yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Pick up these Centers or stay put?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: Curtis Lemansky, floppymoose

Post#1 Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 pm by DoCtAFlAkE

H2H scoring 9 teams (ESPN)


PG Brandon Jennings pg
SG Arron Afflalo sg
SF Rudy Gay sf
PF Al Jefferson c, pf
C Roy Hibbert c
G Jeff Teague pg
F Kenneth Faried pf
UTIL Tyreke Evans pg, sg, sf
UTIL Gordon Hayward sg, sf
UTIL Darren Collison pg
Bench Andrew Byum c
Bench Andrei Kirilenko sf, pf
Bench Larry Sanders pf, c

Who would you go with, and why?

Pekovic c
Vucevic pf, c
Sanders pf, c
McGee c
Hickson pf, c

Thanks!
DoCtAFlAkE
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 5, 2012
Top

Post#2 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 am by dan_atko97

drop sanders for pek, even though he was just injured he should recover relatively quick and he is very good
Image
dan_atko97



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,601
And1: 186
Joined: Jul 8, 2010
Location: Brisvegas
Top

Post#3 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am by niQ

Yea, I'd also drop Sanders for Pek. Vucevic is intriguing as well since he's pretty much getting the bulk of the minutes at Center.
Image
Credits TZ
Norma Wick wrote:Ujiri is no joke, he has a proven track record with picks like Solomon Alabi.
niQ
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,238
And1: 820
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Top

Post#4 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 pm by TheToothFairy

I'd drop Sanders for Pek, vujevic or Hickson
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#5 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm by DoCtAFlAkE

Looks like Pekovic it is!
DoCtAFlAkE
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 5, 2012
Top

Post#6 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 am by loot

TheToothFairy wrote:I'd drop Sanders for Pek, vujevic or Hickson

how are vuve or hickson more valuable than sanders?
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#7 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:08 am by sunskerr

I have Hibbert as well but I also have Pekovic, Vucevic and Hickson. Lemme tell you, each one of those three guys has played better than Hibbert.
sunskerr

Suspended
User avatar
Posts: 4,133
And1: 372
Joined: Feb 19, 2010
Top

Post#8 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 am by TheToothFairy

loot wrote:
TheToothFairy wrote:I'd drop Sanders for Pek, vujevic or Hickson

how are vuve or hickson more valuable than sanders?



They start and have no real competition for minutes

Sanders has

Dalembert
Ilyasova
Gooden
Henson
Moute
Udoh

All vying for minutes
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#9 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 am by loot

And even with all that competition, Sanders providers more value. Hickson just gives 10 rebounds and nothing much else. Vucevic ditto.
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#10 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 am by TheToothFairy

loot wrote:And even with all that competition, Sanders providers more value. Hickson just gives 10 rebounds and nothing much else. Vucevic ditto.



All those Mil players are not healthy nor playing rig now, and I don't expect Ilyasova to be this bad all season

Hickson is avg 12 Rebs a game , 4th in the NBA
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#11 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 am by loot

And nothing else. Dalembert is still starting in MIL. At some point they'll start giving Sanders more touches as well. He's their best big man. I can see them dealing Ersan even.

Hickson is great for rebounds. But what does he bring as far as FG/Blk?
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#12 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm by TheToothFairy

loot wrote:And nothing else. Dalembert is still starting in MIL. At some point they'll start giving Sanders more touches as well. He's their best big man. I can see them dealing Ersan even.

Hickson is great for rebounds. But what does he bring as far as FG/Blk?



You keep picking on Hickson as if Sanders does everything better, he does not. he is a better Blocker and has good percentages thus far. BUT

He also leads the league with 5.2 fouls per game, he can't stay on the floor even if he wanted too.

I disagree with your opinion about being their best big man

Any of their bIgs can produce , Gooden had many 20/10 games last year

Henson and Udoh are just as big and higher lotto picks

Ilyasova is the most skilled and versatile

moute is their best defender

Prizbilla is even on the team

Calling Sanders their best Big is a HUGE stretch

And on top of that Milwaukees coach is very fickle

Hickson on the other hand has no competition for minutes. Leonard is not ready
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#13 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am by loot

Did you watch ANY Bucks games this year? I bet not. He's been their best big man on the floor almost every game so far. It's not the Sanders you've seen last year.

And then you go on and mention Leonard in Portland is not ready, while you DO mention Henson? Really?

Let's just present the facts.

Hickson in Yahoo, rank in 9 cat leagues, average: 138.
Larry Sanders rank in same leagues so far: 63.


That's what a good FG% and blocks do for a Big man's value.
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#14 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:15 pm by TheToothFairy

loot wrote:Did you watch ANY Bucks games this year? I bet not. He's been their best big man on the floor almost every game so far. It's not the Sanders you've seen last year.

And then you go on and mention Leonard in Portland is not ready, while you DO mention Henson? Really?

Let's just present the facts.

Hickson in Yahoo, rank in 9 cat leagues, average: 138.
Larry Sanders rank in same leagues so far: 63.


That's what a good FG% and blocks do for a Big man's value.



Sanders minutes last 2 games
17 mins
21 mins

You are arguing a point that's not being made

Sanders may be the better player but his upside is limited by his crowded team AND League leading foul rate

But Hickson has unlimited playing opportunity

Last 3 games
10 pts 13 Rebs
19pts 18rebs
13 pts 14rebs
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#15 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 am by loot

You just ignore my point that Hickson gets you JUST rebounds and nothing else. Bad FG to boot.

Sanders DOESNT need MUCH playing time to make a good OVERALL impact. Once again:

Let's just present the facts.

Hickson in Yahoo, rank in 9 cat leagues, average: 138.
Larry Sanders rank in same leagues so far: 63.


That's what a good FG% and blocks do for a Big man's value.
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#16 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:14 pm by TheToothFairy

loot wrote:You just ignore my point that Hickson gets you JUST rebounds and nothing else. Bad FG to boot.

Sanders DOESNT need MUCH playing time to make a good OVERALL impact. Once again:

Let's just present the facts.

Hickson in Yahoo, rank in 9 cat leagues, average: 138.
Larry Sanders rank in same leagues so far: 63.


That's what a good FG% and blocks do for a Big man's value.


Again you are making points nobody is making, nobody asked who is ranked higher. We can look that up

Sanders doesn't take that many shots to impact Fg% , that's a flaw in the yahoo ranking system and I think it's overrated.

That's the point, he is ranked high because of a overrated fg% and good block numbers

ESPECiALLY in H2H

This isn't Roto


JR Smih is ranked higher my yahoo League over Lebron

Would you take JR over him?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#17 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm by loot

Really? Are you comparing JR vs Bron with Sanders vs Hickson? Yeah you just did.

What I did was back up my statements about these players. I have Hickson on my dynasty team myself. I like what he brings. But not as much as what Sanders does and what Sanders will bring over the course of this season. I might even look to trade Hickson if Meyers keeps playing as well as he's been doing because unless Portland trades LMA, Hickson's minutes aren't going anywhere but down.
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#18 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm by sunskerr

loot wrote:Really? Are you comparing JR vs Bron with Sanders vs Hickson? Yeah you just did.

What I did was back up my statements about these players. I have Hickson on my dynasty team myself. I like what he brings. But not as much as what Sanders does and what Sanders will bring over the course of this season. I might even look to trade Hickson if Meyers keeps playing as well as he's been doing because unless Portland trades LMA, Hickson's minutes aren't going anywhere but down.


That's stretching it a bit. Hickson has tallied 30+minutes in his last 3 games and produced in all 3 after being played ~25 minutes before those games. A lot of people think Leonard doesn't look ready and it's true because he simply doesn't produce like Hickson, and he's a rookie.

But yes, Sanders has better fantasy value because of the blks and fg%.
sunskerr

Suspended
User avatar
Posts: 4,133
And1: 372
Joined: Feb 19, 2010
Top

Post#19 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm by loot

And Rookie's minutes tend to go up as the season progresses. Not saying he'll start this year, but I'm expecting him to get more burn as the season progresses.
Image
loot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 4,099
And1: 170
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: ebber minb
Top

Post#20 Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put?
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 pm by TheToothFairy

loot wrote:Really? Are you comparing JR vs Bron with Sanders vs Hickson? Yeah you just did.

What I did was back up my statements about these players. I have Hickson on my dynasty team myself. I like what he brings. But not as much as what Sanders does and what Sanders will bring over the course of this season. I might even look to trade Hickson if Meyers keeps playing as well as he's been doing because unless Portland trades LMA, Hickson's minutes aren't going anywhere but down.



I am comparing the yahoo ranking system that you refenced who has JR Ranked higher than Lebron to prove a point about it being flawed.


I would sell high on Hickson if I got a solid player in return

Hickson has Meyers to be concerned about

Sanders has Gooden, Moute, Ilyasova , Henson, Dalembert , Prizbilla and His High Foul rate to worry about.
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Next

Return to Fantasy Basketball


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users