Amir for T. Jones?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

arbenchong
Ballboy
And1: 1

Amir for T. Jones? 

Post#1 » by arbenchong » Wed Feb 5, 2014 10:20 am

I have been offered Jameer Nelson + Terrence Jones for my Amir Johnson and A. Bradley.

Should i pull the trigger? Thanks a lot!
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Amir for T. Jones? 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Wed Feb 5, 2014 2:40 pm

I would do that trade.

Jones is more consistent than Amir, and he could end up retaining his minutes throughout the season. Amir is losing some minutes to Patterson, and he's been very very inconsistent thus far. Jones can hurt your FT% though.

Nelson is also posting better numbers and is more efficient than Bradley.
jbohle
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Amir for T. Jones? 

Post#3 » by jbohle » Wed Feb 5, 2014 7:30 pm

Pull the trigger now before he takes it back. Terrence Jones is a monster with high potential and a high ceiling, whereas Amir Johnson will get you 16 and 11 on a good night. And Jameer Nelson is better than Bradley, too. Nelson will score, assist, and hit the three ball for you, and Bradley's production has been declining and will keep declining as Rondo gets back into the swing of things. You're basically getting two better players, there's no reason whatsoever to say no to that.

Over the past month, Jones is averaging 16.7 PPG, 9.3 RPG, and 1.5 BPG, whereas Johnson is averaging 8.4 PPG, 6.1 RPG, and 1 BPG in less minutes. Johnson is too constrained by Patrick Patterson and Jonas Valanciunas, and Terrence Jones is the starting and only true power forward on the Houston Rockets.

Done deal.

Return to Fantasy Basketball