The Official Waiver Wire Thread

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

VeOlOeV
Junior
And1: 462

Re: The Official Waiver Wire Thread 

Post#441 » by VeOlOeV » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:43 pm

What are people's thoughts on Motiejunas? He's still producing with j smoove on the team, wonder if he can keep it up much longer with terrence jones making an eventual return. I was thinking of dropping thad young but I cant bring myself to do that.
Installing......
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#442 » by Kabookalu » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:04 am

Is Robin Lopez on the waiver wire for some people? Gonna drop Nurkic for him, but don't know when exactly to do it; if I do it too close to his return date I'm scared someone else will take him.
Read on Twitter
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#443 » by The Answer! » Wed Feb 4, 2015 3:23 am

Just picked up RoLo early Monday morning on the Waiver Wire, solidifying my frontcourt.

C: Drummond/A. Jefferson/RoLo
PF: Bosh/Duncan/Draymond Green
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#444 » by Kabookalu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:02 am

Pick up Ersan Illaysova, now!

Read on Twitter
BJGOAT3
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#445 » by BJGOAT3 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:13 am

What do you guys think of Stauskas? I am trying to choose between him and Zaza, my team is solid in rebounds but Zaza sort of makes me league leader in rebounds, whereas Stauskas has potential in Pts and 3pters. My team is constructed to keep FG and FT high, so FG may be a concern for me with Stauskas. I could use 3pters though...
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#446 » by Flight33 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Someone has offered me Julius Randle and Trey Burke for Mike Conley, should I do it?
DA_SCOUT
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#447 » by DA_SCOUT » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:16 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C35Mh0aN6q0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

RAPS IN 4.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#448 » by jonny three time » Tue Nov 3, 2015 2:08 pm

I've got a tough choice here. I'm in a deep league and somehow Meyers Leonard slipped through the waivers and is a FA. My 4 worst players are Ginobli, Fournier, Plumlee and O'Quinn. I'm not worried about specific stats, just trying to put together the best long term team. Is there one of those 4 guys you would drop for Leonard, or is he hands off with how cold he's been and how little he's performed this far into his career?
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#449 » by Par36 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 5:23 am

Chandler Parsonsbonbthe waivers-worth stashing? Or am I better sticking with Meyers Leonard?
((Points based H2hh)
cvaziri
Ballboy
And1: 0

Parsons 

Post#450 » by cvaziri » Sun Dec 6, 2015 2:01 am

I picked up Chandler Parsons in free agency thinking he would return to pre-injury form and give me nice production but so far he hasn't really gotten back into form. Should I keep trying to wait it out or should I pick someone else up? There's interesting players in my free agents like Jae Crowder and Joffrey Lauvergne.
DireFantasy
Ballboy

Re: Parsons 

Post#451 » by DireFantasy » Mon Dec 7, 2015 5:28 am

cvaziri wrote:I picked up Chandler Parsons in free agency thinking he would return to pre-injury form and give me nice production but so far he hasn't really gotten back into form. Should I keep trying to wait it out or should I pick someone else up? There's interesting players in my free agents like Jae Crowder and Joffrey Lauvergne.

Jae Crowder is definitely the best option this week with 4 games to play for Boston. Denver is one of 3 teams that only plays 2 games and Dallas is 1 of 8 teams that only plays 3.

I've broken down all the team's schedule and noted how I think think it reflects waiver wire decision making: http://www.direfantasy.com/basketball-3/playing-waiver-wire-week-7-fantasy-basketball/
DireFantasy
Ballboy

Post#452 » by DireFantasy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am

Houston with the most valuable schedule to target on the waiver wire week 8: http://www.direfantasy.com/basketball-3/waiverwire-advice-pickups-cheatsheet/

48% owned Patrick Beverly has to be the top marginal add of the week.
kings_illegal
Ballboy

Post#453 » by kings_illegal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Hey guys. I'm new on this forum. I've been playing the fanasy basketball for 8 years and I think I'm really great at that game because I've got 4 championships. I'm trying to find a more challenging league.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#454 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Just a quick question:

Is MKG worth picking up off waiver wire? He had a great debut but his health history in concerning. Will he stay healthy? Will he continue to produce well?

I would be cutting Tristan Thompson if I do.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant

Post#455 » by jonny three time » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:13 pm

I need help with this quandary. My PF position is weak and I'm trying to rate/rank these 3 guys...Larry Nance jr, Kelly Olynyk and Jamychal Green. Right now I have Green and he's been fairly meh and I want to replace him for one of the other guys. I already have Horford so taking a chance on him and Olynyk being a dynamic duo is intriguing. Nance is productive when he gets minutes but I don't follow the Lakers and know whether legit minutes are a possibility.

Can you guys help me out?
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#456 » by Phish Tank » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:49 pm

jonny three time wrote:I need help with this quandary. My PF position is weak and I'm trying to rate/rank these 3 guys...Larry Nance jr, Kelly Olynyk and Jamychal Green. Right now I have Green and he's been fairly meh and I want to replace him for one of the other guys. I already have Horford so taking a chance on him and Olynyk being a dynamic duo is intriguing. Nance is productive when he gets minutes but I don't follow the Lakers and know whether legit minutes are a possibility.

I may help. Positional analysis is probably not as relevant in fantasy basketball as compared to overall stats.

What stats are you trailing in? Are you having a hard time not having enough rebounds or blocks or points?

With the above, I'm not really a fan of any one of them. Green's been a disappointment for the most part. Olynyk's gonna be behind Horford most of the year. Nance Jr just won't get enough minutes to be a reliable option.

Who else is available? Justin Hamilton's not a bad S/T option. Mike Muscala's worth a look. What about Dwight Powell?
jonny three time
Lead Assistant

Post#457 » by jonny three time » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
jonny three time wrote:I need help with this quandary. My PF position is weak and I'm trying to rate/rank these 3 guys...Larry Nance jr, Kelly Olynyk and Jamychal Green. Right now I have Green and he's been fairly meh and I want to replace him for one of the other guys. I already have Horford so taking a chance on him and Olynyk being a dynamic duo is intriguing. Nance is productive when he gets minutes but I don't follow the Lakers and know whether legit minutes are a possibility.

I may help. Positional analysis is probably not as relevant in fantasy basketball as compared to overall stats.

What stats are you trailing in? Are you having a hard time not having enough rebounds or blocks or points?

With the above, I'm not really a fan of any one of them. Green's been a disappointment for the most part. Olynyk's gonna be behind Horford most of the year. Nance Jr just won't get enough minutes to be a reliable option.

Who else is available? Justin Hamilton's not a bad S/T option. Mike Muscala's worth a look. What about Dwight Powell?

Thx for the reply. I'm not targeting any particular stats right now as my team is fairly balanced. The best overall production long term is the goal with that roster spot. It's a 12 team league with expanded rosters so the depth is equivalent to a 14 team league.

Hamilton and Muscala are currently owned. Powell is on waivers but he hasn't looked great with Dirk gone and Dirk will be back, so I wasn't as big a fan as the other options. I picked up Olynyk on the chance that he and Horford play together as all 3 of their main bigs are combo bigs and Amir looks hampered this year.

Green I've given up on, he sucks. Nance I thought could get minutes simply because their center position is so garbage that they could play he and Randle together for stretches. That was my theory anyway, but after Thursday's game that looks to not be the case.

For now I'm sticking with Olynyk on the chance he and Horford click and form a great tandem. I'll keep on eye on Powell though on your advice. Maybe he can eventually produce consistently.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Re: RE: Re: The Official Waiver Wire Thread 

Post#458 » by tribulations » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Flight33 wrote:Someone has offered me Julius Randle and Trey Burke for Mike Conley, should I do it?

Hope you took this deal? #hindsight

Sent from my SM-G935F using RealGM mobile app
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#459 » by tribulations » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Anyone taking a punt on Harrison to pick up Conley's stats? I want to drop Ish Smith and insert Jackson into my weekly lineup.

Also keen to see if Jeremy Lamb can sustain recent form

Sent from my SM-G935F using RealGM mobile app
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#460 » by pootbrah » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 am

reggie jackson just got waived...... thoughts on claiming him and dropping pat beverley?

Return to Fantasy Basketball