Bogut/Parsons for Noah/Carroll 

Post#1 » by ronnymac2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 am

Andrew Bogut/Chandler Parsons for Joakim Noah/DeMarre Carroll

I have Bogut and Parsons. The playoff schedule that matters is as follows:

Bogut: 2 games, 4 games
Parsons: 3 games, 4 games

Noah: 3 games, 4 games
Carroll: 4 games, 4 games

So I'd get two extra games in the semifinals.

Should I make this trade?
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
rukawa0421
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Bogut/Parsons for Noah/Carroll 

Post#2 » by rukawa0421 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 am

I kindly recommend you this website:
http://www.fansboard.com
There are useful tools that may help you make the decision.

For example, you should compare these players' ability.
Ability tool could fulfill your needs.
Noah vs. Bogut
http://www.fansboard.com/playerAbility? ... oakim-Noah
Carroll vs. Parsons
http://www.fansboard.com/playerAbility? ... re-Carroll

It is also important that which teams your Players' opponents are.
Some players' EFF dropped because of specific teams.
http://www.fansboard.com/splitStats?pla ... er-Parsons
http://www.fansboard.com/splitStats?pla ... re-Carroll
http://www.fansboard.com/splitStats?player=Joakim-Noah
http://www.fansboard.com/splitStats?player=Andrew-Bogut

I hope this will help you.
Good luck!
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#3 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:09 pm

ronnymac2 wrote:Andrew Bogut/Chandler Parsons for Joakim Noah/DeMarre Carroll

I have Bogut and Parsons. The playoff schedule that matters is as follows:

Bogut: 2 games, 4 games
Parsons: 3 games, 4 games

Noah: 3 games, 4 games
Carroll: 4 games, 4 games

So I'd get two extra games in the semifinals.

Should I make this trade?

I would take that trade and Run. Noah has been Beasting lately and every year Bogut misses tons of games due to injury.

Though Parsons is way better than carroll currently, Carroll still gives across the board production and atlanta have a 4/4/4 playoff sched.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,217

Post#4 » by Bank Shot » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Oh man that's a huge steal. Noah for Parsons and Bogut alone would be interesting. Carroll is a top 40 guy ROS with a perfect playoff sched imo.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#5 » by ronnymac2 » Wed Mar 5, 2014 7:48 am

Bank Shot wrote:Oh man that's a huge steal. Noah for Parsons and Bogut alone would be interesting. Carroll is a top 40 guy ROS with a perfect playoff sched imo.

With regards to Noah vs. Parsons (Forget about Bogut and Carroll), who do you think is better taking into account Noah's injury history in past years?
Bank Shot
RealGM

Post#6 » by Bank Shot » Wed Mar 5, 2014 4:54 pm

ronnymac2 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:Oh man that's a huge steal. Noah for Parsons and Bogut alone would be interesting. Carroll is a top 40 guy ROS with a perfect playoff sched imo.

With regards to Noah vs. Parsons (Forget about Bogut and Carroll), who do you think is better taking into account Noah's injury history in past years?

I prefer Noah for sure. The plantar fasciitis is the only injury that I worry about with Noah and that hasn't popped up this year. I actually stayed away from him in drafts for the first time in years because of it but so far, so good. Rose being out helps too. He's really their entire team and I expect him to grind out any bumps and bruises.

I also like Noah because he's one of those guys who can win a H2H matchup by himself. Parsons is steady but you're never going to see him blow up and swing a week. I like having that upside in the playoffs. A guy like Noah can make up for some duds by other guys on your team.

Also, Noah has just been flat out better than Parsons lately. Noah's been second round value over the last month, while Parsons has only been 5th.
ronnymac2
RealGM

Post#7 » by ronnymac2 » Wed Mar 5, 2014 7:46 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
ronnymac2 wrote:

I prefer Noah for sure. The plantar fasciitis is the only injury that I worry about with Noah and that hasn't popped up this year. I actually stayed away from him in drafts for the first time in years because of it but so far, so good. Rose being out helps too. He's really their entire team and I expect him to grind out any bumps and bruises.

I also like Noah because he's one of those guys who can win a H2H matchup by himself. Parsons is steady but you're never going to see him blow up and swing a week. I like having that upside in the playoffs. A guy like Noah can make up for some duds by other guys on your team.

Also, Noah has just been flat out better than Parsons lately. Noah's been second round value over the last month, while Parsons has only been 5th.

Thanks for the advice. It's a tough decision.

Rudimentary question: You can make drops and adds during the playoffs, right? First year doing fantasy. :lol:
Bank Shot
RealGM

Post#8 » by Bank Shot » Wed Mar 5, 2014 7:52 pm

ronnymac2 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:
ronnymac2 wrote:

Rudimentary question: You can make drops and adds during the playoffs, right? First year doing fantasy. :lol:

Haha no worries. Ya you can, and use all of them each week. Pick a roster spot or two and stream it all week. Playoffs are as much about quantity as they are quality.
ronnymac2
RealGM

Post#9 » by ronnymac2 » Sun Mar 9, 2014 9:56 am

Bank Shot wrote:
ronnymac2 wrote:
Bank Shot wrote:

Haha no worries. Ya you can, and use all of them each week. Pick a roster spot or two and stream it all week. Playoffs are as much about quantity as they are quality.

Thanks for the advice man, I ended up trading for Noah. Dude is a beast, happy to have him on my squad.

Return to Fantasy Basketball