his team despite being their best player. Looks solid overall, though.

Thanks for the input, Grant as in Jerian Grant btw? What would that be like considering Exum is the future at the PG position or at least that's what I've heard. I have doubts that Upshaw will be drafted as well but it's tough not putting him in the first round because of his talent, I guess it's not that realistic though.
HollisThompsonIsGoat
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#4 » by LloydFree » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:45 am

I don't like a potential Tyus Jones, D'angelo Russell backcourt. I think that would be a little smallish. Instead of Russell-Pope-Jones, I'd prefer Russell-Dunn-Pope, if Pope is a target. And if teams are crazy enough to leave Trey Lyles on the board that long, I'd go Russell-Dunn-Lyles and throw away the ski mask afterward.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#5 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:30 pm

LloydFree wrote:I don't like a potential Tyus Jones, D'angelo Russell backcourt. I think that would be a little smallish. Instead of Russell-Pope-Jones, I'd prefer Russell-Dunn-Pope, if Pope is a target. And if teams are crazy enough to leave Trey Lyles on the board that long, I'd go Russell-Dunn-Lyles and throw away the ski mask afterward.

I'm personally not a fan of Dunn, simply because he can't hit the three and is generally turnover prone. Although he shoots higher percentages i could see him being the next MCW. Tyus brings tenacious d alongside good three point shooting and a safe assist to turnover ratio, but I do agree with the backcourt being smallish somewhat. Is Lyles able to play the three? I was kind of thinking of position versatility alongside potiential with the Pope pick. If I'm honest I don't know too much about Lyles.
HollisThompsonIsGoat
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#6 » by LloydFree » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:29 pm

109876ersFan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I don't like a potential Tyus Jones, D'angelo Russell backcourt. I think that would be a little smallish. Instead of Russell-Pope-Jones, I'd prefer Russell-Dunn-Pope, if Pope is a target. And if teams are crazy enough to leave Trey Lyles on the board that long, I'd go Russell-Dunn-Lyles and throw away the ski mask afterward.

I'm personally not a fan of Dunn, simply because he can't hit the three and is generally turnover prone. Although he shoots higher percentages i could see him being the next MCW. Tyus brings tenacious d alongside good three point shooting and a safe assist to turnover ratio, but I do agree with the backcourt being smallish somewhat. Is Lyles able to play the three? I was kind of thinking of position versatility alongside potiential with the Pope pick. If I'm honest I don't know too much about Lyles.

High turnovers is not really a bad indicator for a prospect. There have been many allstars that were high turnover players in college. High assists and high turnover isnt a deal breaker.

As for Lyles: He's not a SF. He'll be a stretch 4 in the NBA. But anything past #15, he is too talented to pass up no matter the need.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#7 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:04 pm

LloydFree wrote:
109876ersFan wrote:

High turnovers is not really a bad indicator for a prospect. There have been many allstars that were high turnover players in college. High assists and high turnover isnt a deal breaker.

As for Lyles: He's not a SF. He'll be a stretch 4 in the NBA. But anything past #15, he is too talented to pass up no matter the need.

I just worry about the combo of bad three point shooting and turnovers, I just can't shake the thinking of mcw, it gives me chills.
HollisThompsonIsGoat
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,270

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:32 pm

109876ersFan wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I don't see Myles Turner for Utah. Tomic is probably coming over, Gobert will be getting 32 minutes per game and Favors can play center as well. Turner is too slow to be an effective power forward, and we could use either a power forward or a swing man a lot more. IMO in this situation we go with Grant or Booker without regret. I also have doubts that Upshaw will be drafted in the first round considering that he was dismissed from his team despite being their best player. Looks solid overall, though.

Thanks for the input, Grant as in Jerian Grant btw? What would that be like considering Exum is the future at the PG position or at least that's what I've heard. I have doubts that Upshaw will be drafted as well but it's tough not putting him in the first round because of his talent, I guess it's not that realistic though.

Yup. I see Grant more as a shooting guard that can innitiate an offense when needed a la Manu, Harden or Wade. I would be more concerned about his fit with Hayward (which is why I also think Booker would be great at that point), but he is just so talented it is hard to pass on him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#9 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Some changes: still considering 76ers picks
1.New York Knicks: Jahlil Okafor
2.Minnesota Timberwolves: Karl Towns
3.Philadelphia 76ers: D'angelo Russell
4.Los Angeles Lakers: Emmanuel Mudiay
5.Orlando Magic: Mario Hezonja
6.Sacramento Kings: Kristaps Porzingus
7.Detroit Pistons: WCS
8.Denver Nuggets: Stanley Johnson
9.Atlanta Hawks (via Brooklyn Nets): Frank Kaminsky
10.Indiana Pacers: Justice Winslow
11.Charlotte Hornets: Kelly Oubre
12.Utah Jazz: Devon Booker
13.Houston Rockets (via New Orelans Pelicans): Jerian Grant
14.Phoenix Suns: Kevon Looney
15.Boston Celtics: Myles Turner
16.Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami Heat): Malik Pope
17.Milwaukee Bucks: Jakob Poetl
18.Washington Wizards: Bobby Portis
19.Philadelphia 76ers (via Oklahoma City Thunder): Tyus Jones
20.Toronto Raptors: Rondae Hollis Jefferson
21.Chicago Bulls: Delon Wright
22.Dallas Mavericks: Trey Lyles
23.San Antonio Spurs: George Lucas
25.Cleveland Cavaliers: Robert Upshaw
26.Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers): RJ Hunter
27.Los Angeles Lakers (via Houston Rockets): Caris Levert
28.Memphis Grizzlies: Justin Anderson
HollisThompsonIsGoat
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#10 » by Cammo101 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:17 pm

I can't see anyone taking Malik Pope nearly that early if he comes out this year. He should return for another year.
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#11 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Cammo101 wrote:I can't see anyone taking Malik Pope nearly that early if he comes out this year. He should return for another year.

I think he could be a top 5 pick if he stays another year, but hes to good of a talent even now to not take at the top half of the first round. Not to mention he has a patient team in the 76ers in this mock and thus an opportunistic teacher in Brett Brown. For the record i think he does stay another year, but nothing is official yet.
HollisThompsonIsGoat
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#12 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:17 am

It might be a bit of a reach but I'm really starting leaning toward Booker for the Hornets, even if we miss the playoffs and fall into that 10-12 range. We've just been devoid of shooting for so long and he'd fit like a glove.
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#13 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:38 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:It might be a bit of a reach but I'm really starting leaning toward Booker for the Hornets, even if we miss the playoffs and fall into that 10-12 range. We've just been devoid of shooting for so long and he'd fit like a glove.

Personally i think Booker could become a JJ redick like player and seeing how hes played with the clippers its not a bad thing. My only indifference with the Hornets is their direction, do they try to stock up on talent for the future or get a piece that helps them win now?
HollisThompsonIsGoat
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#14 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:56 pm

Update: After reading a Deadspin article, i have realized that the Knicks have an affinity for Big Butted Centers- enter Jahlil

1.New York Knicks: Jahlil Okafor
2.Minnesota Timberwolves: Karl Towns
3.Philadelphia 76ers: D'angelo Russell
4.Los Angeles Lakers: Emmanuel Mudiay
5.Orlando Magic: Justice Winslow
6.Sacramento Kings: Kristaps Porzingus
7.Detroit Pistons: Mario Hezonja
8.Denver Nuggets: Stanley Johnson
9.Indiana Pacers: Kevon Looney
10.Charlotte Hornets: Kelly Oubre
11. Boston Celtics: WCS
12.Utah Jazz: Myles Turner
13. Phoenix Suns: Trey Lyles
14. Houston Rockets (via New Orleans Pelicans): Jerian Grant
15.Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami Heat): Khris Dunn
16. Atlanta Hawks(via Brooklyn Nets): Frank Kamisnky
17.Milwaukee Bucks: Jakob Poetl
18.Washington Wizards: Devon Booker
19.Philadelphia 76ers (via Oklahoma City Thunder): Malik Pope
20.Chicago Bulls: Delon Wright
21.Toronto Raptors: Rondae Hollis Jefferson
22.Dallas Mavericks: R J Hunter
23. Cleveland Cavaliers: Tyus Jones
25.San Antonio Spurs: Aleksandar Vezenkov
26.Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers): Caris Levert
27.Memphis Grizzlies: Justin Anderson
28.Los Angeles Lakers (via Houston Rockets): Bobby Portis
HollisThompsonIsGoat
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#15 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:02 pm

My Top 10 prospects:
1. Karl Towns
2. Jahlil Okafor
3. Emmaul Mudiay
4. Mario Hezonja
5. D' angelo Russell
6. Kristaps Porzingus
7. Kevon Looney
8. Justice Winslow
9. Stanley Johnson
10. WCS
HollisThompsonIsGoat
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#16 » by BlackOutBuzz » Thu Apr 2, 2015 6:06 pm

109876ersFan wrote:
BlackOutBuzz wrote:It might be a bit of a reach but I'm really starting leaning toward Booker for the Hornets, even if we miss the playoffs and fall into that 10-12 range. We've just been devoid of shooting for so long and he'd fit like a glove.

Personally i think Booker could become a JJ redick like player and seeing how hes played with the clippers its not a bad thing. My only indifference with the Hornets is their direction, do they try to stock up on talent for the future or get a piece that helps them win now?

We've been stocking picks for awhile now, time to sink or swim. I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see us trade the pick for a vet quite honestly.
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 8:59 pm

109876ersFan wrote:My Top 10 prospects:
1. Karl Towns
2. Jahlil Okafor
3. Emmaul Mudiay
4. Mario Hezonja
5. D' angelo Russell
6. Kristaps Porzingus
7. Kevon Looney
8. Justice Winslow
9. Stanley Johnson
10. WCS

Looney over Winslow, Johnson and WCS ???. I'd call you looney .... :lol: :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#18 » by 109876ersFan » Wed Apr 8, 2015 10:05 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
1. Karl Towns
2. Jahlil Okafor
3. Emmaul Mudiay
4. Mario Hezonja
5. D' angelo Russell
6. Kristaps Porzingus
7. Kevon Looney
8. Justice Winslow
9. Stanley Johnson
10. WCS

I love me some Looney, although you have a fair point. Say, what do you think of Looneys potential, i think his absolute ceiling could be Lamar Odom level.
HollisThompsonIsGoat
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#19 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Apr 9, 2015 3:23 pm

109876ersFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
1. Karl Towns
2. Jahlil Okafor
3. Emmaul Mudiay
4. Mario Hezonja
5. D' angelo Russell
6. Kristaps Porzingus
7. Kevon Looney
8. Justice Winslow
9. Stanley Johnson
10. WCS

I love me some Looney, although you have a fair point. Say, what do you think of Looneys potential, i think his absolute ceiling could be Lamar Odom level.

If that's his absolute ceiling, then that isn't very good...
109876ersFan
Junior

Post#20 » by 109876ersFan » Thu Apr 9, 2015 8:13 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
109876ersFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

If that's his absolute ceiling, then that isn't very good...

Well Lamar Odum in his prime was still pretty darn good, perhaps a Lamar odom that lived up to his potential? Ive tried to stay away from comps for as you can see im not very good at them.
HollisThompsonIsGoat

Return to Mock Drafts