Rate My Team For Playoffs! Will Help in Return!

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

WhiteMambaLol
Junior
And1: 5

Rate My Team For Playoffs! Will Help in Return! 

Post#1 » by WhiteMambaLol » Fri Mar 7, 2014 6:47 am

h2h, 10 team, 9 cat

Wall Conley Calderon
Hayward Beal Oladipo
Durant Marion Singler
Ibaka Millsap
Hawes Valanciunas

Im 1st in my league. i am tanking turnovers.

strengths: ft%, 3s, assists, pts, steals (somewhat), blocks (somewhat)
weakenesses: fg%, rebounds.

Make any moves? Will help in return if you need advice
Should i tank rebounds as well and go for Hibbert (to lock up blocks) for maybe Calderon and Valanciunas (the owner would do this), and pickup would probably be Danny Green
Firekillex
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Rate My Team For Playoffs! Will Help in Return! 

Post#2 » by Firekillex » Sat Mar 8, 2014 2:14 am

pretty solid team, id say pick up hibbert for calderon and jonas to try and win blocks every week, plus if you get danny green and he stays hot youll be a lock for 3s pretty much to. You only need to have 5 strong categories so i think youd be good doing that trade for sure...

think i need to make any adjusements on my team ? 12 team h2h yahoo, currently in 2nd probably a lock for a bye week in playoffs

patrick beverly/ mike conley/ kemba walker
batum/ wes matthews/ middleton( rotation player )
luol deng/ terrence jones / rudy gay
drummond/noah/ bogut/ david lee

i was thinking about moving bogut for a forward, i usually win rebound by a big margin but im not sure
WhiteMambaLol
Junior

Post#3 » by WhiteMambaLol » Sat Mar 8, 2014 5:21 am

i would keep bogut for the blocks. drummond and noah are solid but bogut will give you the egde against teams with hibbert and ibaka.

overall i like your team. it doesnt have a superstar first rounder but very deep and i dont see any real weakness. maybe just points. id stay put, in a 12 team i think you will win championship with that team.
Firekillex
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Firekillex » Sat Mar 8, 2014 6:57 am

ya i just traded dwayne wade and channing frye for noah and bogut which i think helped my team a lot, my first pick of the year was chris paul but i traded him for kemba walker and david lee which i had to do. My strategy was to just have a well balanced team in all categories, my first year doing fantasy . But im thinking i have a good chance and the championship, the percentages are the categories that have been screwing me over lately, but i just grabbed middleton instead of felton which got my % up a bit, i just rotate him in with whoever is hot that week which i think will work. Best of luck tho, lets get that ship $$
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#5 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Sun Mar 9, 2014 1:50 pm

Val is such an anomaly. You know he will give you 12-14ppg 8-10rpg when given 26+ minutes, but when he gets those minutes seems inconsistent. I do like Val though for the rocking 4-4-4 playoff schedule (mind you so does Hibbert)

If I was looking to package Calderon and Val though I would see if they would do a 2 for 2 ( I hate getting Spures players around playoffs).

What does the other team look like that has Hibbert
WhiteMambaLol
Junior

Post#6 » by WhiteMambaLol » Sun Mar 9, 2014 4:47 pm

F1uxCapacit0r wrote:Val is such an anomaly. You know he will give you 12-14ppg 8-10rpg when given 26+ minutes, but when he gets those minutes seems inconsistent. I do like Val though for the rocking 4-4-4 playoff schedule (mind you so does Hibbert)

If I was looking to package Calderon and Val though I would see if they would do a 2 for 2 ( I hate getting Spures players around playoffs).

What does the other team look like that has Hibbert

Thanks for the response. I just picked up Faried and dropped Marion (been brutal and people in my league dont value him so i can grab him up if he turns it around). Dropped Singler for Green, cause Green's blocks are very useful to me and he might be starting to get hot 4/4 from downtown last night (although I agree with you about spurs players).

The Hibbert team is pretty bad overall here it is...

Lillard
Jennings
Knight
Foye
Korver
J Green
Dunleavy
Henson
Tyson Chandler
Hibbert
Anthony Davis
Markieff Morris
Taj Gibson
Henson
F1uxCapacit0r
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#7 » by F1uxCapacit0r » Sun Mar 9, 2014 5:24 pm

In my other league I dropped Marion for Faried for the exact same reason haha.

If you really didn't like Calderon, I would consider going after T Chandler instead of Hibbert.

Similar production, you can get him straight up for Calderon, he actually rebounds,

NY has a 3-4-4 playoff schedule. Since your team is in first that first week is irrelevant (depending on league set up)
WhiteMambaLol
Junior

Post#8 » by WhiteMambaLol » Sun Mar 9, 2014 7:29 pm

F1uxCapacit0r wrote:In my other league I dropped Marion for Faried for the exact same reason haha.

If you really didn't like Calderon, I would consider going after T Chandler instead of Hibbert.

Similar production, you can get him straight up for Calderon, he actually rebounds,

NY has a 3-4-4 playoff schedule. Since your team is in first that first week is irrelevant (depending on league set up)

He actually offered Chandler for Calderon straight up. Few things I am concerned about though.

1) Even though Calderon only averages about 5 assists. I think losing that would hurt me. 2 of the other top contending teams are strong in assists (one has Curry, Westbrook, Deron) and the other had (CP3, Kemba, and IT2). Also, those 2.4 3's Calderon gets are really nice (but potentially i can afford that loss, especially if Green keeps draining them)

2) Chandler doesn't provide many blocks. I was going for Hibbert because i know with Hibbert + Ibaka (and my other decent blockers - Hawes, Millsap, JV, Faried, Green even) i would have blks on lock. But not for sure with Chandler. Chandler would be a nice boost to rebounds, and fg% (which i am weak in - around 46% for the year).

- question: i have been about 50% winning v losing rebounds - if i got Chandler, do you think my team could compete against the best rebounding teams (the best rebounding team has - Drummond, Howard, Cousins, Griffin, Varejao) ??

Thanks for the help man. Appreciate it.
supermelo
Banned User
And1: 27

Post#9 » by supermelo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:38 am

you should try this...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/axu40za6x7rhs ... 112423.png

all of the cates were adjusted to normalized cates to compare together, and you can select "game range, time on court, players' position" etc. that will be very helpful for you.

website here: (set the cates you want)
http://www.fansboard.com/dataScatter

good luck

Return to Fantasy Basketball