Value Consistency

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Value Consistency 

Post#1 » by sweet_jesus » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm looking on basketballmonster and trying to see what's the difference between say an 11th pick vs 18th pick in terms of value. Is there a way to filter tiers out? Where's the drop off point from someone in the teens that gives you first rd value even though they are a 2nd rd pick?

Is the Value column what I'm looking for, if I explained that well enough?

After your top 8 there's a drop to Dirk then another drop to 10-17 who's value column has 0.9. difference between the highest ranked 1st rd pick and lowest second rd pick.

I'm just curious to gauge value of two completely different players like Serge VS Lowry. Or break down what the different tiers are by position.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Value Consistency 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:26 am

Basketballmonster used to have these free sortable stats wherein you can view all players ranking by round, with regards to their "value". These values differ if you try punting some stats (i.e. with all the efficiency stats on, Dwight Howard is ranked no. 124 and in the 11th round, if you try to punt all the efficiency stats, his value is still the same, but the punt value factors in and makes him number 18 overall and a second rounder).

The drop-off between the first pick, KD i assume and the last guy in the 2nd round, Blake Griffin is enormous because KD is from a different world. He's a cut above the rest. That just means to say that when you have a healthy KD, you are already in a more advantageous position.

It used to be modifiable, but now it is not free anymore and would just show you limited content.
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#3 » by sweet_jesus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:21 am

Thanks that does help. The various category values they highlight from red to green is probably all I really need then. I still don't see what the value consistency column actually filters out, must be user error.

I was more concerned selecting someone too high in the 2nd when there's someone available that will put up rd 1 numbers and the only reason they aren't in rd one is there just isn't enough teams in a 12 team league (14 or 16 maybe)
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#4 » by Moooose » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Yeah, basically most of the time I just look at the color coding for quick sorting. Kinda brings all the rankings and projections from ESPN and Yahoo back to earth.

Return to Fantasy Basketball