Blatche, Tristan, or Henson?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

DerekYellow
Ballboy
And1: 1

Blatche, Tristan, or Henson? 

Post#1 » by DerekYellow » Thu Feb 6, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm in desperate need of a big man who can rebound and blocks on a consistent basis since Al Horford went down for me smh. Which of these 3 can help me the most? I have Blatche at the moment, but I'm looking for opinions on Tristan and Henson on my waiver wire. I'm afraid of Henson losing minutes to ilyasova..

10 M H2H 9 Cats

PG: The Dragon, Lawson
SG: Evans, Iggy, Martin
SF: PG24, Parsons, Pierce
PF: Josh Smith, Cousins
C: Jordan, Marc Gasol, Blatche
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Blatche, Tristan, or Henson? 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Thu Feb 6, 2014 7:52 pm

Blatche is the more efficient player out of that group, but it looks like you are not trying to win the FT% cat anyway with DeAndre, Iggy, and Josh Smith in there.

I'd say if you need blocks, Henson will give you a ton. And with Ilyasova not really playing well, and injured, he will get minutes. Tristan Thompson is in some kind of slump lately but he rebounds well, not much blocks though.

So with that, IMO, Henson will help you the most. Just because Blatche's percentages, notably his FT shooting will not matter that much anyway.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#3 » by ronnymac2 » Thu Feb 6, 2014 9:09 pm

I'd roll with Henson, all 3 will have consistency issues. The only constant thing about any of them is Tristan's rebounding, but he kind of sucks at everything else. Henson has the most upside for what you're looking for.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Post#4 » by Bank Shot » Thu Feb 6, 2014 11:03 pm

TT is definitely third. The lack of defensive stats give him a very low ceiling. I don't think TT needs to be owned in a 10 team league.

Henson vs Blatche is really tough. Before this Larry Sanders resurgence I would have said definitely Henson. Both guys are great on a per minute basis but the minutes are an issues. If you can take the FT% hit, I would still pick Henson but it's close.

Return to Fantasy Basketball