FT: 1-13-0
3's: 11-3-0
Pts: 10-4-0
Rebs: 9-5-0
Asts: 9-5-0
Stls: 10-4-0
Blks: 11-3-0
TO's: 4-10-0

As you can see, my team is horrendous in FG/FT/TO's. I was thinking of just punting those cats and strengthening my rebounds and assists. Still not sure about that decision.

Probably looking for a big that can rebound, dish some assists and shoot at a good clip. Is that what would be good for my team?

I want to move Josh Smith and Trey Burke because they're the biggest culprits against FG/FT/TO.

There are a couple teams weak in what Smith could "provide" them and they have the following players.

David Lee
Harden
Griffin
Monroe
Randolph
Bogut
Turner
LBJ
Dirk
Pekovic
Trillard
Dragic
LMA

Who should I target that would help me out?
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Trade Advice, trading my Josh Smith & Trey Burke 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Thu Feb 6, 2014 8:04 pm

If your strategy is to punt the efficiency stats - percentages and TO, then I think Smith and Burke are perfect fits. You cannot turn around your team to win your efficiency stats in a snap, unless you have planned on going for those cats right in the draft. Build on your strengths and punt categories in which you cannot win. And looking at your stats, you seem to be a lock on the other 6 cats.

You can probably make a play for an upper tier guy like Aldridge or even Bogut plus a more-than-a-waiver-wire filler, preferably someone with assists and steals. Bogut's been hot lately and barring any injury, I don't see him losing minutes to anyone on the GSW's roster. But if in any case the other manager refuses your offer, I think your team is still good as it is.
akaFlip
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#3 » by akaFlip » Fri Feb 7, 2014 1:17 pm

Moooose wrote:If your strategy is to punt the efficiency stats - percentages and TO, then I think Smith and Burke are perfect fits. You cannot turn around your team to win your efficiency stats in a snap, unless you have planned on going for those cats right in the draft. Build on your strengths and punt categories in which you cannot win. And looking at your stats, you seem to be a lock on the other 6 cats.

You can probably make a play for an upper tier guy like Aldridge or even Bogut plus a more-than-a-waiver-wire filler, preferably someone with assists and steals. Bogut's been hot lately and barring any injury, I don't see him losing minutes to anyone on the GSW's roster. But if in any case the other manager refuses your offer, I think your team is still good as it is.

If I'm punting those cats you think it'd be smart for me to go for players like Dwight, drummond or deandre?
I'm liking Millsap, would he be a fair option?
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#4 » by Moooose » Sat Feb 8, 2014 9:15 am

^ On the poor FT shooters like Dwight and company, yes. Dwight is ranked so low because of his poor FT shooting and horrendous TO rate. Drummond and DeAndre Jordan posts more efficient stats because of their very high FG% and low TO rates.

Millsap is doing good but he's not really blocking shots like those three mentioned above.

Return to Fantasy Basketball