Offered Terrence Jones for my Jeff Green + Marcus Smart

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

stussysupreme1
Senior
And1: 2

Offered Terrence Jones for my Jeff Green + Marcus Smart 

Post#1 » by stussysupreme1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 am

Any thoughts on this trade? I'm scared Jones will lose his starting spot to Motiejunas while Green has all the mins to himself.

Espn 12 team 9-cat

Brook Lopez*, Bkn C
Mike Conley, Mem PG
Jodie Meeks, Det SG
Thaddeus Young, Min SF, PF
LaMarcus Aldridge, Por PF, C
Al Jefferson, Cha C
Marcus Smart, Bos PG
Trevor Ariza, Hou SF
Jeff Green, Bos SF, PF
Markieff Morris, Pho PF, C
Patrick Beverley, Hou PG
Draymond Green, GS SF
D.J. Augustin, Det PG
Vince Carter, Mem SG, SF
P.J. Tucker*, Pho SG, SF
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Re: Offered Terrence Jones for my Jeff Green + Marcus Smart 

Post#2 » by Moooose » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:10 am

Not a real fan of Terrence Jones, but he will help you with his efficiency, notably on the FG, BLKS, and TO departments.

Your team is already low on TO's so adding him up will help you more. Also, your FG will get a little bump. Your blocks are quite low so adding him up would be irrelevant in trying to augment that particular category unless you can add another player from the waiver wire that will help you some more in blocks, steals and FG%. I don't see the need to add another player to try to win the assists department as your team is already low on assists.
sweet_jesus
Bench Warmer
And1: 148

Post#3 » by sweet_jesus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:08 am

Motie always seems to have a promising summer/preseason but I don't see him leap frogging Jones any time soon if ever. And with no Asik there's plenty of minutes in that frontcourt. Don't worry about minutes or a time share.

Honestly I think Green and Smart will be boarderline rosterable for most of the season. They will be on again off again rosters spots with no permanent place on benches. This early I try and package off as many two for ones as I can. I don't see either Boston player being more valuable than Jones and you will definitely find more value than one of those two on the waiver wire.

I wouldn't even think about it personally. I couldn't hit the accept button quicker. Jones and hottest FA >>>>>>>Boston pair
stussysupreme1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by stussysupreme1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:37 am

Ok thanks for the replies guys, very informative. Yea I had a bad draft.outside of Alridge, Jefferson, and Conley i really dont have anyone else.I'm also trying to punt assists. Who should I aim for in terms of trades?

Return to Fantasy Basketball