30 team dynasty looking for a few replacement owners

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Goon
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,332

30 team dynasty looking for a few replacement owners 

Post#1 » by Goon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:03 pm

I hope I picked the right topic, otherwise please move this to the correct place.

So we have a 30 team dynasty league going on. H2H points scoring, we have salary cap, contracts, 2 round rookie draft annualy, etc,.. everything is in place to mimic the real life NBA.

We currently discovered that a few teams were colluding together to build one super team, so those owners got kicked and 5 teams got open. So to try and repair those teams, we have scheduled a 5 team re-draft. So those 5 new owners, will have an internal draft where they'll pick from the pot of all players owned by those 5 teams. This way all 5 teams continue from an equal position. Picks owned between those teams will also be included. We use proboards for the league and ESPN for scoring.

If anyone is interested, let me know. This place isn't the most active atm, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Regards, Goon.
hardensoul
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: 30 team dynasty looking for a few replacement owners 

Post#2 » by hardensoul » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:28 am

I'm interested, but to be honest, I'm new to the whole dynasty format with these kinds of restrictions (salary cap, contracts, ie), so I'd need a bit of an explanation. But yeah, I'm very interested, email me at a.is.wazabi@gmail.com with info. Thanks
cherryp1cker
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by cherryp1cker » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:06 am

I'm interested as well. Can I get more info?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Goon
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Goon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:28 am

Unfortunatelly we filled all open teams late yesterday. These type of leagues usually fill up fast, you were just a few hours late.

In the future if anything opens up I'll post an update in here and contact you, if you'll still have interest. Cheers.
asimpsonxd
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#5 » by asimpsonxd » Tue Aug 5, 2014 4:17 pm

Goon wrote:Unfortunatelly we filled all open teams late yesterday. These type of leagues usually fill up fast, you were just a few hours late.

In the future if anything opens up I'll post an update in here and contact you, if you'll still have interest. Cheers.

Hey i would like to create a league like this, do you do this offline/ or a specific website? Any information you could send me would be great!
Goon
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Goon » Tue Aug 5, 2014 4:46 pm

asimpsonxd wrote:
Goon wrote:Unfortunatelly we filled all open teams late yesterday. These type of leagues usually fill up fast, you were just a few hours late.

Hey i would like to create a league like this, do you do this offline/ or a specific website? Any information you could send me would be great!

We use ESPN for scoring, two leagues, one for each conference. And just so we also have some games between conferences during the regular season, each team has 3 bye weeks, during which you play an opponent from the other coference. All together each team has 17 regular season games.
We also have a 3rd ESPN league used just for playoffs.

But all activity, trading, FA signings, chat,.. is done on a forum. This is our forum structure, bolded are boards and under them are all topics we have:
NBA DYNASTY ORGANIZATION
LEAGUE RULES
OFFICIAL ROSTERS/PICK OWNERSHIP (spreadsheet done in google docs with all current cap situations and pick ownership for all teams)
COMMISSIONERS OFFICE (ONLY ADMINS have access, where they talk about league matters)
LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS (important announcements by league manager)
POLLS AND SUGGESTIONS (For talk on league improvements)
GENERAL BOARD (general talk)
OUT OF TOWN (for posting when you'll be unable to come online for longer periods)
NBA.COM
LEAGUE STANDINGS
SCORES & SCHEDULES (used for East vs West matchups)
LEAGUE NEWS
RUMORS (we have a few guys who post as reportsers to make ti feel real hehe
POWER RANKINGS
YEARLY AWARDS
TRADING CENTER
TRADING BLOCK (each team has one topic)
TRADE REVIEW (where all trades are posted and revewed)
TRADE APPROVAL BOARD (quality members are a part of trade approval board, they vote on trades, usually consist of 8 members, 3 votes for/against make the trade official)
CONTRACT COMMITTEE
FREE AGENCY (FA bidding)
WAIVERS (where you drop players)
CONTRACT REQUESTS (like team options, IR, etc)
DRAFT CENTER
DRAFT ROOM (where draft selections are posted
THEN ALL 6 DIVISIONS WITH A TOPIC FOR EACH TEAM

And the rules are made in a way to replicate the real life NBA. We have a simplified bird rights rule, hard cap at 70M, FA bidding is done as an open style auction, where GM's bid with their cap, we also use a multiplier with which to calculate how much each offer is worth, and the longer the contract offer, the higher the multiplier (4 year is max, or if you have bird rights you can offer 5 years). We have restricted free agents, annual 2 round rookie draft, rookie contracts are based on the real rookie scale. Etc.

If you want any more help/info just let me know, or send me a PM so we won't post too much in here.
asimpsonxd
Sophomore

Post#7 » by asimpsonxd » Wed Aug 6, 2014 1:03 pm

Goon wrote:
asimpsonxd wrote:

We use ESPN for scoring, two leagues, one for each conference. And just so we also have some games between conferences during the regular season, each team has 3 bye weeks, during which you play an opponent from the other coference. All together each team has 17 regular season games.
We also have a 3rd ESPN league used just for playoffs.

But all activity, trading, FA signings, chat,.. is done on a forum. This is our forum structure, bolded are boards and under them are all topics we have:
NBA DYNASTY ORGANIZATION
LEAGUE RULES
OFFICIAL ROSTERS/PICK OWNERSHIP (spreadsheet done in google docs with all current cap situations and pick ownership for all teams)
COMMISSIONERS OFFICE (ONLY ADMINS have access, where they talk about league matters)
LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS (important announcements by league manager)
POLLS AND SUGGESTIONS (For talk on league improvements)
GENERAL BOARD (general talk)
OUT OF TOWN (for posting when you'll be unable to come online for longer periods)
NBA.COM
LEAGUE STANDINGS
SCORES & SCHEDULES (used for East vs West matchups)
LEAGUE NEWS
RUMORS (we have a few guys who post as reportsers to make ti feel real hehe
POWER RANKINGS
YEARLY AWARDS
TRADING CENTER
TRADING BLOCK (each team has one topic)
TRADE REVIEW (where all trades are posted and revewed)
TRADE APPROVAL BOARD (quality members are a part of trade approval board, they vote on trades, usually consist of 8 members, 3 votes for/against make the trade official)
CONTRACT COMMITTEE
FREE AGENCY (FA bidding)
WAIVERS (where you drop players)
CONTRACT REQUESTS (like team options, IR, etc)
DRAFT CENTER
DRAFT ROOM (where draft selections are posted
THEN ALL 6 DIVISIONS WITH A TOPIC FOR EACH TEAM

And the rules are made in a way to replicate the real life NBA. We have a simplified bird rights rule, hard cap at 70M, FA bidding is done as an open style auction, where GM's bid with their cap, we also use a multiplier with which to calculate how much each offer is worth, and the longer the contract offer, the higher the multiplier (4 year is max, or if you have bird rights you can offer 5 years). We have restricted free agents, annual 2 round rookie draft, rookie contracts are based on the real rookie scale. Etc.

If you want any more help/info just let me know, or send me a PM so we won't post too much in here.

Had to respond on here due to my inability to PM (new to real gm). Sounds amazing and a lot of work. That is exactly the type of league i am looking for. Please let me know if any openings ever arise! I may try to set up something similar closer to the season and may hit you up.

thanks ton :)
asimpsonxd
Sophomore

Post#8 » by asimpsonxd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Goon wrote:I hope I picked the right topic, otherwise please move this to the correct place.

So we have a 30 team dynasty league going on. H2H points scoring, we have salary cap, contracts, 2 round rookie draft annualy, etc,.. everything is in place to mimic the real life NBA.

We currently discovered that a few teams were colluding together to build one super team, so those owners got kicked and 5 teams got open. So to try and repair those teams, we have scheduled a 5 team re-draft. So those 5 new owners, will have an internal draft where they'll pick from the pot of all players owned by those 5 teams. This way all 5 teams continue from an equal position. Picks owned between those teams will also be included. We use proboards for the league and ESPN for scoring.

If anyone is interested, let me know. This place isn't the most active atm, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Regards, Goon.

Goon i cant pm you but im definitely in. Pm me the link please!!!
Goon
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Goon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Sent. Register and I'll confirm you, then post under Sign Up on the General board. You have all writen there what to do. :)

The open team is Washington Wizards. You'll have some work to do but it should be a fun challenge, you own LeBron James. For all info contact me on the forum, my name there is Rocky, I'm the Pelicans GM.
Bluejay
Banned User
And1: 354

Post#10 » by Bluejay » Thu Oct 2, 2014 6:11 pm

If you ever get another team open I'm willing to run it. I'm betting the NBA through the whole season so I stay active but I'm a bit more iffy on the salary/cap stuff since I never learned about it tbh. I'm sure I can pick it up though. I have fantasy experience, 1 year H2H pts league (winner! /humblebrag) and semi reg daily fantasy for last 2 years.
Goon
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by Goon » Sat Nov 1, 2014 8:02 pm

Me again, we have one open team, as said before, it's a 30 team dynasty H2H points league, with salary cap, contracts, 2 round rookie draft annualy, etc,.. everything is in place to mimic the real life NBA. We use proboards forum to run it and the scoring is done on ESPN.

The team is Utah Jazz, with a few nice prospects to build on, like Michael Carter-Williams, Tobias Harris, Otto Porter Jr., Maurice Harkless, Markieff Morris all still on their rookie contracts.

Experienced fantasy basketball players who are interested in multi-year franchise building are favored.

Regards, Goon.

E: Team filled.

Return to Fantasy Basketball