Eminence's Big Board

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Eminence's Big Board 

Post#1 » by eminence » Tue May 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Just doing a quick run through of what I feel the top guys are. Trying to look at basketball skill only and not offcourt stuff (Upshaw for example). Mostly just to have it somewhere on record so I can kind of look back on it sometime to see how it all worked out. Couple comments on ones I think are remarkable for their placement. Gaps for what I see as kind of tier cut-offs.

Feel free to give any comments on guys you think I'm over or underrating.

1. Karl Towns
2. D'Angelo Russell

3. Emmanuel Mudiay
4. Stanley Johnson- Have him higher than most, I think his size translates well, just needs to focus on the finishing at the rim.
5. Mario Hezonja
6. Justise Winslow
7. Jahlil Okafor- Lower than usual for sure, I think he's pretty sure to be solid player (scorer especially). Can't quite put my finger on why I don't expect him to put it all together.
8. Willie Caulie-Stein

9. Kevon Looney- Big believer in his length translating at the 3/4 defensively at least.
10. Frank Kaminsky
11. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson- Bit of a gamble here, but his defense is really good and I expect eventually some offense will develop.

12. Robert Upshaw- Hard to not think about the off court stuff, I think if it really wasn't there he'd be even higher.
13. Devin Booker
14. Myles Turner
15. Kristaps Porzingis- Not sure he ever puts on the weight and I see that as a major problem.

16. Richaun Holmes- My big surprise pick, seems to have the athleticism, accomplishments, and he's gonna have a chip. Not sure why he's rated as low as he is.
17. Sam Dekker
18. Kelly Oubre
19. Jerian Grant

19. Bobby Portis
20. George Lucas- Boom or bust type of guy, length is pretty special.
21. Mouhammadu Jaiteh- At the least he'll be big which is valuable.
22. Justin Anderson
23. Cameron Payne- Don't have a lot of trust in smaller PGs.

24. Delon Wright
25. Trey Lyles- Haven't seen him defend bigs at the college level, maybe if he does well in workouts I'd move him up.
26. Montrezl Harrell
27. Jarrell Martin
28. Tyus Jones- Same as Payne.
29. R.J. Hunter- The only skill I really see translating is shooting, think he'll be a liability in other areas.

30. Christian Wood
I bought a boat.

Return to Mock Drafts