Pick up these Centers or stay put?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Re: Pick up these Centers or stay put? 

Post#16 » by TheToothFairy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 pm

loot wrote:You just ignore my point that Hickson gets you JUST rebounds and nothing else. Bad FG to boot.

Sanders DOESNT need MUCH playing time to make a good OVERALL impact. Once again:

Let's just present the facts.

Hickson in Yahoo, rank in 9 cat leagues, average: 138.
Larry Sanders rank in same leagues so far: 63.

That's what a good FG% and blocks do for a Big man's value.

Again you are making points nobody is making, nobody asked who is ranked higher. We can look that up

Sanders doesn't take that many shots to impact Fg% , that's a flaw in the yahoo ranking system and I think it's overrated.

That's the point, he is ranked high because of a overrated fg% and good block numbers

ESPECiALLY in H2H

This isn't Roto

JR Smih is ranked higher my yahoo League over Lebron

Would you take JR over him?
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#17 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Really? Are you comparing JR vs Bron with Sanders vs Hickson? Yeah you just did.

What I did was back up my statements about these players. I have Hickson on my dynasty team myself. I like what he brings. But not as much as what Sanders does and what Sanders will bring over the course of this season. I might even look to trade Hickson if Meyers keeps playing as well as he's been doing because unless Portland trades LMA, Hickson's minutes aren't going anywhere but down.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,277

Post#18 » by sunskerr » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 pm

loot wrote:Really? Are you comparing JR vs Bron with Sanders vs Hickson? Yeah you just did.

What I did was back up my statements about these players. I have Hickson on my dynasty team myself. I like what he brings. But not as much as what Sanders does and what Sanders will bring over the course of this season. I might even look to trade Hickson if Meyers keeps playing as well as he's been doing because unless Portland trades LMA, Hickson's minutes aren't going anywhere but down.

That's stretching it a bit. Hickson has tallied 30+minutes in his last 3 games and produced in all 3 after being played ~25 minutes before those games. A lot of people think Leonard doesn't look ready and it's true because he simply doesn't produce like Hickson, and he's a rookie.

But yes, Sanders has better fantasy value because of the blks and fg%.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 am

And Rookie's minutes tend to go up as the season progresses. Not saying he'll start this year, but I'm expecting him to get more burn as the season progresses.
TheToothFairy
Banned User

Post#20 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:23 am

loot wrote:Really? Are you comparing JR vs Bron with Sanders vs Hickson? Yeah you just did.

I am comparing the yahoo ranking system that you refenced who has JR Ranked higher than Lebron to prove a point about it being flawed.

I would sell high on Hickson if I got a solid player in return

Hickson has Meyers to be concerned about

Sanders has Gooden, Moute, Ilyasova , Henson, Dalembert , Prizbilla and His High Foul rate to worry about.
TheToothFairy
Banned User

Post#21 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:24 am

loot wrote:And Rookie's minutes tend to go up as the season progresses. Not saying he'll start this year, but I'm expecting him to get more burn as the season progresses.

Henson is a rookie too
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant

Post#22 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 am

I'll let last night's game do the talking. And the rest of the season for that matter.
TheToothFairy
Banned User

Post#23 » by TheToothFairy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

loot wrote:I'll let last night's game do the talking. And the rest of the season for that matter.

Enjoy Hickson

Return to Fantasy Basketball