Spens1 Mock Draft

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Spens1 Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by Spens1 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:35 pm

It started off well enough (kind of, i did pull a bit of a strange thing with Ingram to Philly, only to spice things up i swear, didn't help that Boston had half the picks the drafts just about :lol: )

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/202121/

also is their any way to show the full list here without having to click the URL (outside me print screening it or typing out the whole draft)

1. Philadelphia Sixers
Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke

2. Los Angeles Lakers
Ben Simmons, PF, LSU

3. Boston Celtics from Brooklyn
Dragan Bender, PF, Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv (Israel)

4. Phoenix Suns
Jaylen Brown, SF, California

5. Minnesota Timberwolves
Kris Dunn, SG, Providence

6. New Orleans Pelicans
Jamal Murray, SG, Kentucky

7. Denver Nuggets Swap with New York
Buddy Hield, G, Oklahoma

8. Sacramento Kings
Denzel Valentine, F, Michigan State

9. Toronto Raptors from New York (via Denver swap)
Marquese Chriss, PF, Washington

10. Milwaukee Bucks
Skal Labissiere, C, Kentucky

11. Orlando Magic

Deyonta Davis, PF, Michigan State

12. Utah Jazz
Jakob Poeltl, C, Utah

13. Phoenix Suns from Washington
Henry Ellenson, PF, Marquette

14. Chicago Bulls
Furkan Korkmaz, SG, Anadolu Efes (Turkey)

15. Denver Nuggets from Houston
Wade Baldwin IV, G, Vanderbilt

16. Boston Celtics from Dallas
Timothe Luwawu, F, KK Mega Vizura (Serbia)

17. Memphis Grizzlies
Damian Jones, PF, Vanderbilt

18. Detroit Pistons
Domas Sabonis, PF, Gonzaga

19. Denver Nuggets from Portland
Taurean Prince, F, Baylor

20. Indiana Pacers
Cheick Diallo, PF, Kansas

21.Atlanta Hawks
Malik Beasley, SG, Florida State

22. Charlotte Hornets
Brice Johnson, PF, North Carolina

23. Boston Celtics
Demetrius Jackson, G, Notre Dame

24. Philadelphia Sixers from Miami via Cleveland
Tyler Ulis, G, Kentucky

25. Los Angeles Clippers
Ivica Zubac, C, KK Mega Vizura (Serbia)

26. Philadelphia Sixers from Oklahoma City via Cleveland and Denver

DeAndre Bembry, GF, Saint Joseph's

27. Toronto Raptors
Ante Zizic, C, KK Cibona (Croatia)

28. Phoenix Suns from Cleveland via Boston
Zhou Qi, C, Xinjiang Guanghui (China)

29. San Antonio Spurs
Juan Alberto Hernangomez, F, Movistar Estudiantes (Spain)

30. Golden State Warriors
Petr Cornelie, C, Le Mans Sarthe Basket (France)

31. Boston Celtics from Philadelphia via Miami
Diamond Stone, C, Maryland

32. Los Angeles Lakers
Thon Maker, C, Canada

33. Los Angeles Clippers Swap with Brooklyn
Guerschon Yabusele, SF, SPO Rouen Basket (France)

34. Phoenix Suns
Dejounte Murray, SG, Washington

35. Boston Celtics from Minnesota via Phoenix
Malachi Richardson, SF, Syracuse

36. Milwaukee Bucks Swap with New Orleans via Sacramento
Caris LeVert, G, Michigan

37. Houston Rockets from New York via Portland and Sacramento
Stephen Zimmerman, C, UNLV

38. Milwaukee Bucks
Patrick McCaw, G, UNLV

39. New Orleans Pelicans from Denver via Philadelphia

Rade Zagorac, SF, KK Mega Vizura (Serbia)

40. New Orleans Pelicans Swap with Sacramento via Milwaukee
Ben Bentil, F, Providence

41. Orlando Magic
Gary Payton II, G, Oregon State

42. Utah Jazz
Isaia Cordinier, G, Denain ASC Voltaire (France)

43. Houston Rockets
Georgios Papagiannis, C, Panathinaikos (Greece)

44. Atlanta Hawks from Washington
Chinanu Onuaku, C, Louisville

45. Boston Celtics from Memphis via Denver
Wayne Selden, SG, Kansas

46. Dallas Mavericks
A.J. Hammons, C, Purdue

47. Orlando Magic from Chicago via Cleveland
Paul Zipser, F, FC Bayern Munich Junior Team (Germany)

48. Chicago Bulls from Portland
Robert Carter, Jr., PF, Maryland

49. Detroit Pistons
Malcolm Brogdon, SG, Virginia

50. Indiana Pacers
Anthony Barber, G, North Carolina State

51. Boston Celtics from Miami
Pascal Siakam, F, New Mexico State

52. Utah Jazz from Boston via Memphis
Jake Layman, SF, Maryland

53. Denver Nuggets from Charlotte via Oklahoma City
Prince Ibeh, C, Texas

54. Atlanta Hawks
Dorian Finney-Smith, SF, Florida

55. Brooklyn Nets Swap with L.A. Clippers
Kahlil Felder, PG, Oakland

56. Denver Nuggets from Oklahoma City
Joel Bolomboy, FC, Weber State

57. Memphis Grizzlies from Toronto
Michael Gbinije, SF, Syracuse

58. Boston Celtics from Cleveland
Andrey Desyatnikov, C, Zenit St Petersburg (Russia)

59. Sacramento Kings from San Antonio
Perry Ellis, PF, Kansas

60. Utah Jazz from Golden State
Yogi Ferrell, G, Indiana
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Re: Spens1 Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by patman52 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

I think the celts need to have euro stashes. #23 with zizic and Murray at 31 and then Rade Zagorac at 35 this gives them 2 stashes.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#3 » by Spens1 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 2:46 am

patman52 wrote:I think the celts need to have euro stashes. #23 with zizic and Murray at 31 and then Rade Zagorac at 35 this gives them 2 stashes.

that is true but you could always do a d-league stash as well with some of those guys, not to mention jackson gets on your bench as does Diamond Stone (whose potential is incredibly high).

Also the center from zenit i think you could make a stash.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#4 » by Spens1 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 2:47 am

Anyway updated it so the list shows up, hopefully that makes it a bit easier than having to click the link and maybe try to do draft overview for each team in this list (mainly who they selected)
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by patman52 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 11:33 am

I think you did a great job, I am not that enthused with Stone, and Jackson is just redundant on a team with Thomas, Smart, and Rozier all at the point. If you went Zizic at 23 and Murray at 31 and then Zagorac Would fit the teams needs one year from now better. I believe this year is a year for the celts to put more pieces together then add the final two pieces in FA and a trade next year.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#6 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 4:44 am

patman52 wrote:I think you did a great job, I am not that enthused with Stone, and Jackson is just redundant on a team with Thomas, Smart, and Rozier all at the point. If you went Zizic at 23 and Murray at 31 and then Zagorac Would fit the teams needs one year from now better. I believe this year is a year for the celts to put more pieces together then add the final two pieces in FA and a trade next year.

i get you on Stone, he may be very boom or bust.

Reason i went with Jackson at 23 is mainly as a third string guard option, did go with Zizic almost though. Honestly didn't think about Zagorac to the Celts actually but that would be a good option.

But in all honesty, you should be trading almost all those picks anyway to get something great (like Jimmy Butler or some other big name that is available)
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by patman52 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 10:14 am

Spens1 wrote:
patman52 wrote:I think you did a great job, I am not that enthused with Stone, and Jackson is just redundant on a team with Thomas, Smart, and Rozier all at the point. If you went Zizic at 23 and Murray at 31 and then Zagorac Would fit the teams needs one year from now better. I believe this year is a year for the celts to put more pieces together then add the final two pieces in FA and a trade next year.

Reason i went with Jackson at 23 is mainly as a third string guard option, did go with Zizic almost though. Honestly didn't think about Zagorac to the Celts actually but that would be a good option.

But in all honesty, you should be trading almost all those picks anyway to get something great (like Jimmy Butler or some other big name that is available)

IMO at this time the Celtics have too many holes at the SF, PF, Stretch 4 and center positions to think about trading 4/5 assets for one piece. With this and next years draft and FA those holes should be eliminated. next summer the celts should look see what pieces are available for trade or in FA and get the final two pieces that will allow the celts to compete. Using the kids on the roster , the other two bkn picks and the Memphis pick plus their own two picks.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#8 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 10:47 am

patman52 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

IMO at this time the Celtics have too many holes at the SF, PF, Stretch 4 and center positions to think about trading 4/5 assets for one piece. With this and next years draft and FA those holes should be eliminated. next summer the celts should look see what pieces are available for trade or in FA and get the final two pieces that will allow the celts to compete. Using the kids on the roster , the other two bkn picks and the Memphis pick plus their own two picks.

not too many holes, none that couldn't be fixed with some good signings either, which even if you got a max player you should be able to sort.

for S.F, easy. Trade 3 + 16 + Smart for Butler, star player and S.F is sorted.

Stretch 4 options are good this year, Anderson, Teletovic, Jones, Ilyasova etc. No need to really draft one when one of these 4 could be available (even if Ilyasova opts in, trading for him should be easy).

I did see the hole you had at C so i thought about Zizic or Zubac at 23 but decided Jackson is slipping far too much otherwise and i doubt Ainge would pass on a good draft steal either :lol: Stone is almost as good as the bigs available in the first anyway.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#9 » by Spens1 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 11:13 am

Draft Overview:

76ers: Brandon Ingram, Tyler Ulis, DeAndre Brembry
Lakers: Ben Simmons, Thon Maker
Celtics: Dragan Bender, Timothe Luwawu, Demetrius Jackson, Diamond Stone, Malachi Richardson, Wayne Selden, Pascal Siakim, Andrey Desyatnikov
Suns: Jaylen Brown, Henry Ellenson, Zhou Qi
Timberwolves: Kris Dunn
Pelicans: Jamal Murray, Rade Zagornac, Ben Bentil
Nuggets: Buddy Hield, Wade Baldwin IV, Taurean Prince, Prince Ibeh, Joel Bolomboy
Kings: Denzel Valentine, Perry Ellis
Raptors: Marquese Chriss, Ante Zizic
Bucks: Skal Labissiere, Caris LeVert, Patrick McCaw
Magic: Daytona Davis, Gary Payton Jr, Paul Zipser
Jazz: Jakob Poetl, Isaia Cordinier, Jake Layman, Yogi Ferrel
Bulls: Furkan Korkmaz, Robert Carter Jr
Grizzlies: Damian Jones, Michael Gbinije
Pistons: Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon
Pacers: Cheick Diallo, Anthony 'Cat' Barber
Hawks: Malik Beasley,Chinanu Onuaku, Dorian Finney-Smith
Hornets: Brice Johnson
Clippers: Ivica Zubac, Guerschon Yabusele
Spurs: Juan Alberto Hernangomez
Warriors: Petr Cornelie
Mavericks: A.J. Hammons
Nets: Kalil Felder
Rockets: Stephen Zimmerman, Georgios Papagiannis
Wizards: N/A
Trailblazers: N/A
Heat: N/A
Thunder: N/A
Knicks: N/A

if this was the actual draft how would you rate these teams draft nights?
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by patman52 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 12:06 pm

Spens1 wrote:
patman52 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

not too many holes, none that couldn't be fixed with some good signings either, which even if you got a max player you should be able to sort.

Stretch 4 options are good this year, Anderson, Teletovic, Jones, Ilyasova etc. No need to really draft one when one of these 4 could be available (even if Ilyasova opts in, trading for him should be easy).

I did see the hole you had at C so i thought about Zizic or Zubac at 23 but decided Jackson is slipping far too much otherwise and i doubt Ainge would pass on a good draft steal either :lol: Stone is almost as good as the bigs available in the first anyway.

I am not in a hurry to win a series or two. I want to compete for a Championship. There will be players next year available for trade just like they are this year.

This year I want to see the Celts help in the middle, I proposed in the other forums a trade for Koufus and I would sign Cole Aldrich.
These are the types of players and salaries that can always be moved.

Bender is at 3, Zizic/Zubak at 16, Corniellie at 23. Zadorac at 34, the other 4 2nds (31, 45, 54 and 58 ) and James Young (Gay in walk year) go for Koufos. The big picked at 16 and Zadorac play in Europe.

Center- Koufos and Aldrich (With the European big being seasoned in Europe)
PF/C Johnson, Mincey
Stretch 4 Olynyk (in last years of the deals) Bender
SF - Crowder and Corniele (Zadorac in europe)
SG - Bradley and Hunter
PG IT and Rozier
Combo Smart

Now in 2017 you have around 60 mill to sign two guys and You have 2 more BKN picks, the Memphis pick and their own picks. I think a FA or two looks at that roster and finds playing with Stevens and Ainge a chance to compete for a title.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#11 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 3, 2016 4:52 am

patman52 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
patman52 wrote:

I am not in a hurry to win a series or two. I want to compete for a Championship. There will be players next year available for trade just like they are this year.

This year I want to see the Celts help in the middle, I proposed in the other forums a trade for Koufus and I would sign Cole Aldrich.
These are the types of players and salaries that can always be moved.

Bender is at 3, Zizic/Zubak at 16, Corniellie at 23. Zadorac at 34, the other 4 2nds (31, 45, 54 and 58 ) and James Young (Gay in walk year) go for Koufos. The big picked at 16 and Zadorac play in Europe.

Center- Koufos and Aldrich (With the European big being seasoned in Europe)
PF/C Johnson, Mincey
Stretch 4 Olynyk (in last years of the deals) Bender
SF - Crowder and Corniele (Zadorac in europe)
SG - Bradley and Hunter
PG IT and Rozier
Combo Smart

Now in 2017 you have around 60 mill to sign two guys and You have 2 more BKN picks, the Memphis pick and their own picks. I think a FA or two looks at that roster and finds playing with Stevens and Ainge a chance to compete for a title.

that is true but trading 3+16 for Smart still gives you the chance to compete long term. Also gives you a better chance at a P.F free agent (like Horford) and the other stretch 4 options.

Not to mention Crowder can play their no?

Trading for Koufos is pretty simple though since his value is pretty low right now, i'd imagine you could deal for the 34th or 31st pick.

C Olynyk/Koufos/Zeller
P.F Horford/Crowder/Stretch 4 F.A
S.F Butler/Crowder/Young
S.G Bradley/Smart/Richardson (35)
P.G Thomas/Rozier/Jackson (23)

So Thats Bender + luwawu for Butler (seems fair)
31 (Diamond Stone) for Koufos (again, pretty reasonable)
Horford signed in F.A
Demetrius Jackson (23) and Malachi Richardson (35) both drafted with the rest of the picks being traded away.

That team would be pretty close to contending in the east, if not winning it given that you did it with much less talent this season. Thomas-Bradley-Butler-Horford-Olynyk isn't to be sneezed at. and then you have depth, the rest yeah, go draft euros if you wish to stash away (the Papagiannis etc)
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by patman52 » Fri Jun 3, 2016 10:46 am

I am certainly ok with Adding Free agents such as Horford and Aldrich where there is no one there at those positions now long term. And a small trade For guys like Koufos. But unless the equivalent of Horford or Durant giving a speech saying he is coming to Boston In July, I don't want to trade major assets this year.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#13 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 3, 2016 10:55 am

patman52 wrote:I am certainly ok with Adding Free agents such as Horford and Aldrich where there is no one there at those positions now long term. And a small trade For guys like Koufos. But unless the equivalent of Horford or Durant giving a speech saying he is coming to Boston In July, I don't want to trade major assets this year.

true but Butler would also help you long term anyway since he's 26 so it fits the teams timeline.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#14 » by Spens1 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:09 am

Going to bump this with my 2017 draft (Firstly with lottery teams)

1. Boston Celtics - Markell Fultz

Best overall player and does a lot of things well. Good head on his shoulders. This is probably the safest pick, he may not be as good on the passing end or defensively, but its not like he is that far behind Ball in either. Also his shooting is great, i don't think you can pass up on that.

2. L.A Lakers - Lonzo Ball

They really have the easiest decision of the draft, go with whoever isn't taken first out of Ball or Fultz. Ball provides the best fit though arguably. He is the best passer in the draft and is very good as a primary ball handler which is an area of need for the lakers with questions surrounding Russell's ability to be a primary ball handler.

3. Philadelphia 76ers - Josh Jackson

Problems with behaviour aside, this should be the easiest pick to predict. Whilst he is behind Fultz and Ball in terms of talent, he is still far ahead of anyone else in this draft. Philly need to bolster their roster basically everywhere except the front court. Yes they could use a ball handler but if the plan is to use Simmons as a Point forward then that becomes less important, giving them the opportunity to take the BPA here and get a fantastic 3&D prospect. Him, Embiid and Simmons is 3 options that really will go a long way to rebuilding this team.

4. Phoenix Suns - De'Aron Fox

I'm not as high on him as most, but they could use a young P.G because in all honesty, they have a pretty good roster in comparison to a lot of the lottery teams. They have Bledsoe at P.G already but we don't know if his future is with the suns or not and at S.F, Warren has more than proved he is good enough plus he is young. The only thing that is certain is that Booker is the man and their primary concern will be to get a good ball handler to get Booker the ball as much as possible. I personally think Smith Jr is better here but i think Fox will go 4.

5. Sacramento Kings - Jayson Tatum

The Kings certainly need a rebuild in the worst way. They were supposedly very high on Ingram around trade deadline, going as far as to suggest a straight Ingram for Cousins swap. They have Hield who has shown his ability that the kings can rely and build around. WCS will get a chance next season also. Tatum is pretty similar to Ingram in some ways. He's young (not Ingram young but young enough), has a big wingspan at 6'11 and shoots reasonably well. One area that would need improvement is his 3pt shooting which sits below 35%, that won't be good enough for the NBA. He is very solid defensively and looks like a good 3&D prospect. Honestly the Kings at 5 couldn't find a better fit than Tatum

6. Orlando Magic - Johnathan Isaac

The curious case of the Orlando Magic, its really hard to determine what they need and what they don't need. I don't think they need a P.G as such. Whilst Payton hasn't been spectacular, he is solid enough and does a good job defensively. Fournier is the S.G and since becoming the main guy there has done reasonably well i'd say. Therefore i'd say Isaac would be the best fit. There isn't a big gap in terms of talent between people from 4-9 i'd say so its more about finding the fit and Isaac at 6'11 and having a 7'1 wingspan could play at P.F, however he projects as a very big S.F right now, however if he bulks up (well he'd need to either way) he could always play P.F. He's a good scorer of the ball even if his 3pt shot isn't as impressive, good defensively at college but may struggle at the NBA because of his lanky frame (he only weighs 205 at 6'11). Overall if he fixes these little things he should be great.

7. Minnesota Timberwolves - Lauri Markkanen

The guy i think who is the perfect fit next to KAT. had a 50-40-80 season at Arizona this season. Not the best defensively and his rebounding isn't great right now but he can score and stretch the floor. Two big men who can do that will go a long way for them, who now would be putting their finishing touches on that core before making a run.

8. New York Knicks - Dennis Smith Jr

I suspect they may end up trading the pick but if they don't, they do need a P.G. Monk is an option at P.G but really, he's a S.G and that wouldn't be the best option. Smith Jr can handle the ball, shoot at an efficient rate, is a reasonably good 3pt shooter (could be better but by no ways bad) and is a solid defender. His FT shooting was surprisingly poor for a guard (71%) but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Overall my favourite prospect out of the top 3 and the guy who i think has the most potential to be a star. I think New York would do well here.

9. Dallas Mavericks - Malik Monk

Not the hardest decision, go with the BPA. Monk is a fantastic scorer having a 50-40 season whilst putting 20PPG as a freshman at Kentucky, this could be a big steal if he went this late. He may not be a primary ball handler but what he can do is put the ball in the basket and rack up points. The Mavericks will need a proper scorer after Dirk is gone. Barnes is good but not a guy you want as your #1 and Noel is not an offensive player. Monk could be that #1 guy for them. In fact i wouldn't be all that surprised if he turned out like Booker

10. Sacramento Kings - Frank Ntilinka

They do need a youngish P.G if they are going to fully rebuild. In terms of european options, he's the best in the draft. The young french P.G did pretty well at Strasbourg and has the advantage of having played pro ball in europe, and not only that, playing for one of the best teams in France who are a constant in the champions league there (not to be confused with the euroleague, which for some reason french teams don't feature in). Another prospect who shoots over 50% from F.G and 40% from 3

11. Charlotte Hornets - Donovan Mitchell

They don't need more bigs thats for certain (Zeller, Kaminsky etc), so we start looking at other positions. Kemba is the franchise player and their isn't any great prospects there and Batum is one of the success stories at S.F for them. So its a matter of S.G, MKG is good but is he great. Mitchell at least could be a solid bench S.G behind MKG or even overtake him, he's a better shooter, is a great defender at at a 6'10 wingspan, has potential to be a good player. In all honesty though i'd recommend they trade the pick and package it for a better player.

12. Detroit Pistons - Zach Collins

What a player, only played 17MPG but averaged 10/6 on 67% and 48% from 3 on solid FT numbers. Averaged 1.8BPG in that limited time. If he played a full starting role i can only imagine how high he would be (probably top 4). Putting him next to Drummond seems like the best option, he honestly seems like a guy who would become a starter by the end of the season next to Drummond.

13. Denver Nuggets - OG Anunoby

The one glaring weakness right now in their future is Faried. they have Jokic, Murray, Mudiay and even Gallinari (when healthy) who can all lead this team to great things. Faried, despite having a hell of a motor, isn't much else. He honestly may be in decline which is kind of scary considering he's still young. Anunoby brings a lot of the same qualities that Faried brings. He is a smart player, only taking good shots (why he shot 70%). He adds some stock to an area where they do have Hernangomez, but Anunoby is a different type of beast altogether.

14. Miami Heat - Ivan Rabb

Why he doesn't get more love is beyond me, but one of the top prospects going into this season, he had a good season i though. Averaging 14/10 on good F.G%'s. I think Miami would make the most of him and with Whiteside i think they'd form a pretty formidable frontcout for the next few years. I do think his stock will rise going into the draft hence why i'm going with him here over guys like Jackson, Kennard etc.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#15 » by Spens1 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:14 am

15-20

15. Portland Trailblazers - John Collins

Another pick that i think has a good chance of being traded but provided it stays put, they could use a P.F to put next to Nurkic. They have swingmen, but don't have actual P.F's. He certainly is very efficient; shooting 62% and averaged 19/10 in only 26MPG and is a decent defender, though he may have been made to look good in this area due to Wake Forest's reliance on him. Portland with this pick gets one of the most efficient players in the draft. They can't wait around to take him at 20 that's for sure.

16. Chicago Bulls - Jarrett Allen

They could very well end up with the #1 pick, but for now, they go for a bit of a compromise pick, its not a potential pick (Anigbogu), nor is it a BPA pick (Jackson), they get a bit of both, Allen has a lot of potential, but he is also capable of going now (unlike Anigbogu). Averaged 13/8 on 58% from the field along with 1.5BPG. Furthermore, he is good physically, he's 6'11 and has a 7'5 wingspan and has a 36 inch vert so he is very athletic (good for running the floor). No matter what they do, i think they've got an exciting center for now and the future.

17. Milwaukee Bucks - Luke Kennard

The Bucks could do with some spreading of the floor, Kennard offers exactly that. Whilst Middleton is their man, he hasn't been the healthiest as of late. Kennard gives them a security policy for if Middleton goes down again. Kennard is one of the best shooters in the draft (50-40 shooter) and averaged 20PPG last season for Duke. Coach K rarely coaches his guys for failure. Kennard at 21 i think would be ready to step onto that Bucks team now and would be able to get minutes.

18. Indiana Pacers - Justin Jackson

Pacers go BPA here (well he was BPA from 15 onwards really) with Jackson potentially being groomed at S.F to replace George. Their are a lot of questions over that S.F position but immediately Jackson offers good athleticism with decent shooting. He will have to bulk up as he is only 190lbs right now but Indiana does have a reputation of making picks in the 10-20 range turn out really good. He could potentially start from the get go or play significant minutes off the bench.

19. Atlanta Hawks - Ike Anigbogu

This could be a really rough offseason for Atlanta, they could lose their best player in Millsap, after losing Horford last offseason. The question is whether to think long term or draft for now. I'm going to say Atlanta draft for the future, especially if Millsap really does leave, then Howard i'm sure won't take long to follow. One of the youngest prospects in the draft, he offers a lot of energy and very good defense, averaging over a block a game in only 13MPG of action. He was efficient enough shooting over 55%, his FT shooting is atrocious so that will have to improve. But for what he lacked in terms of actual production, he made up for in athletic gifts and potential. He has a 7'6 wingspan and a 32 inch vert along with an NBA ready body. Budenholzer and his staff would have a lot of work to do with him, but if this is their pick, they may have a real diamond in the rough with Anigbogu.

20. Portland Trailblazers - Rodions Kurucs

His numbers aren't great and it may not be the most appealing pick, but Kurucs could very well translate to be an NBA starter. Whilst only shooting 31.6% from 3. The important thing to remember is he's coming off an injury, which forced him to play basically 2nd string basketball. He has shown glimpses of good ball control and can use his body to get into the paint (even if he isn't explosive). Not to mention his ball handling for a small forward is very solid, so on top of having Lillard and McCollum handling the ball, Kurucs could do that in a limited role. He isn't your typical Euro-League shooter, he probably will be more of a slasher and will be looking to get to the rim, however he can finish wide open shots, not to mention he can get his own shot off. If he had been healthier this season, I think we'd be talking about him as a lottery pick potentially.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#16 » by Spens1 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 am

Any feedback. pls :cry:
TheGMWill
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#17 » by TheGMWill » Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 am

As a Mavs watcher and fan, if Ntilikina is there at 9 , there is no way they pass on him. They've already got Wes and Steph locked into the 2 guard roles. They need a future PG stalwart. if the Frenchman in there, they take him. That being said.....if Ntilikina is NOT there, they go DSJ assuming NYK went with Frank.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#18 » by Spens1 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 am

TheGMWill wrote:As a Mavs watcher and fan, if Ntilikina is there at 9 , there is no way they pass on him. They've already got Wes and Steph locked into the 2 guard roles. They need a future PG stalwart. if the Frenchman in there, they take him. That being said.....if Ntilikina is NOT there, they go DSJ assuming NYK went with Frank.

you would take Nkilitina over Malik Monk?

Genuinely curious as Monk is widely seen as a guy who could go around 6 (though he probably falls if he doesn't go there). Or is it a case of getting the future P.G now and not really wanting to look into F.A.
TheGMWill
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#19 » by TheGMWill » Thu May 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Spens1 wrote:
TheGMWill wrote:As a Mavs watcher and fan, if Ntilikina is there at 9 , there is no way they pass on him. They've already got Wes and Steph locked into the 2 guard roles. They need a future PG stalwart. if the Frenchman in there, they take him. That being said.....if Ntilikina is NOT there, they go DSJ assuming NYK went with Frank.

you would take Nkilitina over Malik Monk?

Genuinely curious as Monk is widely seen as a guy who could go around 6 (though he probably falls if he doesn't go there). Or is it a case of getting the future P.G now and not really wanting to look into F.A.

Honestly, maybe I just don't see what others see in Monk but to me Monk is just another JR Smith type. I don't see him as anything other than a potentially high scoring 2 Guard and while those have their place in the league, picking him at 9 when what you need is a PG (speaking for the Mavs of course). And I'm not necessarily the leader of the Ntilikina fan club , but the Mavs need a PG plain and simple and Monk is not that. I know that Donnie Nelson went over to France while the Draft Lottery was going on to meet with Ntilikina. They love him.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#20 » by Spens1 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 am

21-25

21. Oklahoma City Thunder - TJ Leaf

By no means the best pick available here, but if we're talking about need and simply about need. The Thunder could use someone to stretch the floor at the P.F position who is more athletic than what they have there now. They have decent P.F's like Sabonis, but no one like TJ Leaf so that's why I could see OKC going against the grain and taking him here.

22. Brooklyn Nets - Harry Giles

Nets need to swing for the fences with this one, after losing the #1 pick, with this pick they need to get this right. With Giles they're getting an incredibly raw talent, but he is still a talent. He had no business entering the draft this year after hardly playing. But having just turned 19, Giles has one of the highest potentials in the draft, he also has the athleticism (33inch vert) and raw gifts (6'11, 7'3 wingspan) to actually become a fantastic center in this league and one of the best center's out of this draft class. What Brooklyn are signing up for isn't instant success, but for the long term, and Giles could very well end up as a top 10 guy out of this class long term.

23. Toronto Raptors - Tyler Lydon

Like OKC, this is a genuinely terrible spot for them to be picking, they don't need Center's but the BPA's are all center's. Lydon at least gives them a S.F or a P.F who can stretch the floor, get to the basket, run the floor, defend etc. He is a good all round player and a relatively safe bet. Toronto are already near the top of the east so the goal should be to consolidate with good talent in areas of need, Lydon does exactly that. He could play strong bench minutes from the getgo with this team due to his height and length.

24. Utah Jazz - Isaiah Hartenstein

The temptation is real to take Patton or Jeanne here, but Utah are probably not looking for bench players with their 24th pick, they're hoping for another piece that can start. Hartenstein is very much a project, but he has the potential to be a really big stretch 4 who has back-to-basket potential (even if he doesn't have that now) along with the shooting. Utah don't have any real glaring areas of need so they can afford to swing for the fences.

25. Orlando Magic - Justin Patton

I was thinking, maybe go with Jeanne here, but they don't need another defensive center (they have Biyombo) and Patton has been on the board for so much longer than anyone would have thought that its kind of hard to ignore him. 7 footer with a 7'3 wingspan, he shot 68% from F.G and averaged 12/6 with 1.4BPG in 25MPG at Creighton. His rebounding is a bit of a worry but he ranked 3rd in the country for TS%, something i'm sure Vogel would love in Orlando. They have Center's, but Orlando doesn't have a center as remotely efficient as Patton.

Return to Mock Drafts