3-point Percentage
Points Scored
Offensive Rebounds
Defensive Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Blocked Shots
Turnovers

Would you rely on big men to get automatic stats for oreb, dreb, fg, blocks? Or will you try to draft balanced players. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
chaps316
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: How will you draft 

Post#2 » by chaps316 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:22 pm

arbenchong wrote:How will you draft if the scoring setting would be:

Field Goal Percentage
Free Throw Percentage
3-point Shots Made
3-point Percentage
Points Scored
Offensive Rebounds
Defensive Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Blocked Shots
Turnovers

Would you rely on big men to get automatic stats for oreb, dreb, fg, blocks? Or will you try to draft balanced players. Thanks for the help!

I'm a big fan of the PGs+Bigs theory.

Like you said, the bigs give you points, oreb, dreb, fg% & blocks.

The PGs give you points, 3s, 3%, assists, steals.

I always punt Turnovers cause the goal is to acquire great players in order to win. Great players play lots of minutes and always have the ball in their hands, so screw the turnover category. If you want low turnovers, draft scrubs. Know what I mean?

I then fill out the SG & SF positions with cheap 3s.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#3 » by Moooose » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:39 am

Like what chaps posted above, the PG and bigs style of drafting works for almost any format. I use the same method of drafting for most of my leagues but had to put extra considerations on those differences with the normal league settings / scoring.

I've been in a similar league like what you have posted above, I can't remember exactly if I won that league but I can remember appreciating guys like Channing Frye who shoots a lot of threes and rebounds well. Think it was a long time ago since Frye is years away from the peak of his career. Anyways, I think if I'd be in the same league again right now, I'd consider drafting bigs who shoots threes.
arbenchong
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by arbenchong » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:07 am

chaps316 wrote:
arbenchong wrote:How will you draft if the scoring setting would be:

Field Goal Percentage
Free Throw Percentage
3-point Shots Made
3-point Percentage
Points Scored
Offensive Rebounds
Defensive Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Blocked Shots
Turnovers

I'm a big fan of the PGs+Bigs theory.

Like you said, the bigs give you points, oreb, dreb, fg% & blocks.

The PGs give you points, 3s, 3%, assists, steals.

I always punt Turnovers cause the goal is to acquire great players in order to win. Great players play lots of minutes and always have the ball in their hands, so screw the turnover category. If you want low turnovers, draft scrubs. Know what I mean?

I then fill out the SG & SF positions with cheap 3s.

Thanks for the tip man! Our league have already drafted and i think i did very well.

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
G - Reggie Jackson
SF - Draymond Green
PF - Terrence Jones
F - Channing Frye
C - Deandre Jordan
C - Robin Lopez
Util - Pat Beverly
Util - Marvin Williams (Thinking of dropping it later in the season and pick up sleepers)
Bench - James Ennis

Thoughts?
arbenchong
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by arbenchong » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:10 am

Moooose wrote:Like what chaps posted above, the PG and bigs style of drafting works for almost any format. I use the same method of drafting for most of my leagues but had to put extra considerations on those differences with the normal league settings / scoring.

I've been in a similar league like what you have posted above, I can't remember exactly if I won that league but I can remember appreciating guys like Channing Frye who shoots a lot of threes and rebounds well. Think it was a long time ago since Frye is years away from the peak of his career. Anyways, I think if I'd be in the same league again right now, I'd consider drafting bigs who shoots threes.

Thanks for the tip man! Our league have already drafted and i think i did very well.

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
G - Reggie Jackson
SF - Draymond Green
PF - Terrence Jones
F - Channing Frye
C - Deandre Jordan
C - Robin Lopez
Util - Pat Beverly
Util - Marvin Williams (Thinking of dropping it later in the season and pick up sleepers)
Bench - James Ennis

I drafted the best back court then centers that are huge in blocks, FG, Oreb and Dreb!
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,319

Post#6 » by Bank Shot » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:31 am

You nailed it I think. When I read the OP, I immediately thought of Steph + the punt FT guys. Steph plus DeAndre is pretty nasty. You can do better than Ennis and Marvin but I like the rest of the team.

Return to Fantasy Basketball