[DISCUSSION THREAD] RealGM Western Conference Fantasy League

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

StaticRoar
Pro Prospect
And1: 884

Re: [DISCUSSION THREAD] RealGM Western Conference Fantasy Le 

Post#181 » by StaticRoar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:29 am

I like all my guys, but if I get the right offers, I am willing to do some "my 2 for your 1" deals. Just have too much depth, so I'm looking for some upgrades.
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

Post#182 » by Risk101 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:50 am

NiqtheAntiq wrote:
Risk101 wrote:I got Reggie Jackson on the trading block if anyone is looking for a guard.

When Westbrook gets back his stats will be cut in half, for some reason you feel like he is worth Lawson which is beyond me.....

People talk smack about my trade offers but some of you all are just as bad at overvaluing.

TY is also injury prone and I added him to the trade only because Cousins could be out for a while and needed some insurance. I was hesitant on making the trade because Blake is on such a huge roll.
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#183 » by StaticRoar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:50 am

Looks like I got some work to do on the waiver wire.
BRUCE_TFZ
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#184 » by BRUCE_TFZ » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:24 pm

StaticRoar wrote:Looks like I got some work to do on the waiver wire.

Hopefully you didn't put a claim on him too lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM Forums mobile app
Risk101
General Manager

Post#185 » by Risk101 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:13 pm

If your talking about Nene have fun. I gave that guy to many chances. Should have dropped him weeks ago.
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#186 » by rocketsballin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 am

the hilarious one's days are over. back to his half ass half a season bull
BRUCE_TFZ
Sophomore

Post#187 » by BRUCE_TFZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Wow. What a trade. Yo stat why did you give up so much for chris paul?

NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Post#188 » by NiqtheAntiq » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:25 pm

So...I had to sign up for a public league because I realized no one is beating Adam Silver or the Suns in the Finals. Even with a healthy Cousins it doesn't matter as the best I will do in the Finals is 3-6.

I sort of ran my team like David Khan(which is my fault) so I will take my experience from this league and realize where I went wrong and not rely on Preseason play for any indication of Regular...

My advice is that if the Commish doesn't release the players from the inactive teams and cause a shakeup there is no way this league's future isn't already set in stone with the two megapower teams pretty much dominating through April.
BRUCE_TFZ
Sophomore

Post#189 » by BRUCE_TFZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:01 pm

NiqtheAntiq wrote:So...I had to sign up for a public league because I realized no one is beating Adam Silver or the Suns in the Finals. Even with a healthy Cousins it doesn't matter as the best I will do in the Finals is 3-6.

I sort of ran my team like David Khan(which is my fault) so I will take my experience from this league and realize where I went wrong and not rely on Preseason play for any indication of Regular...

My advice is that if the Commish doesn't release the players from the inactive teams and cause a shakeup there is no way this league's future isn't already set in stone with the two megapower teams pretty much dominating through April.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win. Watch me win this!

StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#190 » by StaticRoar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:29 pm

BRUCE_TFZ wrote:Wow. What a trade. Yo stat why did you give up so much for chris paul?

Got to give up a lot to get elite talent.
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#191 » by StaticRoar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:38 pm

BRUCE_TFZ wrote:
NiqtheAntiq wrote:So...I had to sign up for a public league because I realized no one is beating Adam Silver or the Suns in the Finals. Even with a healthy Cousins it doesn't matter as the best I will do in the Finals is 3-6.

Well, the Grizzlies rage quit. Getting tired of the mentality of some of these little kids. When something gets tough, just quit. They'd rather be superstars in the D-League than make it to the NBA.

The Grizzlies' players have all been added back to his team, and his team is now locked from making any more actions.
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#192 » by StaticRoar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Do you guys want me to change up the remaining schedule, so only active teams play active teams, and inactive teams play inactive teams? I'll try to make the strength of schedule as even as possible.

Going to send a mass PM out to the active managers gathering thoughts. It'd be a lot more fun because every week is competitive now. On the other hand, there is a chance that an inactive team might make the playoffs (since they're player inferior competition), and knock out a more deserving active team. Let me know guys. I want everyone to sign off on this before I change the schedule.
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#193 » by StaticRoar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Sent PMs to everyone but BRUCE_TFZ, who has his PMs disabled. You check the discussion thread a lot so I'll just post what I sent everyone else here:
Hi,

I'm considering changing the schedule for the rest of the season to make the league more competitive and interesting. Active teams will play active teams, and inactive teams will play inactive teams. To make strength of schedule fair, I will use Excel to add up current win percentages of opponents for each game (including prior weeks) and try to make the sum of these win percentages as close as possible. But with the schedule changes, inactive teams may make the playoffs too. However, I could edit the inactive teams' lineups so that all the inactive teams end up around or below .500. There are 8 active teams, and 6 current playoff teams. That ratio looks a little too high, so I could change it to 4 playoff teams if you want me to edit the inactive teams' lineups weekly. But I want to make sure everyone is okay with this before sign off on this. Respond back with answers to these questions:

1) Do you support or not support this schedule change? Y/N

If 2 out of the 8 active managers do not support, I will not do it.

2) If you support the schedule change, which are you in favor of:
a. leave inactive teams alone and keep number of playoff teams at 6
b. edit inactive teams' lineups weekly, and change number of playoff teams to 4

Majority wins.

Please PM back with your answers. If you want to present arguments, feel free to do so in the discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1351269
NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Post#194 » by NiqtheAntiq » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:16 pm

StaticRoar wrote:
BRUCE_TFZ wrote:

Well, the Grizzlies rage quit. Getting tired of the mentality of some of these little kids. When something gets tough, just quit. They'd rather be superstars in the D-League than make it to the NBA.

The Grizzlies' players have all been added back to his team, and his team is now locked from making any more actions.

You could have just released players from inactive teams to begin with so people who didn't draft their own team could be competitive, why not find active gm's to fill in the inactive spots, I mean really dude what kind of commish are you?
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#195 » by rocketsballin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:29 pm

since the grizzlies quit, could i claim their last add shawne williams?
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#196 » by StaticRoar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

NiqtheAntiq wrote:
StaticRoar wrote:
BRUCE_TFZ wrote:

You could have just released players from inactive teams to begin with so people who didn't draft their own team could be competitive, why not find active gm's to fill in the inactive spots, I mean really dude what kind of commish are you?

It's your own fault for missing the draft. I stressed greatly for people to come to the draft, and you didn't go. Don't blame your own shortcomings on me. You made plenty of stupid ass moves, and that's why your team sucks. Not going argue with a child who thinks he knows fantasy because he won a public league.
StaticRoar
Pro Prospect

Post#197 » by StaticRoar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:23 am

rocketsballin wrote:since the grizzlies quit, could i claim their last add shawne williams?

Since he dropped Shawne Williams ten minutes before he rage quit, I put him on waivers. Had to twiddle around with it, but Shawne Williams' waiver date is now on the 18th.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,552

Post#198 » by Meeksology » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:25 am

NiqtheAntiq wrote:

Ya sorry bruv but its not the commissioners (or any other teams) fault that you missed the draft.
Risk101
General Manager

Post#199 » by Risk101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:29 am

Meeksology wrote:
NiqtheAntiq wrote:

Ya sorry bruv but its not the commissioners (or any other teams) fault that you missed the draft.

Yo Meek you looking to make any trades?
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,552

Post#200 » by Meeksology » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 am

Risk101 wrote:
Meeksology wrote:
NiqtheAntiq wrote:

Yo Meek you looking to make any trades?

Not really lookin per se, but Im always open for negotiations. Send me a proposal.

Return to Fantasy Basketball