Lakers PG Situation

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

beardofzeus
Ballboy
And1: 0

Lakers PG Situation 

Post#1 » by beardofzeus » Wed Feb 5, 2014 4:08 am

Who do you think is going to be the most valuable PG for the Lakers for the ROS? Do you think that they could have 2 of Blake, Nash or Marshall be productive simultaneously?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using RealGM Forums mobile app
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Re: Lakers PG Situation 

Post#2 » by mudyez » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:59 pm

After all probably none of them will be fantasy worthy in medium leagues.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#3 » by Moooose » Wed Feb 5, 2014 2:27 pm

Considering the potential, I'm going with Marshall.
jbohle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by jbohle » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:03 pm

Steve Nash. No doubt, Kendall Marshall has potential, but despite his 9.3 APG this season, upon Nash's first game back, Marshall was pushed to the bench. Value for two point guards really depends on Nash's health. If Nash stays healthy, Marshall will only really be valued in deeper leagues, but if Nash has lingering injury issues, then yes, Marshall would have value, but mainly on games where Nash sits. Marshall is playing great, but he's young, and Los Angeles didn't trade for the two-time MVP to stick him behind a second-year player. Once Kobe comes back, too, he won't have as much respect for a young player like Marshall as he will for a veteran like Nash, and Kobe's opinion trumps Mike D'Antoni. Lastly, D'Antoni coached Nash in Phoenix before being reunited with him in L.A., and has a lot of faith in him. He wants him on the court. I think we're looking at about 30 MPG for Nash, and the back-up point split between Marshall and Blake, even sticking one of them at an unnatural shooting guard spot. Nash is the only one that has fantasy value this year in my opinion.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#5 » by Moooose » Thu Feb 6, 2014 10:22 am

^ Nash will not play 30 mpg for the rest of the season. Chances are he will be in minutes restriction like Amare in NY. Even if D'Antoni wants to push things up and try to make the tail end of the playoffs, it is unreasonable to further risk Nash and Kobe's rehab. Not to mention the Lakers got a ton of point guards to fill in for Nash.

Of the point guards that the Lakers are looking at to possibly sign next season, Marshall has the edge. Blake is old, Farmar is an option but he has reached his ceiling. If Nash continues to sit, this could be an audition for Marshall for his next contract. IF, and that's a big if, the Lakers somehow get back at winning and would try to make a play for the playoffs, Blake can get more of the burn.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,327

Post#6 » by Bank Shot » Thu Feb 6, 2014 3:31 pm

The only guy I like is Blake. Nash won't hold up and D'Antoni has already said that Marshall is going to be coming off the bench long-term and 20-25 minutes for Marshall won't be enough to keep him relevant. Farmar is ok but he'll be coming off the bench in any game Nash plays, so he'll be useless every other game. Blake's the only one of the group who plays SG so he's the best bet for consistent minutes. Don't forget that Blake was having a very nice season before he hurt his elbow. He was putting up 9 points, 8 assists, and 1.8 threes.
jbohle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#7 » by jbohle » Thu Feb 6, 2014 5:14 pm

Alright Moooose, maybe you're right and I might be overestimating Nash's workload the rest the season, but I still see him getting at least 25. I see Nash at point, Blake at the 2 guard with Marshall and Farmar coming off the bench. A younger Blake may see 4 or 5 more minutes a game than Nash, but I still would take Nash if anyone, and Blake would be my second choice. Regardless, there are so many point guards on the Lakers and I really don't see any of them having true fantasy value once Kobe returns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Fantasy Basketball