Re: Want Your Team Rated? 

Post#281 » by espismark » Sun Dec 9, 2012 2:55 am

Heres my current team:

PG: Grievis Vasquez, Jeremy Lin
SG: Ray Allen, Paul George and Dwayne Wade
SF: Danny Green, Danilo Gallinari
PF: Kevin Love, Kenneth Faried, Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap
Center: Roy Hibbert, Larry Sanders

Btw: Someone is offering Jameer Nelson + MKG for my Lin and Gallinari, should I accept this trade?

And lastly, it's a 9cat consisting of 8 teams
blazekng
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#282 » by blazekng » Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:32 am

Lin, Ilya, Bargs, Lawson are destroying your team. Of the four I liked Lin/Lawson a lot going into the season, so whaddya gonna do. I still believe in Lawson; his underperformance is just inexplicable. It could end up being one of those years, but you simply can't find a suitable replacement for what we thought we were getting from him (strong No. 2 PG), so you just gotta ride or die with him.

Lin? Ugh. Pretty much the same situation.

Bargs always sucks and was a terrible pick from the start. Ilyasova I was not a fan of, but he's been picking it up recently so hopefully he ends up salvageable.

LeBron gives you some kind of hope but honestly, you're gonna need to rip people off in trades. This is one of the only times I'd suggest putting LeBron on the market. Hell, I'd put your whole team on the market. You're gonna have to get creative. Who's on FA?

Well I'm actually 3rd in my league so it is not as bad as on paper. I've been trying to trade harden+lin for upgrade but seems like the league isn't active enough for me to trade.

I expected lawson to do well as my 2nd pick but harden was my 3rd so i can't complain. Bargs and val were my homer picks haha. I did't expect the team to round out pretty good. Llyasova has been underperforming and Leonard should be back soon. They were my wire picks.

There's not much in the wire.
Danny Green, Aminu, Delfino, Calderon, Sefolosha, Novak, Bledsoe, Battier, Blatche.

Like I said my team for some odd reason balanced out and I win the most stats except for FT and FG lol..
Mr. Krabs
Sixth Man
And1: 249

Post#283 » by Mr. Krabs » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:42 pm

12 man h2h league
qwerty7
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#284 » by qwerty7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 am

blazekng wrote:Hows this team. h2h 12 man. I think I made out pretty good. I have no money riding on this one;)

Lin
Harden
DeRozan
Turner
Lebron
Llyasova
Bargs
Valanciunas
Lawson
Dorell
Gortat
Chandler
Leonard

I have a bit of everything but FG and FT seems kinda bad lol

Terrible bigs besides chandler and gortat. no 3 shooters besides harden
Apathy
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#285 » by Apathy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:17 pm

blazekng wrote:
Well I'm actually 3rd in my league so it is not as bad as on paper. I've been trying to trade harden+lin for upgrade but seems like the league isn't active enough for me to trade.

Bleh, well, there's the explanation.

There's not much in the wire.
Danny Green, Aminu, Delfino, Calderon, Sefolosha, Novak, Bledsoe, Battier, Blatche.

Like I said my team for some odd reason balanced out and I win the most stats except for FT and FG lol..

I like Calderon, even coming off the bench. I know he's been underwhelming recently but even that is playable. FG%, 3PM, FT%, assists. Neat little package that doesn't hurt you anywhere, and lord knows assists w/ few TOs are extremely hard to find. And Lowry is a big injury risk.

@krabs:

You've too many SG/SFs. JJ and Iggy probably won't trade and Evans is injured (and the best one to have since he's more PG than SG/SF). I love Deng but looks like you gotta trade him. Hard to compete w/o bigs. Nearly impossible to trade for solid bigs using good but not great SG/SF. Classic case of poor draft strategy raping your team.
HMS
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#286 » by HMS » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:27 pm

this is my first time playing fantasy basketball

what do you think of this roster? should i try to move anyone for someone better?

standard 12 team 9 cat yahoo fantasy

Deron Williams
Greivis Vasquez
Brandon Jennings
Wesley Matthews
Blake griffin
Joakim Noah
Nikola Vucevic
David Lee
Chandler Parsons
RIcky Rubio
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
JJ Reddick
Jason Thompson
Deron Williams
Greivis Vasquez
Brandon Jennings
Wesley Matthews
Blake griffin
Joakim Noah
Nikola Vucevic
David Lee
Chandler Parsons
RIcky Rubio
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
JJ Reddick
Jason Thompson
Apathy
Banned User

Post#287 » by Apathy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:24 am

I think your PGs are killing your FG%

Other than that your team's above-average

I'd shop D-Will since, judging by the few topics I've responded to today, his name value is waaay > than his actual value.
espismark
Sophomore

Post#288 » by espismark » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 pm

PG: Chris Paul, Grievis Vasquez, Jason Kidd
SG:Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Paul George
SF: MKG, Danny Green
PF: Paul Millsap, Carlos Boozer, Kenneth Faried
C: Roy Hibbert, Larry Sanders
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#289 » by Levity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am

10 team league. 12 cats. head to head weekly

pgs: rubio, dragic
sgs: beal, hayward
sfs: durant, melo, parsons
pfs: zbo, sanders, blatche, ed davis
c: dmc, noah

my fg% and to's can go either way each week, but overall how does my team look. any changes i should consider making?

im planning on dropping one of my lesser players come late january for granger, as long as reports look positive during that time.
Apathy
Banned User

Post#290 » by Apathy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Levity wrote:10 team league. 12 cats. head to head weekly

pgs: rubio, dragic
sgs: beal, hayward
sfs: durant, melo, parsons
pfs: zbo, sanders, blatche, ed davis
c: dmc, noah

my fg% and to's can go either way each week, but overall how does my team look. any changes i should consider making?

im planning on dropping one of my lesser players come late january for granger, as long as reports look positive during that time.

Your PGs are obv terribad.

But you have Durant. Durant cures all ills.

Trade Melo for PG. Melo for Paul. Melo for Curry in a 2-for-2 where you get a slight upgrade. I consider Durant, Parsons, Noah untouchable. Melo/DMC for Curry/something. Melo/Z-Bo. Your team has so much versatility; you are well-equipped to take someone out behind the shed and molest them in trade.

If Blatche starts and has a couple weeks worth of good games I'd try to shop him too. Mostly personal preference, and the fact that I think Blatche/Lopez = long-term spacing issues. Basically, I think people are more inclined to believe in Blatche's upside/hype than the chances he has of cashing in on that upside.

I really love your wings, obviously. Beal/Hayward/Parsons/Durant is broken. Dragic is a decent No. 1 PG. Rubio is overrated in fantasy imo, but maybe he can be a decent No. 2. But you want an elite No. 1.

espismark wrote:PG: Chris Paul, Grievis Vasquez, Jason Kidd
SG:Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, Paul George
SF: MKG, Danny Green
PF: Paul Millsap, Carlos Boozer, Kenneth Faried
C: Roy Hibbert, Larry Sanders

Interesting team. I like it. Paul balances out Vasquez/Kidd. Vasquez is imperfect, yes, but assists are so rare that he's one of the rare players I'll take the FG% for.

George is your most tradeable asset. He's very good so don't give him up for cheap, but someone may overpay. Hold onto D-Wade for now, his buzz is at an all-time low. You may be stuck with him all season long. Not a bad thing; he'll be a slight disappointment, sure, but SG/SFs who get PG stats are still gold.

Hibbert and Green are your sore spots. Where Hibbert goes, your team goes. That doesn't bode well.
smooveroots
Sophomore

Post#291 » by smooveroots » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 am

Hey man, I am in a yahoo H2H 9 Cat league, i am in a 12 team league.

I really like your analytic breakdown so i would like you to give me a breakdown of my team. I am so tempted to drop M Thornton, i lost out on Kawhi on wavier and the only person i would consider right now Jarret Jack & Danny Granger.

Thanks for your rating and also any thoughts on improvements i can make?
One step at a time to greatness
espismark
Sophomore

Post#292 » by espismark » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:45 am

So this is my team in my other league:
12 Team, 9cat Roto
PG: Stephen Curry, Darren Collison, Brandon Jennings
SG: Aron Afflalo, Jordan Crawford, Rodney Stuckey
SF: LBJ, AK47, Luol Deng
PF: Chandler Parsons
C: Larry Sanders, Spencer Hawes
INJ: Steve Nash
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#293 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 pm

This is a keeper league and here is my team.
Head to Head , 7 Categories (no shooting % categories), 12 teams.
Zbo
Dwight
Gay
The brow
Lillard
Bynum (got him off waivers want to see what they say Dec 20 when he gets reevaluated)
Wall
Drummond
Pekovic
JR Smith
JJ Redick
Bellinelli
Apathy
Banned User

Post#294 » by Apathy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 pm

smooveroots wrote:Hey man, I am in a yahoo H2H 9 Cat league, i am in a 12 team league.

I really like your analytic breakdown so i would like you to give me a breakdown of my team. I am so tempted to drop M Thornton, i lost out on Kawhi on wavier and the only person i would consider right now Jarret Jack & Danny Granger.

Thanks for your rating and also any thoughts on improvements i can make?

Thanks!

Jrue Holiday -- M Millsap
Dion Waiters -- Gortat
George Hill -- David Lee
Monta Ellis -- Nikola Pekovic
Nicolas Batum -- Omer Asik
M Thornton -- Carl Landry
Gordon Hayward

Shop Holiday. He's overrated imo. Now that Monta's had some good games you can start shopping him, too.

You just gotta consolidate your smalls. I would want Holiday/Hill/Ellis/Thornton/Waiters turned into a more stable group of PG/SG/SF. Some of my favorite targets right now:

Jared Dudley
Steph Curry
Dragic
Parsons
J-Lin
Iggy
Mo Williams
Collison
Gallo
Marion
Gasol

Your biggest problem is you lack top-flight talent. You don't have one top-10 player. I feel like the most likely avenue of your success is a lot of little trades, a lot of 55/45 trades you barely win. You could also use Holiday as a chip to get a top-flight PG -- Paul or Steph. A challenge trade involving Nash and Hill, maybe. What else is on the wire?

espismark wrote:So this is my team in my other league:
12 Team, 9cat Roto
PG: Stephen Curry, Darren Collison, Brandon Jennings
SG: Aron Afflalo, Jordan Crawford, Rodney Stuckey
SF: LBJ, AK47, Luol Deng
PF: Chandler Parsons
C: Larry Sanders, Spencer Hawes
INJ: Steve Nash

Good PGs, fantastic wings, awful bigs, too much invested in SG.

It's a bit annoying None of LBJ/AK/Deng/Parsons have SG eligibility. Still, you only need 2 SGs. COnsolidate Stuckey/Crawford/Hawes somehow. I'd use everyone as bait except LBJ and Curry. Bigs to target: Noah (I believe), D Lee, Al Jeff, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Davis, Nene, Millsap, KG, J-Smoove, Horford. You're gonna have to get creative.

21shumpshumpst wrote:This is a keeper league and here is my team.
Zbo
Dwight
Gay
The brow
Lillard
Bynum (got him off waivers want to see what they say Dec 20 when he gets reevaluated)
Wall
Drummond
Pekovic
JR Smith
JJ Redick
Bellinelli

Interesting roster with a lot of pieces. I'd have to know what the best teams in your L looked like to know for certain. But I love playing for the future, and you have enough sick pieces to crush your league for years if you can take the hit. Pek, Drummond, Wall, Bynum, Lillard, Brow? Fairly untouchable. Gay is for now or later, Dwight is for now or later, Zbo is for now.

I'd trade the latter three to get some safer "laters." Picks, at least one top-flight talent like Curry, maybe another glue-guy like Parsons.

Wait, no shooting %s? That **** everything up. I don't even know how to play that league anymore.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#295 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Apathy wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:This is a keeper league and here is my team.
Zbo
Dwight
Gay
The brow
Lillard
Wall
Drummond
Pekovic
JR Smith
JJ Redick
Bellinelli

Interesting roster with a lot of pieces. I'd have to know what the best teams in your L looked like to know for certain. But I love playing for the future, and you have enough sick pieces to crush your league for years if you can take the hit. Pek, Drummond, Wall, Bynum, Lillard, Brow? Fairly untouchable. Gay is for now or later, Dwight is for now or later, Zbo is for now.

I'd trade the latter three to get some safer "laters." Picks, at least one top-flight talent like Curry, maybe another glue-guy like Parsons.

Wait, no shooting %s? That **** everything up. I don't even know how to play that league anymore.

The best team in the league looks like this:
C Deandre Jordan, Hibbert,
PF Ryan Anderson, Scola
SF Melo, Gerald Wallace, Gordon Haywood
SG Kobe, Jamal Crawford
PG Jrue Holiday,Vasquez, Steve Nash.

So you would not trade Pek? I was thinking of trading him. Definitely trying to trade Zbo. You wouldn't keep Dwight and Gay? Still fairly young. Thanks for your help.
lukewa1ton
Ballboy

Post#296 » by lukewa1ton » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:45 pm

12 team 9 cat ESPN H2H League. Any advice on what I should do to improve my team? My team is:
PG: Lowry, Rubio, Conley
SG: Iggy, Jordan Crawford
SF: Parsons
PF: Ibaka, Faried
C: Howard, Anthony Davis
Apathy
Banned User

Post#297 » by Apathy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
The best team in the league looks like this:
C Deandre Jordan, Hibbert,
PF Ryan Anderson, Scola
SF Melo, Gerald Wallace, Gordon Haywood
SG Kobe, Jamal Crawford
PG Jrue Holiday,Vasquez, Steve Nash.

So you would not trade Pek? I was thinking of trading him. Definitely trying to trade Zbo. You wouldn't keep Dwight and Gay? Still fairly young. Thanks for your help.

What place are you in? I changed my mind; I think your team can contend this year and for a long time.

Pek sucks in this format w/o percentages and with turnovers. But I feel like his stock is a little down anyway. I think w/ Rubio he may play better. But because this format crushes his value, shop away.

Curry loses a ton of value in that format too, so ignore that advice. Yeah, I'm having a hard time adjusting for the lack of percentages. Obviously high-usage guards have an enormous amount of value. Lou Williams and the ilk. Greivis Vasquez. Rudy Gay. But that doesn't help you too much in terms of ripping people off because that's already the subset of players who are most likely to be overrated.

lukewa1ton wrote:12 team 9 cat ESPN H2H League. Any advice on what I should do to improve my team? My team is:
PG: Lowry, Rubio, Conley
SG: Iggy, Jordan Crawford
SF: Parsons
PF: Ibaka, Faried
C: Howard, Anthony Davis

Good PGs, good bigs, decent wings. Good team all things considered. Crawford/Howard are ruining your synergy. By that I mean that your team is such a team that it's hard to give up anyone on your roster without creating imbalance. I expect big things from Davis, at least t50 things with t25 potential. Well, Howard actually works for you since you're essentially just punting FT%; you don't have any high-FT% people whose value gets depressed because of Howard.

The main problem, of course, is that D12 is not Superman this year, so he's simply not returning his value even if you can handle the FT%.

And since none of your players really specialize in scoring, you need Crawford. I like your team but you seem stuck as it is. Which isn't a bad thing; you could contend for first place. You're obviously a smart manager. The biggest problem is that snake drafts didn't do you a favor. Those with Durant/CP3/LBJ automatically luck sack into a head start that is hard to overcome.
slim charles
Ballboy

Post#298 » by slim charles » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 pm

ESPN standard h2h 9cat 12 teams

My team

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kobe
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Ryan Andersen
G: Rubio
F: Jeff Green
C: Dwight
Util: Jeff Teague
Util: Kevin Martin
Util: Larry Sanders
Bench: Dirk
Bench: Favors
Bench: Asik

I lose ft% just about every week. My assists are mediocre but I think Rubio will help a lot with that. FG% fluctuates on how Kobe shoots that week, although he's been great this year.
XtotheDeezy
Veteran
And1: 1,790

Post#299 » by XtotheDeezy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:57 am

14 Team League Competitive
H2H Scoring
8 Cats (FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, STL, AST, BLK)
I had the 10th pick

Kyrie Irving
Ben Gordon
Ray Allen
Harrison Barnes
Nikola Vucevic
Nene
Roy Hibbert
Greg Monroe
Eric Bledsoe
Kawhi Leonard
Austin Rivers
Andre Miller
Jodie Meeks
Anthony Davis

This wasn't the original team, though. I made some moves through FA and none through trades. I'd like to dump Hibbert but his value is low right now so I'm just hoping he can at least contribute big once or twice a week. Otherwise I've been getting owned this first quarter of the season thanks to injuries.
Apathy
Banned User

Post#300 » by Apathy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:49 am

slim charles wrote:ESPN standard h2h 9cat 12 teams

My team

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Kobe
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Ryan Andersen
G: Rubio
F: Jeff Green
C: Dwight
Util: Jeff Teague
Util: Kevin Martin
Util: Larry Sanders
Bench: Dirk
Bench: Favors
Bench: Asik

I lose ft% just about every week. My assists are mediocre but I think Rubio will help a lot with that. FG% fluctuates on how Kobe shoots that week, although he's been great this year.

Have you seen The Wire?

If you traded Dwight you'd probably win FT% 7 or 8 times out of 10. Aside from Jeff Green (srsly?) and Dwight you have a good team.

XtotheDeezy wrote:14 Team League Competitive
H2H Scoring
8 Cats (FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, STL, AST, BLK)
I had the 10th pick

Kyrie Irving
Ben Gordon
Ray Allen
Harrison Barnes
Nikola Vucevic
Nene
Roy Hibbert
Greg Monroe
Eric Bledsoe
Kawhi Leonard
Austin Rivers
Andre Miller
Jodie Meeks
Anthony Davis

This wasn't the original team, though. I made some moves through FA and none through trades. I'd like to dump Hibbert but his value is low right now so I'm just hoping he can at least contribute big once or twice a week. Otherwise I've been getting owned this first quarter of the season thanks to injuries.

Hate to break it to ya, but it's time to look towards next year.

Return to Fantasy Basketball