My W Chandler for his Kobe

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,949

My W Chandler for his Kobe 

Post#1 » by mastermixer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Im in first place in a head to head standard 8 person yahoo league for cash.

Should I do the trade to stash Kobe. I haven't had any really injured players all year and am kinda nervous to hold one.

My Team

PG Kyle Lowry(Tor - PG)
SG Goran Dragic(Pho - PG,SG
G Wilson Chandler(Den - SG,SF)
SF Thaddeus Young(Phi - SF,PF)
PF Andre Drummond(Det - PF,C)
F Serge Ibaka(OKC - PF,C)
C Tim Duncan(SA - PF,C)
C Joakim Noah(Chi - PF,C)
Util Dwyane Wade(Mia - PG,SG)
Util John Henson(Mil - PF,C)
BN Jonas Valanciunas(Tor - C)
BN Stephen Curry(GS - PG,SG)
BN Lance Stephenson(Ind - SG,SF)
BN Wesley Matthews(Por - SG,SF)
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,321

Re: My W Chandler for his Kobe 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:00 am

I'd probably just hold Chander. He's being playing like a top 50ish guy recently and really what will Kobe's ceiling be like when he comes back? Probably around that level and his floor will be much lower. Kobe wasn't looking too hot when he came back the first time. I doubt he'll look like the old Kobe when comes back the next time (and who knows when that will be).
jbohle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by jbohle » Thu Feb 6, 2014 1:11 am

I understand why you're skeptical about acquiring Kobe, but then again, you have to remember: it's Kobe Bryant you're talking about. Take Kobe. I don't care if he's injured, he's gonna come back strong and fighting. The Lakers are really struggling, and Kobe doesn't have but a few more years under his belt, so he's gonna push and do whatever it takes to get the Lakers into playoffs. Kobe will most likely get about 30 points a game, and aside from all the jokes, he does create plays for his teammates. He will probably get you 30, 8, and 6 on some nights. I mean, to me this isn't even something that needs time to think about. If you still have the opportunity, please get Kobe.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#4 » by Moooose » Thu Feb 6, 2014 5:49 am

I would hold on to Chandler as well, just to be on the safe side. Kobe is better, definitely. But I do not see the Lakers counting on a banged up Kobe to make the playoffs this year just to lose to the more better teams. The Lakers is 12 games behind the 8th team in the west and health and time really isn't on their side this year. They are probably better resting Kobe a little for next season.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,321

Post#5 » by Bank Shot » Thu Feb 6, 2014 3:48 pm

jbohle wrote:I understand why you're skeptical about acquiring Kobe, but then again, you have to remember: it's Kobe Bryant you're talking about. Take Kobe. I don't care if he's injured, he's gonna come back strong and fighting. The Lakers are really struggling, and Kobe doesn't have but a few more years under his belt, so he's gonna push and do whatever it takes to get the Lakers into playoffs. Kobe will most likely get about 30 points a game, and aside from all the jokes, he does create plays for his teammates. He will probably get you 30, 8, and 6 on some nights. I mean, to me this isn't even something that needs time to think about. If you still have the opportunity, please get Kobe.

I don't see this happening at all. Kobe is out at least another 3 weeks so at best, he comes back at the end of February. Then he'll take at least a couple weeks to get back into it so really, best case scenario, he's going to be pretty mediocre until the middle of March aka the start of the fantasy playoffs. He's coming off two major injuries, one of which is arguably worse than a torn ACL so he'll definitely be rusty. He was averaging under 13 points and 5.7 TOPG when he came back the first time. On top of the injuries, it makes no sense for the Lakers to bring him back. They have zero shot at the playoffs and with Pau out for a while, they have a legit shot at the second worst record. I expect the Lakers to be extremely cautious with Kobe down the stretch.

Return to Fantasy Basketball